Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Ugh, forfeits

Zealous1
Posts: 111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 5:44:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I just found out that forfeited debates do not show up for voting. After much thought, I agree with this. But I only agree if you automatically lose for forfeiting.

Think about it. Have you ever seen someone forfeit a round just because the said person legitly did not have enough time to respond or forgot? No. It's always because they can't beat you, and maybe sometimes just to do a tie rather than lose.

So it makes logical sense to make them automatically lose. Anyways, if you forget about the debate, you don't deserve to be able to keep debating. It's a burden on your opponent. So no matter why people forfeit, it should just be a loss.

To further balance it, it could be by points. The opponent of the person who forfeits gets 15 points automatically. That way if the forfeiter actually should have won for some reason, the forfeiter still has a chance to win.

It's the most fair way to do it. I hope this gets read by whoever runs this site.

Also, in my signature is a round that my opponent forfeited and I'm waiting for a vote on.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 5:51:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 5:44:05 PM, Zealous1 wrote:
Have you ever seen someone forfeit a round just because the said person legitly did not have enough time to respond or forgot? No.

I have.
ccstate4peat
Posts: 2,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 5:53:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 5:44:05 PM, Zealous1 wrote:
Have you ever seen someone forfeit a round just because the said person legitly did not have enough time to respond or forgot? No.

I can't see you winning any debates anyway if you say legitly instead of legitimately
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 5:53:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 5:51:10 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/10/2011 5:44:05 PM, Zealous1 wrote:
Have you ever seen someone forfeit a round just because the said person legitly did not have enough time to respond or forgot? No.

I have.

I have too. I went away from DDO for about 5 months because of family issues. I ended up leaving like 3 debates unfinished. It is not always because they can't win, in fact, I think that is rarely the case, since there are threads to make forfieted debates known.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Zealous1
Posts: 111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 9:38:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 5:53:21 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
At 3/10/2011 5:44:05 PM, Zealous1 wrote:
Have you ever seen someone forfeit a round just because the said person legitly did not have enough time to respond or forgot? No.

I can't see you winning any debates anyway if you say legitly instead of legitimately

I wouldn't say that during a debate round... I was actually about to delete the word but I figured people on the forum wouldn't care.

Plus I have a 100% win.

In response to "I have":

Surprising. But I also stated that since that's burdening the opposing team in that 1. It doesn't get voted on 2. They have to wait a long time for you 3. They have to waste all their arguments on a forfeit,

I believe even if you just don't have enough time you should still lose.