Jump to topic:

Election Rules

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 2:31:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
One thing that should be done, as was done in the last election (though started about 1/2 way through) is keeping track of who actually does the voting, rather than just a tally.

That way, people can't alter the count when they "update" it, or vote twice (as some tried).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 2:33:49 PM
I'll admit, I'm a fan of some kind of restriction on members (this also came up in the last election, with claims against Innomen). Like either saying that they must be members for so many weeks (like 1 month or so), or that they need to have made 100 posts, or completed 3 debates.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 2:43:13 PM
I like the "regulars" idea. We can pretty much agree on that; there isn't anyone who is really borderline. Either you're active or you're not; those who aren't active will be put under the suspicion list.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:06:32 PM
At 4/21/2011 2:43:13 PM, m93samman wrote:
I like the "regulars" idea. We can pretty much agree on that; there isn't anyone who is really borderline. Either you're active or you're not; those who aren't active will be put under the suspicion list.

Then how do you work through the "suspicion" list? What parameters would be used? It should really be something that can be black and white. We don't really want a gray area when dealing with votes.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:10:03 PM
At 4/21/2011 2:33:49 PM, OreEle wrote:
I'll admit, I'm a fan of some kind of restriction on members (this also came up in the last election, with claims against Innomen). Like either saying that they must be members for so many weeks (like 1 month or so), or that they need to have made 100 posts, or completed 3 debates.

I agree with the 100 posts or 3 completed debates rule

Also additional restrictions that the user had to have completed those three debates or have had those 100 posts as of this post
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:13:10 PM
At 4/21/2011 3:10:03 PM, askbob wrote:
At 4/21/2011 2:33:49 PM, OreEle wrote:

I agree with the 100 posts or 3 completed debates rule

Also additional restrictions that the user had to have completed those three debates or have had those 100 posts as of this post

It would be hard to track back posts. I mean, in 7 weeks, when the election starts and someone votes that has 142 posts, we aren't really going to be able to tell how many posts they had at this time. Debates we can do (since those are all tracked from their profile).
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:15:34 PM
The rules are simple.. Majority wins.

Whoever votes for me is given high fives.

Whoever votes against me will be shocked repeatedly with a cattle prod until they change their vote.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:27:48 PM
At 4/21/2011 3:06:32 PM, OreEle wrote:

Then how do you work through the "suspicion" list? What parameters would be used? It should really be something that can be black and white. We don't really want a gray area when dealing with votes.

The people who are on a suspicion list will immediately be removed. There aren't any users who are "in between" active and inactive. I'm just saying if there is suspicion, they should be removed.

That simple
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2011 3:30:08 PM
At 4/21/2011 3:27:48 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 4/21/2011 3:06:32 PM, OreEle wrote:

The people who are on a suspicion list will immediately be removed. There aren't any users who are "in between" active and inactive. I'm just saying if there is suspicion, they should be removed.

That simple

Sure there is. What makes one "active?" How many posts they've made in the last week? We have no way to track that. How many debates they've done in the last month? The fact that some of us remember them from the forum?
BangBang-Coconut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 5:15:23 PM
I say there should be an electoral college of extremely committed members to narrow the election down to maybe 3 or 4 people. That would take care of the "suspicion list". let any-one who want to toss their hat into the ring, and if the electoral college says no, you're out.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 5:17:36 PM
At 4/22/2011 5:15:23 PM, Hello-Orange wrote:
I say there should be an electoral college of extremely committed members to narrow the election down to maybe 3 or 4 people. That would take care of the "suspicion list". let any-one who want to toss their hat into the ring, and if the electoral college says no, you're out.

You mean a "council" to determine if a vote should be counted or not?
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2011 9:01:48 PM
I know this is off the topic of election rules but when will the official thread be posted to get your name on the ballot. I haven't been on in awhile so I didn't see if one was posted or not.
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2011 9:20:57 PM
At 4/23/2011 9:01:48 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
I know this is off the topic of election rules but when will the official thread be posted to get your name on the ballot. I haven't been on in awhile so I didn't see if one was posted or not.

So far people have been simply announcing their candidacy through their own thread on the DDO forum. Like askbob on the Rovaleslb thread.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2011 10:19:31 PM
So what exactly does the pres do?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2011 11:13:13 PM
At 4/23/2011 10:19:31 PM, phantom wrote:
So what exactly does the pres do?

Most of it is just for fun,whoever wins picks the other popular people to be on their cabinet. It's all kinda cool.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 10:36:38 AM
At 5/13/2011 12:16:46 AM, jharry wrote:
Are these the official rules?

100 posts or 3 completed debates.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 10:37:30 AM
At 5/13/2011 10:36:38 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/13/2011 12:16:46 AM, jharry wrote:
Are these the official rules?

100 posts or 3 completed debates.

when the election was announced
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 2:54:04 PM
When was the election officially announced?

I think that is important information for the DDO community to know. Especially the new active members on this site who were planning on voting.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 2:56:16 PM
At 5/13/2011 2:54:04 PM, Lionheart wrote:

I think that is important information for the DDO community to know. Especially the new active members on this site who were planning on voting.

Ignore askbob's post. Cody didn't say there was a deadline. That would be bias.
kfc
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 11:40:11 PM
At 5/13/2011 2:56:16 PM, Koopin wrote:

Yes against members who aren't a part of this site and are simply spamming the "record attempt at most posts" thread in order to be allowed to vote.

AKA quarterexchange
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 11:45:54 PM
At 5/13/2011 11:40:11 PM, askbob wrote:

Yes against members who aren't a part of this site and are simply spamming the "record attempt at most posts" thread in order to be allowed to vote.

AKA quarterexchange

What makes someone a part of the site? What makes them not a part of the site?

What is it to be "a part" of a site?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 11:48:05 PM
At 5/13/2011 11:45:54 PM, jharry wrote:

AKA quarterexchange

A better question is what are activities that are not part of this site. Those activities are spamming.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2011 11:59:39 PM
At 5/13/2011 11:48:05 PM, askbob wrote:
At 5/13/2011 11:45:54 PM, jharry wrote:

AKA quarterexchange

A better question is what are activities that are not part of this site. Those activities are spamming.

I guess you would need to define spamming and how it is not part of this site.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 12:03:32 AM
At 5/13/2011 11:59:39 PM, jharry wrote:

me typing in random symbols that are in no relation to anything anyone has posted. See the post below this post as an example:
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 12:03:41 AM
fish

asdfa
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 12:11:45 AM
At 5/14/2011 12:03:32 AM, askbob wrote:

me typing in random symbols that are in no relation to anything anyone has posted. See the post below this post as an example:

Lol. Have you seen that thread? It is full of the exact thing you just described.

So what would make that thread not "a part" of this site?

Maybe if the respected members of this site didn't post in it. Just the spammers?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 12:17:21 AM
At 5/14/2011 12:11:45 AM, jharry wrote:

Lol. Have you seen that thread? It is full of the exact thing you just described.

Maybe if the respected members of this site didn't post in it. Just the spammers?

Who said they're respected?
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2011 12:20:27 AM
At 5/14/2011 12:17:21 AM, askbob wrote:
At 5/14/2011 12:11:45 AM, jharry wrote:

Who said they're respected?

Well I don't know about you but I respect Cody_Franklin and J.Kenyon. Highly.

You don't?