Jump to topic:

Votes-Standings

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 4:41:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think that when one votes on a debate that should factor in someway to their position on the leader board. This would lead to more voting which we definitely need and could introduce another element into how the standings are decided. Like how much one is involved on the site could help decide their standing. I don't knnow if this is a good idea or completely reetarded so what are everyone's thought?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 4:50:36 AM
At 3/27/2011 4:41:05 AM, socialpinko wrote:
I think that when one votes on a debate that should factor in someway to their position on the leader board. This would lead to more voting which we definitely need and could introduce another element into how the standings are decided. Like how much one is involved on the site could help decide their standing. I don't knnow if this is a good idea or completely reetarded so what are everyone's thought?

I'd like to see more voting, but who cares about the leader board?
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 4:54:48 AM
At 3/27/2011 4:50:36 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

I'm just saying it could provide some sort of incentive to vote. I don't know who cares about the leader board but I'm sure some people do. I dunno.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
Awed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 5:01:32 AM
At 3/27/2011 4:54:48 AM, socialpinko wrote:

I'm just saying it could provide some sort of incentive to vote. I don't know who cares about the leader board but I'm sure some people do. I dunno.

First, it would make the people that cared about their position on the leaderboard give bad rfds, vote without reading the debate, etc.
Second, you're seriously the only person that gives a sh!t about the leaderboards so you'd probably do the above. Just drop the talk about the leaderboards or keeping records or anything of the sort because nobody cares.
Last, when it comes to debating, do it to learn; don't just debate noobs and worry about your rank on the leaderboard relative to everyone else. Five years from now you'll have learned way more from debating to learn rather debating to win.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 5:37:24 AM
At 3/27/2011 5:01:32 AM, Awed wrote:

First, it would make the people that cared about their position on the leaderboard give bad rfds, vote without reading the debate, etc.
Second, you're seriously the only person that gives a sh!t about the leaderboards so you'd probably do the above. Just drop the talk about the leaderboards or keeping records or anything of the sort because nobody cares.
Last, when it comes to debating, do it to learn; don't just debate noobs and worry about your rank on the leaderboard relative to everyone else. Five years from now you'll have learned way more from debating to learn rather debating to win.

I'm afraid you have simply misunderstood what I am saying. I'm not saying that I personally care, but that there are probably people who are really competitive or something like that. I just had a thought and posted it to see what everybody thought but I guess that just gets me talked down to by some a**hole who thinks he knows me. And what's with the stuff about debating 'noobs' and worrying about rank? Where did all of this come from? Why are you being a d!ck man?
:
Awed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 5:51:53 PM
At 3/27/2011 5:37:24 AM, socialpinko wrote:

I'm afraid you have simply misunderstood what I am saying. I'm not saying that I personally care, but that there are probably people who are really competitive or something like that. I just had a thought and posted it to see what everybody thought but I guess that just gets me talked down to by some a**hole who thinks he knows me. And what's with the stuff about debating 'noobs' and worrying about rank? Where did all of this come from? Why are you being a d!ck man?

You've made multiple threads simply complaining about the scoring system and about the record number of debates in a month. It's pretty obvious you care. All I'm saying is please stop the talk about the leaderboards.

http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 8:04:22 PM
At 3/27/2011 5:51:53 PM, Awed wrote:
At 3/27/2011 5:37:24 AM, socialpinko wrote:

You've made multiple threads simply complaining about the scoring system and about the record number of debates in a month. It's pretty obvious you care. All I'm saying is please stop the talk about the leaderboards.

First, thats kind of weird, have you been stalking my profile? And second, and my part about the record amount of debates in a month was simply because I'm an insomniac and do a lot of debates at night. And you still did not answer my orifingla question. Why are you being a d!ck man?
:
Awed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 10:49:41 PM
At 3/27/2011 8:04:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
First, thats kind of weird, have you been stalking my profile? And second, and my part about the record amount of debates in a month was simply because I'm an insomniac and do a lot of debates at night. And you still did not answer my orifingla question. Why are you being a d!ck man?

No, all I had to do was click on the debate.org forums and count at all the threads whose author is socialpinko. It's simple math, really. I'm being a "d!ck" because you're annoying as hell about things nobody cares about like the leaderboards.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 2:37:38 AM
@ Awed

Stfu already, seriously.

@ Socialpinko

OreEle Already sent in a form to the mods showing them a poll of the many people who voted to have a voting leaderboard, but obviously nothing has been done about it. Maybe you should PM the mods about it. If they see there is a popular consensus then maybe they will be more inclined.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 11:24:27 AM
At 3/28/2011 2:37:38 AM, TUF wrote:
@ Awed

Stfu already, seriously.

@ Socialpinko

OreEle Already sent in a form to the mods showing them a poll of the many people who voted to have a voting leaderboard, but obviously nothing has been done about it. Maybe you should PM the mods about it. If they see there is a popular consensus then maybe they will be more inclined.

Nah. Now that I think about it it doesn't seem like all that great of an idea. And plus apparently just the idea of it gets Awed's panties in a bunch.
:
Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 1:50:40 PM
We could make a voting leader board lol. Or at least a stat on each profile that could say something like "Johnicle has voted on 120 debates" or something like that. It would be no different than a forum "posts" counter and could provide a subtle incentive.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 1:56:37 PM
At 3/28/2011 1:50:40 PM, Johnicle wrote:
We could make a voting leader board lol. Or at least a stat on each profile that could say something like "Johnicle has voted on 120 debates" or something like that. It would be no different than a forum "posts" counter and could provide a subtle incentive.

That has been voted on by the people and had overwhelming support (something like 80% in favor) for the vote count. Though a voting leaderboard was only supported by who had the most "thumbs up" for their RFDs (rather than vote counts).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"