Website Update Tomorrow - April 15th

JuliaD
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 1:39:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello Everyone,

Tomorrow, Friday April 15th, we will push out a release that contains a few small updates and fixes. We expect this update to go out at 10am CST. Approximately 15 minutes before and after that time, you may experience some odd behavior on the site as we make the updates. This would include getting logged out of your account, so please save any debate arguments or forum posts in another program during that time window so you do not lose your work.

The items that will be included in this release are as follows:

-Report this Comment Issue Resolved – Members can now report comments without being prompted with messages to login or join the site.

-"Paste from Word" Feature Enabled – This provides members with a special option within the rich text editor to properly paste formatted text from Microsoft Word (and other text document programs). The feature will strip out the unnecessary code that is copied over from the word document applications and only retain the formatting. ***This is only useful when pasting from another document editing program like Microsoft Word.***

-"Remove Formatting" Feature Enabled – This provides members with an option to remove text formatting when pasting from other programs or websites. This feature should enable members to remove boldface, italics and links that have been carried over from copying and pasting from other websites.

-Improved "Big Issue" Pages – These pages have been redesigned to provide relevant information about the issue including background, recent debates about the issue and member lists of those who support or are against the particular issue.

After the release is live, I will open a new thread where members can report issues that are specific to this release. Please use that thread to report issues instead of responding to this one or opening up new threads. It makes it a lot easier for us to track issues and more efficient in resolving them.

Lastly, we have received a lot of feedback about new voting features as well as a number of ideas for new debate styles and tournaments. We are still evaluating those suggestions and hope to make progress on those in the next several months.

Thanks,
Julia
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 5:12:27 PM
At 4/15/2011 12:04:33 PM, Koopin wrote:
THIS IS FREAK'IN COOL! I love the big issues when you click on them.

Ya, that's pretty cool. I thought they were going to add more though. I still see the old ones.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2011 10:29:05 AM
I like the updates, but user comments on their BIG ISSUES still ignoreallspacesintheinput.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
JuliaD
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2011 11:54:47 AM
At 4/17/2011 10:29:05 AM, wjmelements wrote:
I like the updates, but user comments on their BIG ISSUES still ignoreallspacesintheinput.

Can you provide me with an example as to where this is happening?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2011 9:45:29 PM
At 4/17/2011 11:54:47 AM, JuliaD wrote:
Can you provide me with an example as to where this is happening?

http://www.debate.org...

All newly saved big issues will have the problem.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light