Jump to topic:

Cell Phone Carriers To Be Added

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 11:13:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Can you not get your account verified due to your cell phone provider not being listed? Enter it here

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Carrier: Orange Network
Number format- 10 digits without any gaps
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carrier: Vodafone
Number format- 10 digits without any gaps
For example: 1234567890
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 12:19:51 PM
The vodofone has to be added under country India.

The full name I get on my mobile is 'Vodafone IN - 2G'
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 2:11:44 AM
Carrier: Telstra
Format 1234 123 123 (10 digits)
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 12:34:18 PM
Incidentally, any one has any idea as to when these are going to be added.

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 10:46:29 PM
If it matters..."Telstra is the largest provider of both local and long distance telephone services, mobile services, dialup, wireless, DSL and cable internet access in Australia." http://en.wikipedia.org...

So yeah, if you are going to add a carrier for Australia, Telstra is a good pick :)
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 1:15:00 AM
At 4/29/2011 12:34:18 PM, baggins wrote:
Incidentally, any one has any idea as to when these are going to be added.

give me a week
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 4:07:24 AM
NZ's largest carrier isn't listed (though the second-largest is)! Telecom NZ:
027 _ _ _ - _ _ _ _
In the further future 2degrees NZ would be desirable also.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 7:56:04 AM
At 4/27/2011 1:02:41 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Format: 07796 1234567

*Sniggers*

Sorry
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 1:10:59 AM
I don't think the carriers have been added.

Isn't direct confirmation possible for those who taken part in - say 5 debates?

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 2:33:33 AM
At 5/5/2011 1:10:59 AM, baggins wrote:
I don't think the carriers have been added.

Isn't direct confirmation possible for those who taken part in - say 5 debates?

How so ?

Also, I am wondering if adding carriers is something that is actually been done, or if we are lobbying the admins of the site to do it ?
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2011 11:48:00 AM
I had created a topic about absence of major cell phone carriers from India.

http://www.debate.org...

Andyh had also created a similar topic.

http://www.debate.org...

In response askbob had created this topic. I don't know about others but Vodafone (India) has not been added yet.

I don't know adding cell phone carriers is how difficult. However I would like an update as to what is going on.

I understand vote-bombing is a problem in this community and as a result cell phone confirmation is required. However when a debater has taken part in certain number of debates - I guess moderators should consider the person for direct voting rights. A single look at the debates is sufficient to tell whether a person is serious or not. Also note - it is not exactly my fault that debate.org does not have sufficient carriers for my country.

I think debate.org has a very good collection of debates (Along with lots of noise also). However going through other people's debate without having power to vote is quite upsetting. Specially when habitual vote bombers enjoy full voting rights...

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 10:12:49 PM
bumping this, mass report this thread, click other, type in "add these carriers"
Dimmitri.C
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 1:44:30 PM
My carrier (Optus) is a carrier I can choose from as an Australian. However, I have entered my mobile 10 digit phone number multiple times and haven't received a validation code. Does anyone have any idea how I can amend this issue?