Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Scoring system

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 2:58:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I know I've seen threads like this before but I never saw a straight answer. So how are the winning records scored. From what I have seen it seems like it is based on the number of wins but I have more wins than the next twenty people above me.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 4:41:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's based on # of wins, but takes a bit to update, which is why you're lower than you'd think you'd be.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Zealous1
Posts: 111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 4:42:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I finally had this answered. It's like in a chess tournament. If you beat an amazing debater (like Danielle), you go way higher than if you beat some newb. So yes it's based on wins, but by skill.

I still don't like the system, though. There's a guy right above me who has 3 wins, 49 losses, and 2 ties. 5.77% win ratio! How can he even be on the leader board... The four people above me have 3 wins 4 losses. I have 9 wins 1 loss. IMO, they shouldn't be above me. It's impossible to tell if the system really works. That's why I proposed a formula.
Zealous1
Posts: 111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 4:43:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/20/2011 4:41:18 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
It's based on # of wins, but takes a bit to update, which is why you're lower than you'd think you'd be.

I've been in 88.94% the past week. And it keeps fluctuating. I'm either first on page 17 or second on page 17. How long does it take?
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 4:44:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/20/2011 4:42:49 PM, Zealous1 wrote:
I finally had this answered. It's like in a chess tournament. If you beat an amazing debater (like Danielle), you go way higher than if you beat some newb. So yes it's based on wins, but by skill.
No. Most of the site decided on the Elo system (what you're describing) when we talked about it earlier, but that wasn't actually ever implemented.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 4:45:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/20/2011 4:43:45 PM, Zealous1 wrote:
At 3/20/2011 4:41:18 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
It's based on # of wins, but takes a bit to update, which is why you're lower than you'd think you'd be.

I've been in 88.94% the past week. And it keeps fluctuating. I'm either first on page 17 or second on page 17. How long does it take?

Don't know, maybe it's bugged. Message one of the admins.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Zealous1
Posts: 111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 4:46:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/20/2011 4:44:40 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 3/20/2011 4:42:49 PM, Zealous1 wrote:
I finally had this answered. It's like in a chess tournament. If you beat an amazing debater (like Danielle), you go way higher than if you beat some newb. So yes it's based on wins, but by skill.
No. Most of the site decided on the Elo system (what you're describing) when we talked about it earlier, but that wasn't actually ever implemented.

So what is the actual system then? Only wins? In that case I should be several pages up.