Jump to topic:

voting period

Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 9:29:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would rather this be a number of votes rather than time. I have seen quite a large number of debates end in a tie as no one voted, or they win by a very small number of votes. For example I would rather see the following voting limits :

-5 votes
-10 votes
-25 votes
-50 votes

before a winner is decided rather than a time limit. This would ensure there was no tie on a very lop sided debate (or forfeit) simply due to lack of voting. And it would allow debaters to ask for a more significant decision.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 11:14:26 AM
At 5/5/2011 9:29:45 AM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
I would rather this be a number of votes rather than time. I have seen quite a large number of debates end in a tie as no one voted, or they win by a very small number of votes. For example I would rather see the following voting limits :

-5 votes
-10 votes
-25 votes
-50 votes

before a winner is decided rather than a time limit. This would ensure there was no tie on a very lop sided debate (or forfeit) simply due to lack of voting. And it would allow debaters to ask for a more significant decision.

I agree with this for the most part; the only problem is there are so many silly frivolous debates that really don't deserve any attention let alone my vote.
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 11:30:47 AM
Everyone has their preferences I agree, and there are some debates that are impossible for me to vote on as I am completely ignorant of the subject matter. The pokemon battles for example I could only vote on if it was the little electric chicken guy vs the flying little dragon guy. Other than that it is all gibberish. But no issues, just let those ones drop off and hopefully someone else is interested in them.