Jump to topic:

voting period for this debate does not end

AznWords
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2011 12:53:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
If the voting period is designated as the topic title "voting period for this debate does not end" when does the voting period end?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2011 12:56:22 AM
At 4/2/2011 12:53:06 AM, AznWords wrote:
If the voting period is designated as the topic title "voting period for this debate does not end" when does the voting period end?

I'll give you a hint, the answer to you question is in the topic you created"

voting period for this debate does not end
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
AznWords
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2011 1:03:12 PM
oh ok. I was just curious when a winner would be decided. I guess the winner would be whoever holds more votes atm. So it's possible for you to all of a sudden have your win changed to a lost a few months after the debate is "over"? Well thanks.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2011 1:10:11 PM
At 4/2/2011 1:03:12 PM, AznWords wrote:
oh ok. I was just curious when a winner would be decided. I guess the winner would be whoever holds more votes atm. So it's possible for you to all of a sudden have your win changed to a lost a few months after the debate is "over"? Well thanks.

you get a "win" while you are leading in the voting, but if that ever changes (because people can always continue to vote), it will switch to a "lose".
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 3:31:49 PM
Is "voting period for this debate does not end" expert opinion that time is infinite?

Yeah, "win" is whoever is ahead. Better to close the voting period in your debates. If you hang around the site, you will eventually beat someone who then goes back and votebombs all your past debates that are open.