Jump to topic:

Multiple accounts or what

chickenquiff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 7:08:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm new to Debate.org and I accept there is always new people joining.
However, upon debating with a fellow newbie I've come to the realisation that my opponent my have 2 other accounts.
I checked her profile and clicked on her friend. Her "friend" joined within the same hour as her. Also living in the same place and the same age?
On that profile was another friend, She was also the same age and living in the same area.
Am I just being paranoid. Check this debate out and view comments swell.

I don't want there to be biased votes, is there anything I can do?
Thanks
http://www.debate.org...
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 9:27:34 AM
It is a debate on the internet, do not get hung up on it. There is nothing you can do to stop unfair votes and votebombing aside from the general practice of voting as much as possble on other peoples debates and contributing to the site to ensure that the members will vote on yours. There are far more solid members than idjit vote bombers so relax and don't take it too seriously. If you really do think they are a multi then just report it using the feature provided and then forget about it.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:05:50 AM
you may not be able to stop it, but that is no reason to not try to work against it. We'll never stop murder and rape, but we should still always try.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 11:06:59 AM
All of us on askbob's cabinet will be cracking down on multi accounters.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 1:45:51 PM
the situation is so much better than it was. We can see who is doing the voting and they don't even have the ability to vote until they do three debates. Also they can't vote on their own debates.

I will be monitoring your debate and if the other account votes, I will counter it
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 3:35:31 PM
Multi accounters annoy the sh1t out of me.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 3:37:01 PM
At 5/5/2011 3:35:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Multi accounters annoy the sh1t out of me.

depends on what they use the multi-accounts for.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:02:08 PM
The most fail multi-accounter was JustinChains.

He made a second account called Justin_Chains with the same age as his account. He then voted straight 7s for himself and left an RFD that said "Pro argued his position quite well."

LMAO!!!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:09:17 PM
At 5/5/2011 4:02:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

He made a second account called Justin_Chains with the same age as his account. He then voted straight 7s for himself and left an RFD that said "Pro argued his position quite well."

LMAO!!!

he was also a mega douche on the forums.
Open borders debate:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:28:39 PM
At 5/5/2011 4:09:17 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/5/2011 4:02:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

LMAO!!!

he was also a mega douche on the forums.

I don't remember him, when was this and what forums did he frequent in?
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 8:10:35 PM
Why don't they just change the multi point vote system to a one point vote system?

I know it wouldn't take away the problem of multi accounts... But I think it would help with vote bombing.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
chickenquiff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 2:54:14 AM
I agree that there is only little we can do to sop multi accounts. I'm glad you guys can see that if someone is having a multi-account.

I know it may sound small but the votes are very important to me. If I spend some of my time and effort on a debate, for sure I want a fair voting to take place. Otherwise there is no point making the debate if the voting system is flawed.

I'm glad that there is less multi-accounts around now than there was.

To be honest, I really don't know what gain one would get from Multi-accounting. Ok, they have the ability to vote for them selves and could sway a win but they know personally that they lost. Surely for someone to make a multi account would have to be suffering from low self esteem that they need to rig something in order to win.

I know most of the people on here are far more intelligent than me and can argue a better debate than me but that doesn't make me want to multi account in order to win. I debate with much more intelligent people because A)You actually get a good debate B) I am likely to get pwned with intelligence C) Personally, it improves my debate and intellect.
If I was a Amateur Boxer, Id want to be fighting the top guys. I will get knocked down and knocked down some more... but then as I've been fighting the best fighters, I will gain the ability to beat the best fighter. Just like on here, I will lose a lot but one day I will win.

... Obviously of they are not a multi account :)
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 11:32:53 AM
At 5/5/2011 10:05:50 AM, OreEle wrote:
you may not be able to stop it, but that is no reason to not try to work against it. We'll never stop murder and rape, but we should still always try.

I don't think I would put them in the same category. My point is one of cost vs benefit. Quite frankly you can ignore a few nobs and concentrate on quality debate challenges and instigatons and RFD's. Or you can engage in troll warfare, if the troll is persistent then the cost/benefit can be extremely high, unless of course you enjoy troll hunting.
chickenquiff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2011 8:52:38 AM
Take a look at this..... I found a multi account and they denied... but then implied in the comments that they all use the same computer.. She gave lame excuses
take a look