Jump to topic:

Some lame RFD's...

Zealous1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 10:50:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've been getting some lame RFD's. It's not just about how long they are since most people make them as short as possible anyways. It's about really what their rationale was for voting against or for me. (Mostly against). I've had some like "Con had better arguments" even though I was the only one with arguments. I don't know, just some really weird ones. Some also that don't apply. I asked my opponent not to say a certain word, and someone had that as part of the RFD against me. As if it's wrong for me to not want to see a certain word.

Is there a way to fix this? Should there maybe be more voting restrictions? I don't like getting voted down for dumb reasons because I'm pretty competitive.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 11:13:12 PM
"Better arguments" is a cop-out RFD. We know that you think they had better arguments; that's why you voted the way you did. The question is, what makes their arguments better?
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 2:03:11 AM
Yeah I had a guy just vote against me in a debate that ended months ago. He just said "better arguments and sources", which was strange because it was a debate about who could make the worst arguments. So if he made better arguments then I should have won. But whatever. I've had some lame votes in my favor too, so it probably all evens out in the end