Jump to topic:

uh... hi. i'm new. but not really.

burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:28:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
i'm not sure where to put this, since i don't remember there being a "get acquainted section or anything..." but uh..

hi i'm burningpuppies101. i've been a member for... 2, 3 years now (i think my profile says 2). i left a few months ago due to personal issues (too much work and school). but i'm back.. i guess...

my question is, what's changed? obviously the format, and i like the voting reform... is that new? how old is it? fyi we've been calling for that at least since a year and a half.. . all the RFD stuff? yea... not new ideas. but it's a good one. :D

who's still here? clearly i-am-a-panda's still here... anyone match him in posts yet?

is askbob back? i saw some of his posts....

and i'm no longer in the top 20 on the leaderboard... T_T time to get debating again.
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:31:55 PM
At 4/4/2011 2:28:25 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
i'm not sure where to put this, since i don't remember there being a "get acquainted section or anything..." but uh..

hi i'm burningpuppies101. i've been a member for... 2, 3 years now (i think my profile says 2). i left a few months ago due to personal issues (too much work and school). but i'm back.. i guess...

my question is, what's changed? obviously the format, and i like the voting reform... is that new? how old is it? fyi we've been calling for that at least since a year and a half.. . all the RFD stuff? yea... not new ideas. but it's a good one. :D

who's still here? clearly i-am-a-panda's still here... anyone match him in posts yet?

and i'm no longer in the top 20 on the leaderboard... T_T time to get debating again.

never pet a burning dog
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:36:14 PM
At 4/4/2011 2:31:55 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

never pet a burning dog

no, you shouldn't
Omnes te moriturum amant 

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:36:59 PM

Panda is a ghost of his former self. He's not on too much any more. A post here and there.

Still mostly a small government site (libertarians, anarchists, and such)
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:38:26 PM
At 4/4/2011 2:36:42 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
sorry for double post..

but is the god debate still raging? when i left ppl were up in arms about god and creationism, etc.

Religion is still the biggest forum (behind the misc/games), bigger than politics. I tend to stay out of religion, so I wouldn't know, but I'm guessing that "debate" will never end.
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:40:36 PM
At 4/4/2011 2:38:26 PM, OreEle wrote:
sorry for double post..

but is the god debate still raging? when i left ppl were up in arms about god and creationism, etc.

Religion is still the biggest forum (behind the misc/games), bigger than politics. I tend to stay out of religion, so I wouldn't know, but I'm guessing that "debate" will never end.

hi, oreEle. never met you before.

but is he really? that's sad...

oh but this debate was all over... hm... i'm tempted to jump in but they're not rational over there... at all.. both sides...
Omnes te moriturum amant 

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:42:25 PM
At 4/4/2011 2:40:36 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
At 4/4/2011 2:38:26 PM, OreEle wrote:
sorry for double post..

hi, oreEle. never met you before.

but is he really? that's sad...

oh but this debate was all over... hm... i'm tempted to jump in but they're not rational over there... at all.. both sides...

I'm easily forgettable.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:44:04 PM
At 4/4/2011 2:42:33 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
WAIT. did DDO get bought? by juggle?

Yes, that is why there has actually been changes.

I'm guessing you've been gone for more than "a few months"

DDO was pruchased, I believe, around 4 - 5 months ago.
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:46:46 PM
At 4/4/2011 2:44:04 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/4/2011 2:42:33 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
WAIT. did DDO get bought? by juggle?

Yes, that is why there has actually been changes.

I'm guessing you've been gone for more than "a few months"

DDO was pruchased, I believe, around 4 - 5 months ago.

O.O

wait so phil's gone. and crystal's gone. gone?

O.O

i feel very out of water right now. and yea i last logged in maybe beginning of last school year.. so last september...

huh.

so whats changed then
Omnes te moriturum amant 

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:49:52 PM
At 4/4/2011 2:48:53 PM, Koopin wrote:
kfc

as you can see, Koopin has not changed.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:51:13 PM
At 4/4/2011 2:49:52 PM, OreEle wrote:
kfc

As you can see, OreEle has changed. http://www.debate.org...
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:52:48 PM
let's see. RFD's (and eventually RFD requirements) have been implimented. New forums (the Games, Philosophy, and Economics).

