Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Difference between first 20 and last 20

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:10:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I saw that there is a difference between my winning percentages for my first 20 debates on DDO and my most recent 20 debates.

I won 45% of my first 20 debates on DDO, 9 out of 20. Out of my last 20 debates on DDO I have won 95%, 19 out of 20.

Just an interesting little piece of information I found.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:14:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 8:10:02 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I saw that there is a difference between my winning percentages for my first 20 debates on DDO and my most recent 20 debates.

I won 45% of my first 20 debates on DDO, 9 out of 20. Out of my last 20 debates on DDO I have won 95%, 19 out of 20.

Just an interesting little piece of information I found.

you're first 20 debates were against decent opponents and you got your butt handed to you, your last 20 were noob snipes
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:14:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
your*
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:15:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 8:14:21 PM, askbob wrote:
At 5/1/2011 8:10:02 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I saw that there is a difference between my winning percentages for my first 20 debates on DDO and my most recent 20 debates.

I won 45% of my first 20 debates on DDO, 9 out of 20. Out of my last 20 debates on DDO I have won 95%, 19 out of 20.

Just an interesting little piece of information I found.

you're first 20 debates were against decent opponents and you got your butt handed to you, your last 20 were noob snipes

Haha I was going to say the exact same thing.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:15:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 8:14:21 PM, askbob wrote:
At 5/1/2011 8:10:02 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I saw that there is a difference between my winning percentages for my first 20 debates on DDO and my most recent 20 debates.

I won 45% of my first 20 debates on DDO, 9 out of 20. Out of my last 20 debates on DDO I have won 95%, 19 out of 20.

Just an interesting little piece of information I found.

you're first 20 debates were against decent opponents and you got your butt handed to you, your last 20 were noob snipes

That hurts man.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:16:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 8:15:15 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/1/2011 8:14:21 PM, askbob wrote:
At 5/1/2011 8:10:02 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I saw that there is a difference between my winning percentages for my first 20 debates on DDO and my most recent 20 debates.

I won 45% of my first 20 debates on DDO, 9 out of 20. Out of my last 20 debates on DDO I have won 95%, 19 out of 20.

Just an interesting little piece of information I found.

you're first 20 debates were against decent opponents and you got your butt handed to you, your last 20 were noob snipes

That hurts man.

http://www.debate.org...

vs.

http://www.debate.org...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:18:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've bee meaning to rechallenge you to an abortion debate. I hate that I coudn't finish the last one.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:20:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 8:14:21 PM, askbob wrote:

you're first 20 debates were against decent opponents and you got your butt handed to you, your last 20 were noob snipes

Awesome, my phrase caught on.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:25:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 8:18:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I've bee meaning to rechallenge you to an abortion debate. I hate that I coudn't finish the last one.

Even if you had time to finish it, i would have destroyed you.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:26:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 8:22:35 PM, CiRrK wrote:
pinko, we still havent done the debate: "Pacifism is, on balance, a logical philosophy for an individual." I want to do it.

I'm almost done with my current debates, I'll challenge you by the end of the week.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:28:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I also think that perhaps the fact that I instigated 15 of my first 20 debates, but then only insigated 4 of my last twenty.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:45:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 8:26:33 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/1/2011 8:22:35 PM, CiRrK wrote:
pinko, we still havent done the debate: "Pacifism is, on balance, a logical philosophy for an individual." I want to do it.

I'm almost done with my current debates, I'll challenge you by the end of the week.

cool. : )
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:55:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 8:28:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I also think that perhaps the fact that I instigated 15 of my first 20 debates, but then only insigated 4 of my last twenty.

No, there is a tremendous difference between your first responses and your last ones. You would have been mangled PCP in your first debate if you had not forfeited. However you could actually present a solid argument against him now, though to be frank you would still be an underdog. The only thing I would advise is that if you are really interesting in debating to improve then to reduce the volume and try to focus on quality. But if you are simply doing it to have fun then keep firing away.
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 8:58:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 8:55:28 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 5/1/2011 8:28:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I also think that perhaps the fact that I instigated 15 of my first 20 debates, but then only insigated 4 of my last twenty.

No, there is a tremendous difference between your first responses and your last ones. You would have been mangled PCP in your first debate if you had not forfeited. However you could actually present a solid argument against him now, though to be frank you would still be an underdog. The only thing I would advise is that if you are really interesting in debating to improve then to reduce the volume and try to focus on quality. But if you are simply doing it to have fun then keep firing away.

Again, I concur. Your debates are usually underdeveloped and lacking in quality. So try not to debate 30 debates at once and focus on a couple.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 9:02:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 8:58:10 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 5/1/2011 8:55:28 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 5/1/2011 8:28:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I also think that perhaps the fact that I instigated 15 of my first 20 debates, but then only insigated 4 of my last twenty.

No, there is a tremendous difference between your first responses and your last ones. You would have been mangled PCP in your first debate if you had not forfeited. However you could actually present a solid argument against him now, though to be frank you would still be an underdog. The only thing I would advise is that if you are really interesting in debating to improve then to reduce the volume and try to focus on quality. But if you are simply doing it to have fun then keep firing away.

Again, I concur. Your debates are usually underdeveloped and lacking in quality. So try not to debate 30 debates at once and focus on a couple.

That's what I'm trying to do now though it's hard. I see a topic in th challenge period and I can't stop myself. Oh well. And yeah I'm going to work on quality now.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.