DemonDog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 3:07:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1) What does the president get to do?
2) How does the president get elected?
3) Who are the people currently running?
4) I read in another forum that you would probably create a council to decide who can vote and who can run - Being a newb, I would like to vote, any chance I wont be able to?
The Dog ate my homework.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 3:13:00 PM
At 4/25/2011 3:07:07 PM, DemonDog wrote:

The president works with the owners to help improve the site. Since the owners have a very laid back view (as you can see, we have no moderators), they don't know what the members want all that well. The President kind of works as a go-between for the members and the owners.

Majority rule of the members, voted in an open forum that lasts 3 days (so your vote is public).

Askbob is the only person really running at the moment (If anyone else is planning on running, contact me).

4) I read in another forum that you would probably create a council to decide who can vote and who can run - Being a newb, I would like to vote, any chance I wont be able to?

There likely will, though nothing has been done yet to set in stone. Some members have suggested that you meet certain requirements at the beginning of the elections (4/19/2011), others have said you should only meet those requirements at the start of the voting period (6/12/2011).

Either way, the likely requirements are something like either 150 posts, or 3 completed debates (of sufficient quality, that is likely what the council will be reviewing).

Also, just so you know, we hold a new election every 6 months, so if you miss out on this one, the next is not that far away.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 4:26:12 PM
At 4/25/2011 3:13:00 PM, OreEle wrote:

The president works with the owners to help improve the site. Since the owners have a very laid back view (as you can see, we have no moderators), they don't know what the members want all that well. The President kind of works as a go-between for the members and the owners.

Majority rule of the members, voted in an open forum that lasts 3 days (so your vote is public).

Askbob is the only person really running at the moment (If anyone else is planning on running, contact me).

There likely will, though nothing has been done yet to set in stone. Some members have suggested that you meet certain requirements at the beginning of the elections (4/19/2011), others have said you should only meet those requirements at the start of the voting period (6/12/2011).

Either way, the likely requirements are something like either 150 posts, or 3 completed debates (of sufficient quality, that is likely what the council will be reviewing).

Also, just so you know, we hold a new election every 6 months, so if you miss out on this one, the next is not that far away.

Wow, that didn't sound as elitist as I thought it would.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 4:43:58 PM
At 4/25/2011 4:26:12 PM, jharry wrote:

It is to prevent new member spamming during the voting process. That was one of the biggest issues during the last election.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 4:52:09 PM
At 4/25/2011 4:43:58 PM, OreEle wrote:

It is to prevent new member spamming during the voting process. That was one of the biggest issues during the last election.

It is what it is.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 4:56:25 PM
At 4/25/2011 4:52:09 PM, jharry wrote:

It is what it is.

Well, if a certain standard of quality is "elitist," so be it.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 5:14:01 PM
At 4/25/2011 4:56:25 PM, OreEle wrote:

It is what it is.

That cool, I don't think I would be able to support any party that makes a second class membership here. But that is just me. I hope this election is as interesting as the last.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 5:28:16 PM
At 4/25/2011 5:14:01 PM, jharry wrote:

It is what it is.

That cool, I don't think I would be able to support any party that makes a second class membership here. But that is just me. I hope this election is as interesting as the last.

We already have that with voting restrictions on debates.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 5:35:59 PM
At 4/25/2011 5:28:16 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/25/2011 5:14:01 PM, jharry wrote:

It is what it is.

We already have that with voting restrictions on debates.

I know. And again, it doesnt sound as elitist as I thought it would.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 7:55:48 PM
At 4/25/2011 7:49:08 PM, DemonDog wrote:
So when the election cycle begins -- Can no one else enter the primaries?

There are no primaries. All you have to do is PM OreEle, announce your candidacy, and pick a VP and you're in.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DemonDog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 8:03:54 PM
There are no primaries. All you have to do is PM OreEle, announce your candidacy, and pick a VP and you're in.

I assume their are restrictions for who can enter and when? I mean otherwise I could enter and make a fool out of myself... However, I guess if you want nothing to be done - I'm your guy!
The Dog ate my homework.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 8:05:01 PM
At 4/25/2011 8:03:54 PM, DemonDog wrote:

I assume their are restrictions for who can enter and when? I mean otherwise I could enter and make a fool out of myself... However, I guess if you want nothing to be done - I'm your guy!

The standards are pretty low. They let me announce my candidacy.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 8:06:31 PM
This is clearly a multi-account that will be banned
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 8:27:10 PM
At 4/25/2011 8:06:31 PM, askbob wrote:

Of who?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 8:30:53 PM
At 4/25/2011 8:27:10 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 4/25/2011 8:06:31 PM, askbob wrote:

Of who?

my guess is that it's thegodhand but it could be of anyone. Either way it's been reported
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos