Jump to topic:

Askbob

duckiejen23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:36:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I has been brought to my attention that the user by the name of askbob has threatened and harassed users, interfered with voting, and engaged in behavior that is in direct violation with the terms of use as agreed to in debate.org.

While many users on this site enjoy the liveliness of an open forum and relish the drama that endures in various debates, cyber-bullying has never been a problem until askbob has taken it upon himself to "correct" debates. His actions are indicative of a man who obviously has too much time on his hands as evidenced by his forums talks, insults, and band of brotherhood who pull temper tantrums due to losing one debate or another.

While I agree that vote bombing may be an issue on this site, it is the duty of the site administrators to change their policies to mitigate this problem. Askbob's actions as debate police are without authority or merit. Comments associated with each vote directly explain why a person voted the way he or she did. Askbob's objection is to the vote, not the debate, and constitutes improper use the voting schema and a complete lack of respect for anyone who took the time to read the debate and vote accordingly.

Hiding behind a computer with personal attacks against users is unjustified. Posting personal information for the purposes of harassment is simply repugnant. I implore the users of debate.org to band together and bring the actions of askbob to the attention of the site's administrators.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:46:32 AM
At 5/6/2011 12:36:41 AM, duckiejen23 wrote:
I has been brought to my attention

Or it was brought to my attention by several members that you and bobchatman were votebombing each other.

cyber-bullying has never been a problem until askbob

Hiding behind a computer with personal attacks against users is unjustified. Posting personal information for the purposes of harassment is simply repugnant.

I don't see how it's personal if it's on the internet, it's public

http://blog.gneu.org...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:47:35 AM
http://twitter.com...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:48:08 AM
At 5/6/2011 12:36:41 AM, duckiejen23 wrote:
bring the actions of askbob to the attention of the site's administrators.

There is a report comment, report debate, report profile option available to you.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:51:00 AM
I'm a law student trying to juggle my school live with actual "living". ... duckiejen23 is a 27yr-old single woman in Sacramento, California
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:52:15 AM
Hey, has the term "reportbomb" been coined yet? Nay, it sounds silly when you actually say it. But it could be effective.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:00:37 AM
At 5/6/2011 12:58:06 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I concur with Puck. There are plenty of preexisting mechanisms you can use to report him if you find his behavior objectionable.

I'm assuming she knows this. I doubt that is the point of this thread. I could be wrong, I dunno.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:03:29 AM
At 5/6/2011 1:00:37 AM, jharry wrote:
I concur with Puck. There are plenty of preexisting mechanisms you can use to report him if you find his behavior objectionable.

I'm assuming she knows this. I doubt that is the point of this thread. I could be wrong, I dunno.

She's trying to rally people to the cause. If enough people were really bothered, though, it's likely they would have taken advantage of the clearly-placed mechanisms already.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:04:40 AM
Have the new owners made a call on RFDs like

"I'm not voting on the merits of the debate, the person I'm voting against won but I personally believe they were votebombing"

I would love to hear the ruling on that one. That could make this a whole new ball game.
duckiejen23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:04:45 AM
The rationale behind this thread is to ask if other users have found askbob's tantics repugnant to the mission of this site.

I am aware of reporting mechanisms and have used a few already.

Thanks guys!
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:06:17 AM
At 5/6/2011 1:04:45 AM, duckiejen23 wrote:
The rationale behind this thread is to ask if other users have found askbob's tantics repugnant to the mission of this site.

I personally find votebombing repugnant to the mission of this site, i suggest you stop doing it, and then I won't be forced to negate it.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:09:49 AM
At 5/6/2011 1:03:29 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

She's trying to rally people to the cause. If enough people were really bothered, though, it's likely they would have taken advantage of the clearly-placed mechanisms already.

Well you have to admit it has not been so out in the open until now. There have been several threads on the topic in the last few days. Maybe someone might start a pm crusade to gather votes, I mean reports, it's probably been done in the past.:)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:10:31 AM
At 5/6/2011 1:09:49 AM, jharry wrote:

Well you have to admit it has not been so out in the open until now. There have been several threads on the topic in the last few days. Maybe someone might start a pm crusade to gather votes, I mean reports, it's probably been done in the past.:)
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:13:13 AM

I find you repugnant duckiejen I find you repugnant.
does it really bother you that much?

I am aware of reporting mechanisms and have used a few already.

