Jump to topic:

temporarily close account

truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 3:45:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If I will be gone for a year is there a way to temporarily close my account and reopen it in a year?
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 3:48:32 PM
At 4/28/2011 3:45:01 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
If I will be gone for a year is there a way to temporarily close my account and reopen it in a year?

awwww, guyyys, truthseeker is leaving!!! How can this be??? We'll miss you soo much man. GL in your endeavors.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 3:55:35 PM

Yes, you can close your account. Then, when you sign back in, it will re-activate your account (I believe it sends an email to re-acctivate it, just like when you signed up).

But I do believe that you need to maintain the email address. If you lose that, I think it is toast.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 4:07:39 PM
I'm not sure who you are, but good luck in whatever it is you're pursuing! ^_^

As for closing your account, there is a way to do that. It's under "My Settings". All you have to do to reactivate it is sign in again.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 4:46:23 PM

dude please don't leave. If you leave, then I might as well. There isn't much to keep me here after you are gone.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 5:27:44 PM
What's the point of closing your account if you plan on coming back?
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 6:31:35 PM
At 4/28/2011 5:40:13 PM, Koopin wrote:
Who are you?

Oh Koopin, you took the words right outta my mouth.
It must have been when... never mind. *O_O*
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 10:40:57 PM
whats the advantage of closing your account for a time if you intend to come back? just leave, do nothing to the account and its up and running when your back. Is it a silent message kind of thing to let any know who thought to challenge you, message, ect know that there is basically no chance of response to it, cause you could just put something in the profile summaries couldn't you in place of closing the account to say that to all who read it and it would do just as good right?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 3:52:15 AM
At 4/28/2011 4:07:39 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

As for closing your account, there is a way to do that. It's under "My Settings". All you have to do to reactivate it is sign in again.

The voice of experience.
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 11:48:24 AM
At 4/28/2011 3:48:32 PM, bluesteel wrote:

awwww, guyyys, truthseeker is leaving!!! How can this be??? We'll miss you soo much man. GL in your endeavors.

don't get all teary eyed I said it will be temporary. lol

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 11:53:01 AM
At 4/28/2011 5:27:44 PM, Korashk wrote:

just in case some one trys to challenge me in a debate or anything else they wont think I'm ignoring them.

truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 11:54:57 AM
At 4/28/2011 5:40:13 PM, Koopin wrote:
Who are you?

what's that supposed to mean?
and no I'm not giving out my s.s. #

truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 11:59:26 AM
At 4/28/2011 10:40:57 PM, Marauder wrote:
whats the advantage of closing your account for a time if you intend to come back? just leave, do nothing to the account and its up and running when your back. Is it a silent message kind of thing to let any know who thought to challenge you, message, ect know that there is basically no chance of response to it, cause you could just put something in the profile summaries couldn't you in place of closing the account to say that to all who read it and it would do just as good right?

I doubt any one would bother reading it.

m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:14:16 AM
At 4/29/2011 3:52:15 AM, innomen wrote:
At 4/28/2011 4:07:39 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

The voice of experience.

LOL
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 12:38:54 PM
At 4/29/2011 11:53:01 AM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 4/28/2011 5:27:44 PM, Korashk wrote:

just in case some one trys to challenge me in a debate or anything else they wont think I'm ignoring them.

Most likely if they challenge you to a debate they'll look at your profile and see when you last were online. If you havent logged in since they sent the request they'll know your not ignoring them.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)