Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Spinko's totally not fixed debate tournament

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:04:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
As Maurader's tournament died out I will now be holding sign ups for my debate tournament. I will be posting the rules shortly and reserve the right to not allow people to enter the tournament if I do not think that they are experienced enough.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:09:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rules. Suggestions would also be appreciated.

1.)
No one will be disqalified for bad conduct. If a debater wishes to spend his time insulting the other debater, it will only hurt them.

2.)
The voting period on all debates must be set to two weeks. If you wish to set the period longer, however the period of voting as pertaining to the tournament will only be two weeks.

3.)
All debaters except for those participating in the specific debate must vote on each debate before the round can end.

If you are unable to vote, simply let me know and I will send a poxy voter to voe accordng to your specifications.

4.)
You may pick your partner after everyone has acepted and I send out the PM of all the debaters. Everyone else will be randomly assigned a partner.

5.)
If both debaters cannot agree on a topic to debate, the first issue which they disagree on their profile will be used.

If they agree on all sissus or have not filled them out, they may both submit a resolution they would be willing to debate to me and I will randomly pick one of them.

6.)
After everyone picks their partners or are assigned them in the first round I will set up a bracket system and from then on all opponents will be pre-assigned for the rest of the debate.

7.)
As far as voting goes, everyone will vote as they would normally. Votebombing will not be tolerated and is one of the only grounds for disqualification.

8.)
The number of rounds in every debate will be a minimum of 3. The maximum would obvously be 5.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:12:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/4/2011 11:11:07 PM, CiRrK wrote:
And is this only for anarchists and communists?

No. This is a different one which I was going to post a week or two ago but couldn't because Maurader's was going on. As of now there is no theme and sign ups are open to anyone.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:15:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Official Sign-up List

1. CirRk
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:18:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have decided to merge my two tournaments. I don't think three at the same time will fare well.

Official Sign-Up List

1. CirRk
2. Bluesteel
3. RoyLatham
4. TheSkeptic
5. vardas0antras
6. Grape
7.
8.

There are two positions left.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:19:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Official Sign-Up List

1. CirRk
2. Bluesteel
3. RoyLatham
4. TheSkeptic
5. vardas0antras
6. Grape
7. socialpinko
8.

I'm probably the worst debater on the list.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:19:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/4/2011 11:18:26 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I have decided to merge my two tournaments. I don't think three at the same time will fare well.

Official Sign-Up List

1. CirRk
2. Bluesteel
3. RoyLatham
4. TheSkeptic
5. vardas0antras
6. Grape
7.
8.

There are two positions left.

Oh these r gonna be legit rounds.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:21:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Official Sign-Up List

1. CirRk
2. Bluesteel
3. RoyLatham
4. TheSkeptic
5. vardas0antras
6. Grape
7. socialpinko
8. hello-orange

Whoever has someone specific in mind to debate say so now. In two days everyone left will be randomly assigned a partner.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:27:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I want Grape. I owe him an AnCap vs. AnCom debate. Sorry CirRk, we'll have to wait until next time.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:28:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/4/2011 11:21:10 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Official Sign-Up List

1. CirRk
2. Bluesteel
3. RoyLatham
4. TheSkeptic
5. vardas0antras
6. Grape
7. socialpinko
8. hello-orange
9.blackvoid
10.headphonegut

Whoever has someone specific in mind to debate say so now. In two days everyone left will be randomly assigned a partner.

the more the merrier?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:30:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/4/2011 11:28:17 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/4/2011 11:21:10 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Official Sign-Up List

1. CirRk
2. Bluesteel
3. RoyLatham
4. TheSkeptic
5. vardas0antras
6. Grape
7. socialpinko
8. hello-orange
9.blackvoid
10.headphonegut

Whoever has someone specific in mind to debate say so now. In two days everyone left will be randomly assigned a partner.

the more the merrier?