Thanks guys!

http://www.sadanduseless.com...
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:14:01 AM
At 5/6/2011 1:09:49 AM, jharry wrote:

Might start a PM crusade? I think you might want to speak in the past tense, chap. At least, that's what my instincts are telling me at the moment. I only feel bad insofar as I realize how unfruitful such an endeavor would be.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:14:24 AM
At 5/6/2011 12:51:00 AM, askbob wrote:
I'm a law student trying to juggle my school live with actual "living". ... duckiejen23 is a 27yr-old single woman in Sacramento, California

Lol, U mad brah?
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:14:59 AM

Generally, no. Askbob doesn't randomly target innocent people, he takes care of the people who ruin the site through votebombing, spamming, and multi-accounting. Do I always agree with his methods? No, but I'll take him over people like you any day.

Id just like to add that joshandr30, er, I mean jharry, given his history on this site, is really in no position to be critical of anybody.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:15:14 AM
At 5/6/2011 1:14:24 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/6/2011 12:51:00 AM, askbob wrote:

Lol, U mad brah?

mad as in insanely laughing while smoking a pipe
Bob_Gneu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:16:07 AM
At 5/6/2011 1:06:17 AM, askbob wrote:
I personally find votebombing repugnant to the mission of this site, i suggest you stop doing it, and then I won't be forced to negate it.

Are you saying that because two people are friends they are not allowed to vote for each others debates? You countered one of my "vote bombs" which was not at all 7 and posted on a debate that was clearly all to one side, and i justified it as much in the comments, as well as the response when i posted my vote.

You are not bothering to actually read the context of the vote for what constitutes its reasons and choosing to instead just go hyperbolic. The real repugnant aspect is that you think that you are achieving something positive with this ridiculous campaign of vote bombing what you and a select few others deem vote bombers. If you would read the debates and the responses you would see the justification for any vote that was cast.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:17:15 AM
At 5/6/2011 1:16:07 AM, Bob_Gneu wrote:

Are you saying that because two people are friends they are not allowed to vote for each others debates?

Have you ever voted one point against duckiejen? Remember we can see when you change your vote.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:17:39 AM
has duckiejen ever voted one point against you?
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:19:39 AM
At 5/6/2011 1:16:07 AM, Bob_Gneu wrote:

Are you saying that because two people are friends they are not allowed to vote for each others debates? You countered one of my "vote bombs" which was not at all 7 and posted on a debate that was clearly all to one side, and i justified it as much in the comments, as well as the response when i posted my vote.

You are not bothering to actually read the context of the vote for what constitutes its reasons and choosing to instead just go hyperbolic. The real repugnant aspect is that you think that you are achieving something positive with this ridiculous campaign of vote bombing what you and a select few others deem vote bombers. If you would read the debates and the responses you would see the justification for any vote that was cast.

ugh
rawr

http://mstabile.blogspot.com...
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
duckiejen23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:19:49 AM
Vote-bombing is not the topic for this forum. Reading your other forums, you seem to be taking that topic without any help from me. Your harassment, on the other hand, is the topic for this forum.

I understand your qualms with vote-bombing. But how does googleing duckiejen23 and implying that the user is me help negate vote-bombing? Are these tactics meant to scare me?
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:20:30 AM
At 5/6/2011 1:14:59 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:

Generally, no. Askbob doesn't randomly target innocent people, he takes care of the people who ruin the site through votebombing, spamming, and multi-accounting. Do I always agree with his methods? No, but I'll take him over people like you any day.

Id just like to add that joshandr30, er, I mean jharry, given his history on this site, is really in no position to be critical of anybody.

Critical? Lol, relax son.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:21:10 AM
At 5/6/2011 1:18:19 AM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
Askbob is going to eventually start allowing waterboarding to unearth votebombing and alternate accounts...

lol at the word "unearth"

http://www.weddings.co.nz...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:22:04 AM
At 5/6/2011 1:19:49 AM, duckiejen23 wrote:
Vote-bombing is not the topic for this forum.

Oh isn't it?

Are these tactics meant to scare me?

Do they scare you?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:22:32 AM
Yeah, askbob is a dick. Yes, people get freaked out by it.

Seriously, how big of a poosie do you have to be to be freaked out by someone calling your house and threatening to explore your French spots?

His antics are very entertaining.

Apparently enough to where he's probably going to win the election.. Unless of course people wise up and vote for me, as I sweat awesome and sh!t cobras.

You don't fvck with a guy who shits cobras.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:23:27 AM
Lmao! Is there a new anti askbob campaign going on now or something?
I often don't agree with the way askbob "does things" but he still solves problems.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)