Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Random Statistics

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:45:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is kind of seperate from the 99th percentile, though that may pop up every now and again.

I don't think that it is all that unknown that the site is slower on the weekends. Our member activity dropped 14.16% over the weekend, and it will likely go back up in the next couple of days (hopefully in a few weeks I'll have enough data to make more accurate predictions of what is a normal drop and what isn't).

An interesting thing (or at least interesting to me) was that most of the drop came in the Hiding Block (those that don't report their political affiliation), by 17.31%, while those that do report their political affiliation only dropped 11.40%.

Also, the two main blocks, ALC and CSL, barely moved at all. ALC dropped only 5.04% and CSL actually grew 2.38%. And both the ALC and the CSL saw their active member share increase over the weekend by about 3% each block.

The reporting groups that lost the most were actually Other and Moderate, which are borderline on the Hiding block, since many people may choose those to avoid saying what they are. Combined, they dropped 24.00% over the weekend.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 3:54:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:45:58 AM, OreEle wrote:
This is kind of seperate from the 99th percentile, though that may pop up every now and again.

I don't think that it is all that unknown that the site is slower on the weekends. Our member activity dropped 14.16% over the weekend, and it will likely go back up in the next couple of days (hopefully in a few weeks I'll have enough data to make more accurate predictions of what is a normal drop and what isn't).

An interesting thing (or at least interesting to me) was that most of the drop came in the Hiding Block (those that don't report their political affiliation), by 17.31%, while those that do report their political affiliation only dropped 11.40%.

Also, the two main blocks, ALC and CSL, barely moved at all. ALC dropped only 5.04% and CSL actually grew 2.38%. And both the ALC and the CSL saw their active member share increase over the weekend by about 3% each block.

The reporting groups that lost the most were actually Other and Moderate, which are borderline on the Hiding block, since many people may choose those to avoid saying what they are. Combined, they dropped 24.00% over the weekend.

Hmm... Nice research. How did you go about figuring all that stuff out?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 3:56:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm going into the "advanced search," selecting "logged on in the last 72 hours," then filtering by political ideology and recording the results on a daily basis, so trends can be tracked.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 3:57:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 3:56:34 PM, OreEle wrote:
I'm going into the "advanced search," selecting "logged on in the last 72 hours," then filtering by political ideology and recording the results on a daily basis, so trends can be tracked.

What for?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 4:05:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 3:57:57 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 4/18/2011 3:56:34 PM, OreEle wrote:
I'm going into the "advanced search," selecting "logged on in the last 72 hours," then filtering by political ideology and recording the results on a daily basis, so trends can be tracked.

What for?

Because I enjoy it.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 4:10:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 4:05:04 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/18/2011 3:57:57 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 4/18/2011 3:56:34 PM, OreEle wrote:
I'm going into the "advanced search," selecting "logged on in the last 72 hours," then filtering by political ideology and recording the results on a daily basis, so trends can be tracked.

What for?

Because I enjoy it.

Nerd. Jk I have no room to talk.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 4:25:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Out of all the people who have joined DDO in the last 72 hours(73), 8(11%) belong to the CLS group and 13(18%) belong to the ACL group. 56% of them are not saying which kind of sucks.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 4:26:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 4:25:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Out of all the people who have joined DDO in the last 72 hours(73), 8(11%) belong to the CLS group and 13(18%) belong to the ACL group. 56% of them are not saying which kind of sucks.

Yes, most new members will not say, but the nice thing is, that those that do not self-identify are those that most likely join, but never get involved (or only do 1 debate).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 4:34:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I love all the mathmaticians on this site. My brain would probably explode if I tried to compute statistics like that. Interesting stuff guys.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 4:42:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There are currently 485 members in the 90'ers (90th percentile). It only takes 4 wins to get to that level. That really shows how many people join this site and never really participate.

However, of them, the ALC is 44.0% (8.4 points lower than their member share of the 99'ers) and the CSL is 22.4% (3.8 points lower than their member share of the 99'ers).

The group that has the biggest difference between their 99'ers and 90'ers share are the Moderates, with 7.1% of 99'ers and 16.1% of 90'ers.

It only takes 29 wins to get to the 99'ers level.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 4:50:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 4:34:14 PM, TUF wrote:
I love all the mathmaticians on this site. My brain would probably explode if I tried to compute statistics like that. Interesting stuff guys.

You don't need to be a mathemitician. All you need is a calculator.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 4:53:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 4:50:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/18/2011 4:34:14 PM, TUF wrote:
I love all the mathmaticians on this site. My brain would probably explode if I tried to compute statistics like that. Interesting stuff guys.

You don't need to be a mathemitician. All you need is a calculator.

Or excel, that's what I use.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 5:06:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
correlate the mafia games
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 5:15:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't think that it is all that unknown that the site is slower on the weekends. Our member activity dropped 14.16% over the weekend:

Interesting. How did you ascertain that, Columbo?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 5:18:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 5:15:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I don't think that it is all that unknown that the site is slower on the weekends. Our member activity dropped 14.16% over the weekend:

Interesting. How did you ascertain that, Columbo?

Tracked the active membership (those logged on in the last 72 hours) on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, for each political group as well as total. I gather those stats every day (only takes about 5 minutes) and I'm going to be tracking the 99'ers and 90'ers every week.

I may start to include other things, like religion, or age, or something, but not sure yet.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 5:29:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, totally interesting (namly in it's own patheticness).

The Labor group does not have a single member with in the 90th percentile (remember, only takes 4 wins). The best member only has 2 wins. :_( for them.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 2:21:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The "Others" are rapidily going extinct. Down 42.4% in the last 5 days, compared to the site average of only down 6.3% over that time frame. Hopefully, my fellow "others" will come back.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 1:42:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's thursday, and so that means new Statistics are out!

Needless to say, the make-up of the 99'ers hasn't changed. Still 53 of them, 11 not reporting, so 42 that have workable numbers.

Something that I found a little saddening, of the 42 99'ers (people in the 99th percentile), only 17 debates were done last week (this does not include any debates which are "ties," only wins and loses, so it might be off a bit). That means that the average 99'er is only doing 2 debates every 5 weeks, I was kind of hoping to see double that number or at least 30 debates from the 42 of us.

The record for all 99'ers remained pretty constant. From 2814 - 800 (77.864%) to 2827 - 804 (77.857%), a drop of only (0.007%).

Anarchy fell from the #1 in winning % (91.71% last week) down to #2 (91.35% this week). It was replaced by Apathy (91.43% both weeks, that person didn't complete any debates).

The most active group was socialist, which complete 8 of the 17 debates (and went 6 - 2 on those debates). Socialists only make up 9.5% of the 99'ers, but did 47.1% of the debates last week.

Communists still hold the bottom of the win%, but are making improvements, from 53.3% last week to 54.1% this week.

As for the blocks, the ALC and the CSL, no real change. ASL dropped 0.05% from last week, and CSL went up 0.06%.

If anyone wants any particular stats, let me know and I'll see if I can find them.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:38:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also.

In the last month, we've made over 23,000 posts and have just over 400 debates.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"