Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Topics to debate on.

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:05:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
OreEle told me to make a thread for this.

1.On balance, socialism(communism) is a more just and humanitarian form of social organization than capitalism.(Pro)-Grape has already contacted me about doing this debate.

2.Complete Pacifism(Pro)[LD style debate]

3.Capital punishment in the United States(Con)[Policy debate]

4.Assisted suicide, with the full consent of the patient, should be legalized(Pro)[Ld style debate]

5.There should be no minimum age to purchase or consume tobacco, alcohol, or other currently illegal drugs which I want to legalize(All of them)[Pro]{Policy debate}

6.All drugs should be completely legalized(United States)[Pro]{Policy debate}

7.Evolution(Macro and Micro) occurs in nature(Pro)

8.Legalization of Prostitution(Pro)

9.The existence of the Deistic god(Con or Pro)[Ld style debate]

10.The existence of the Christian god(Or any other 3-omni gods)[Con]{LD style debate}

11.National health care(U.S.)[Pro]{Policy debate}

12.Minimum Wage(Pro)

13.Woman's right to an abortion up until birth(Pro)[Ld style debate]

14.Gay marriage(Pro)

15.Existence of Anthropogenic global warming(Pro)

If anyone's interested, message me and we'll set it up.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:06:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
i can kick your asss in minimum wage just as i did in abortion
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:28:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 8:06:57 PM, askbob wrote:
i can kick your asss in minimum wage just as i did in abortion

Just like this guy kicked this other guy's @ss:

What a bad@ss. I bet he boasts about his heroic victory all over the interwebs.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:30:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 8:05:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'd be up for debating these:

1.On balance, socialism(communism) is a more just and humanitarian form of social organization than capitalism.(Pro)-Grape has already contacted me about doing this debate.

2.Complete Pacifism(Pro)[LD style debate]

3.Capital punishment in the United States(Con)[Policy debate]

10.The existence of the Christian god(Or any other 3-omni gods)[Con]{LD style debate}

11.National health care(U.S.)[Pro]{Policy debate}

14.Gay marriage(Pro)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:34:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 8:30:28 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:05:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
14.Gay marriage(Pro)

For this one, could I argue against marriage in general?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:47:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 8:06:57 PM, askbob wrote:
i can kick your asss in minimum wage just as i did in abortion

I apologize for not being able to finish our Abortion debate but I would be happy to re-debate you on the same topic at some later date if you're interested.

Ad so that's a yes on my minimum wage debate?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:48:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 8:34:27 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:30:28 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:05:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
14.Gay marriage(Pro)

For this one, could I argue against marriage in general?

Sorry. I want to argue specifically for gay people's right to marry if they choose.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:48:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 8:28:14 PM, Grape wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:06:57 PM, askbob wrote:
i can kick your asss in minimum wage just as i did in abortion

Just like this guy kicked this other guy's @ss:



What a bad@ss. I bet he boasts about his heroic victory all over the interwebs.

lol, that is so true (applying to everyone that brags on the internet).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:48:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
give me a week, then yes
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:50:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 8:30:28 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:05:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'd be up for debating these:

1.On balance, socialism(communism) is a more just and humanitarian form of social organization than capitalism.(Pro)-Grape has already contacted me about doing this debate.: :
2.Complete Pacifism(Pro)[LD style debate]-Cirk has already expressed interest in doing this debate.: :

3.Capital punishment in the United States(Con)[Policy debate]

10.The existence of the Christian god(Or any other 3-omni gods)[Con]{LD style debate}

11.National health care(U.S.)[Pro]{Policy debate}

14.Gay marriage(Pro)


The other four I would be glad to debate you on. It might be a little while though unfortunately.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:50:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 8:48:34 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:34:27 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:30:28 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:05:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
14.Gay marriage(Pro)

For this one, could I argue against marriage in general?

Sorry. I want to argue specifically for gay people's right to marry if they choose.

Ah, too bad. Then I'll let someone else take that debate.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:52:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 8:50:57 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:48:34 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:34:27 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:30:28 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:05:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
14.Gay marriage(Pro)

For this one, could I argue against marriage in general?

Sorry. I want to argue specifically for gay people's right to marry if they choose.

