Jump to topic:

Chat?

PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 10:48:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I seem to recall a DDO fan creating a chat venue awhile back. Is it still running? I think it'd be fun to have an informal chat to just unwind and chitchat when the forums get your conniptions knotted into fits.
Zealous1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 11:30:55 PM
At 3/28/2011 10:48:44 PM, PervRat wrote:
I seem to recall a DDO fan creating a chat venue awhile back. Is it still running? I think it'd be fun to have an informal chat to just unwind and chitchat when the forums get your conniptions knotted into fits.

Sounds like a good idea.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 10:02:58 AM
I believe that DDOmafia has a chat feature. Though it is more like the facebook chat, rather than a chatroom.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:31:59 AM
http://ddomafia.com...

register and you have a chat feature. You can create your own custom rooms if you want. It's like facebook chat so that you can chat privately with one person. But you also have a group chat where everyone can chat together.

Only for DDOians
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 12:57:21 PM
At 3/29/2011 11:31:59 AM, askbob wrote:

register and you have a chat feature. You can create your own custom rooms if you want. It's like facebook chat so that you can chat privately with one person. But you also have a group chat where everyone can chat together.

Only for DDOians

But the chat takes minimum two minutes to load and I have some solid internet connection here. I don't have that kind of patience.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 1:21:03 PM
At 3/29/2011 12:57:21 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:

Only for DDOians

But the chat takes minimum two minutes to load and I have some solid internet connection here. I don't have that kind of patience.

doesn't take me even half that long
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 2:20:44 PM
At 3/29/2011 1:21:03 PM, askbob wrote:
At 3/29/2011 12:57:21 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:

Only for DDOians

doesn't take me even half that long

I'm exaggerating a bit but the site is really fücking slow
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:34:02 PM
At 3/29/2011 2:20:44 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
but the site is really fücking slow

www.paypal.com

Donations are welcome
Bandwidth costs
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 3:43:26 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:34:02 PM, askbob wrote:

www.paypal.com

Donations are welcome
Bandwidth costs

I would if more people used it. The problem with that statement is that if the site were faster, I'm sure more people would use it so if I want people to use the site, I should donate to make it faster. Even though that could very well happen, I don't see the site ever being big enough for me to be willing to donate.

"Big enough" to me is where there is always someone there in the chat thing who I can talk to. I don't care if it's two people, I don't care if it's twenty, as long as whenever I go there I can talk to somebody. At that point I will donate for bandwidth costs
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 4:55:53 PM
At 3/29/2011 3:34:02 PM, askbob wrote:

www.paypal.com

Donations are welcome
Bandwidth costs

Why don't you use Google AdSense or something like that?