Jump to topic:

Account Verification

baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 2:41:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
To do several things on Debate.org (including voting), I have to get my account verified. However when I have not been able to do that in more than a year.

When I choose my country (India), here are the options for network provider I am given:
BSNL Easth
BSNL North
BNL South
BSNL West

In contrast, here is the actual list of carriers which exist in India (This list might be missing some of the recent ones):
http://en.wikipedia.org...

If account verification is compulsory, shouldn't debate.org be more serious about maintaining list of carriers? In case it is not possible, shouldn't they think of some alternative way for account verification? (Or is there a possible way?)
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 3:20:12 AM
No, at this time I think only verification for North American members is available. It's not mandatory although without it you're unable to vote on debates.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 3:35:05 AM
Even though out of 26,509 members, around 2349 are from India! (~9%)

http://www.debate.org...

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 9:52:43 AM
What is your cell phone carrier

also please list the format of your number (how many digits etc.)
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 10:52:06 AM
Carrier: Vodafone
Number format- 10 digits without any gaps
For example: 1234567890