Ah, too bad. Then I'll let someone else take that debate.

Are you cool with taking the other three then?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:53:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 8:50:47 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:30:28 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:05:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'd be up for debating these:

1.On balance, socialism(communism) is a more just and humanitarian form of social organization than capitalism.(Pro)-Grape has already contacted me about doing this debate.: :
2.Complete Pacifism(Pro)[LD style debate]-Cirk has already expressed interest in doing this debate.: :

3.Capital punishment in the United States(Con)[Policy debate]

10.The existence of the Christian god(Or any other 3-omni gods)[Con]{LD style debate}

11.National health care(U.S.)[Pro]{Policy debate}

14.Gay marriage(Pro)

The other four I would be glad to debate you on. It might be a little while though unfortunately.

Who cares if others want to debate the first two with you? I still want to -- and this way, if they forfeit or something comes up, you know who to challenge. Challenge me whenever; I don't care which resolution you choose.

And if anyone has the same opinion(s), feel free to challenge me!
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:55:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 8:53:44 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:50:47 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:30:28 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:05:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'd be up for debating these:

1.On balance, socialism(communism) is a more just and humanitarian form of social organization than capitalism.(Pro)-Grape has already contacted me about doing this debate.: :
2.Complete Pacifism(Pro)[LD style debate]-Cirk has already expressed interest in doing this debate.: :

3.Capital punishment in the United States(Con)[Policy debate]

10.The existence of the Christian god(Or any other 3-omni gods)[Con]{LD style debate}

11.National health care(U.S.)[Pro]{Policy debate}

14.Gay marriage(Pro)

The other four I would be glad to debate you on. It might be a little while though unfortunately.

Who cares if others want to debate the first two with you? I still want to -- and this way, if they forfeit or something comes up, you know who to challenge. Challenge me whenever; I don't care which resolution you choose.

And if anyone has the same opinion(s), feel free to challenge me!

Alright I'll keep you in mind then.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 9:03:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1.On balance, socialism(communism) is a more just and humanitarian form of social organization than capitalism.(Pro)-Grape

2.Complete Pacifism(Pro)[LD style debate]-Cirk

3.Capital punishment in the United States(Con)[Policy debate]-Annhasle

4.Assisted suicide, with the full consent of the patient, should be legalized(Pro)[Ld style debate]

5.There should be no minimum age to purchase or consume tobacco, alcohol, or other currently illegal drugs which I want to legalize(All of them)[Pro]{Policy debate}

6.All drugs should be completely legalized(United States)[Pro]{Policy debate}

7.Evolution(Macro and Micro) occurs in nature(Pro)

8.Legalization of Prostitution(Pro)

9.The existence of the Deistic god(Con or Pro)[Ld style debate]

10.The existence of the Christian god(Or any other 3-omni gods)[Con]{LD style debate}-Annhasle

11.National health care(U.S.)[Pro]{Policy debate}-Annhasle

12.Minimum Wage(Pro)-Askbob

13.Woman's right to an abortion up until birth(Pro)[Ld style debate]-Askbob

14.Gay marriage(Pro)

15.Existence of Anthropogenic global warming(Pro)

To anyone who is interested, make it known and when I am open I will challenge you. Honestly it will be a while before I finish all these. Before I begin on these I have to finish my current debates and then Grape will be first starting next Wednesday.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 9:08:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Depending on time and my workload I may be able to start as early as Sunday. Wednesday is the deadline for me to turn everything in and therefore the latest date that I would still be busy.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 9:11:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 9:08:41 PM, Grape wrote:
Depending on time and my workload I may be able to start as early as Sunday. Wednesday is the deadline for me to turn everything in and therefore the latest date that I would still be busy.

Sunday is actually the best day for me as that's the longest that my current debates will last to.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 9:51:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Care to elaborate on the Pacifism topic a bit?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 9:57:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 9:51:09 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Care to elaborate on the Pacifism topic a bit?

What needs to be expounded upon? He is advocating complete pacifism.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 9:59:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2011 9:51:09 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Care to elaborate on the Pacifism topic a bit?

The topic will most likely be something like "Pacifism is a philosophically and intellectually justified position".
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.