Juggle actually takes some degree of value in our DDO elected officials (which is Cody_Franklin, took office 12/13/2010, I believe, meaning the next election should be kicking off in not too long).

Posts are moderated by a 3rd party site.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:54:55 PM
At 4/4/2011 2:51:13 PM, Koopin wrote:
kfc

Nice Koopin, though you should have incorporated the Parrot into the picture somewhere.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 2:56:55 PM
At 4/4/2011 2:54:55 PM, OreEle wrote:
kfc

Nice Koopin, though you should have incorporated the Parrot into the picture somewhere.

Rouge doesn't like parrots, and she was already to jumpy. Just look at her face!
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 3:04:05 PM
At 4/4/2011 2:56:55 PM, Koopin wrote:
kfc

Rouge doesn't like parrots, and she was already to jumpy. Just look at her face!

Well, at least you didn't put me with Innomen and SocialPinko, lol.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 3:05:46 PM
At 4/4/2011 3:04:05 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/4/2011 2:56:55 PM, Koopin wrote:
kfc

Well, at least you didn't put me with Innomen and SocialPinko, lol.

Ha ha ha ha.
kfc
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 3:06:55 PM
We have had a bunch of newbies recently, so there are many more debate challenges than before. I don't know why, but it may be something that Juggle has done. I think the percentage of high quality debates has decreased, but it's good that there are more participants.

think we may see more personal challenges rather than open challenges as a result. Maybe more tournaments too.

I debated a Holocaust denier recently; that's the first I've seen that topic. 9/11 conspiracy seems to be out of favor. Religion is the same. My perception is that there are many fewer people defending Obama and his policies, but maybe that's just the way I'm seeing it.

To get an idea of who is active, watch the list of who's online for a while. The leader board, which only counts wins, is also more a measure of activity than accomplishment.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 3:07:55 PM
At 4/4/2011 3:06:14 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
wait so we actually have a ddo "president?" wow. that was mostly figurehead back in my time.. lol

Yes, he's the leader of the free world wide web.
President of DDO
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 3:08:20 PM
At 4/4/2011 3:06:55 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
We have had a bunch of newbies recently, so there are many more debate challenges than before. I don't know why, but it may be something that Juggle has done. I think the percentage of high quality debates has decreased, but it's good that there are more participants.

think we may see more personal challenges rather than open challenges as a result. Maybe more tournaments too.

I debated a Holocaust denier recently; that's the first I've seen that topic. 9/11 conspiracy seems to be out of favor. Religion is the same. My perception is that there are many fewer people defending Obama and his policies, but maybe that's just the way I'm seeing it.

To get an idea of who is active, watch the list of who's online for a while. The leader board, which only counts wins, is also more a measure of activity than accomplishment.

Hey Roy

hm.. so more bad debaters.. wonderful. i guess i shouldnt' have just made an open challenge...
Omnes te moriturum amant 

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 3:10:26 PM
At 4/4/2011 3:08:20 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:

Hey Roy

hm.. so more bad debaters.. wonderful. i guess i shouldnt' have just made an open challenge...

Yes, but we are also getting some good debators out of it, and the nice thing is, most bad debaters debate a few times, than leave. They don't stick around.
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 3:12:40 PM
At 4/4/2011 3:10:26 PM, OreEle wrote:

Hey Roy

Yes, but we are also getting some good debators out of it, and the nice thing is, most bad debaters debate a few times, than leave. They don't stick around.

haha that's always good.
Omnes te moriturum amant 

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 3:16:20 PM

Hey Roy

I just accepted your challenge. I just joined a month ago but have done something like over 70 debates. I have had a problem with not being able to post rounds before so I have lost quite a few debates to that. However I hope our debate can go smoothly and there will be no forfeiting from either party.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
CiRrK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 3:18:49 PM
Yeah, the quality of the debaters has definitely diminished. But oh well, its probably just a phase...hopefully. And I think I remember you, you were pretty good.
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 3:19:06 PM
At 4/4/2011 3:16:20 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Hey Roy

I just accepted your challenge. I just joined a month ago but have done something like over 70 debates. I have had a problem with not being able to post rounds before so I have lost quite a few debates to that. However I hope our debate can go smoothly and there will be no forfeiting from either party.

sounds good! i hope so too
Omnes te moriturum amant