I'm doing it tournament style so I would need six more people.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:31:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Unofficial Sign Up List

1. CirRk
2. Bluesteel
3. RoyLatham
4. TheSkeptic
5. vardas0antras
6. Grape
7. socialpinko
8. hello-orange
9.blackvoid
10.headphonegut
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

I'll keep this open for a day or two and if it doesn't fill up I'm staying with the original eight.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:34:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/4/2011 11:31:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Unofficial Sign Up List

1. CirRk
2. Bluesteel
3. RoyLatham
4. TheSkeptic
5. vardas0antras
6. Grape
7. socialpinko
8. hello-orange
9.blackvoid
10.headphonegut
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

I'll keep this open for a day or two and if it doesn't fill up I'm staying with the original eight.

Rawr
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:34:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/4/2011 11:34:09 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/4/2011 11:31:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Unofficial Sign Up List

1. CirRk
2. Bluesteel
3. RoyLatham
4. TheSkeptic
5. vardas0antras
6. Grape
7. socialpinko
8. hello-orange
9.blackvoid
10.headphonegut
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

I'll keep this open for a day or two and if it doesn't fill up I'm staying with the original eight.

Rawr

MEOW!
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:35:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/4/2011 11:30:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/4/2011 11:28:17 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/4/2011 11:21:10 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Official Sign-Up List

1. CirRk
2. Bluesteel
3. RoyLatham
4. TheSkeptic
5. vardas0antras
6. Grape
7. socialpinko
8. hello-orange
9.blackvoid
10.headphonegut

Whoever has someone specific in mind to debate say so now. In two days everyone left will be randomly assigned a partner.

the more the merrier?

I'm doing it tournament style so I would need six more people.

not necessarily it's your tournament. I mean you just need an even number of people I would assume for pair ups no?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:37:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/4/2011 11:34:44 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 5/4/2011 11:34:09 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/4/2011 11:31:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Unofficial Sign Up List

1. CirRk
2. Bluesteel
3. RoyLatham
4. TheSkeptic
5. vardas0antras
6. Grape
7. socialpinko
8. hello-orange
9.blackvoid
10.headphonegut
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

I'll keep this open for a day or two and if it doesn't fill up I'm staying with the original eight.

Rawr

MEOW!

I'm holding out that J.Kenyon or Danielle might join. But there's already some pretty good debaters involved.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:40:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would, but I'm already in Freeman's tournament and I still have another month of school left (yuck!).

If I were you, I would just wait until Freeman's tournament is over. Danielle might be back then, too.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:40:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/4/2011 11:37:52 PM, CiRrK wrote:
Danielle probably wont. Jeff might

I already asked her. She was very adamant about how she didn't care about DDO.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:42:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/4/2011 11:40:45 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
I would, but I'm already in Freeman's tournament and I still have another month of school left (yuck!).

If I were you, I would just wait until Freeman's tournament is over. Danielle might be back then, too.

His tourney is taking way too long. I'm really doing this as a way of testing the waters so that perhaps hosting official debates might be part of askbob's administration.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:42:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/4/2011 11:40:45 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
I would, but I'm already in Freeman's tournament and I still have another month of school left (yuck!).

If I were you, I would just wait until Freeman's tournament is over. Danielle might be back then, too.

That sux. Im done tomorrow. :D
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:45:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've decided to keep it at twelve. Sign ups are over.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:45:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. CirRk
2. Bluesteel
3. RoyLatham
4. TheSkeptic
5. vardas0antras
6. Grape
7. socialpinko
8. hello-orange
9.blackvoid
10.headphonegut

Pick your opponents. I already picked Grape.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 12:00:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Seeing as this is tournament style, whoever wins by the largest margin in the first round will be able to skip the next round.

There will be a total of four rounds. I have it all set up now.

R1- There will be a total of 5 debates.
R2- There will be 2 debates with the winner by the largest margin in the previous round skipping that round.
R3- There will be 1 debate with the winner by the largest margin in the previous round skipping that round to the finals.
R4- One debate between the two debaters who have not lost a debate yet.

Also, scratch the part about picking partners, I've decided to make a seeding system like in the NCAA basketball tournament.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 12:05:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/4/2011 11:45:03 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I've decided to keep it at twelve. Sign ups are over.

You suck.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)