Jump to topic:

another idea for fighting vote-bombing

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 9:46:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
when you have a debate that many people voted on in a many that you would call 'votebombing' here is a new radical way to fight against it......

step 1) go through votes and on a sheet of paper write down all the voters you felt did not vote bomb your debate (proceeds to step 2 if you do this, if you find you cannot because there are no voters who qualify, proceed to step 3-b)

step 2) tally up the score from just those voters you put on that sheet of paper

step 3-a) finished, you now know what your non-vote bombed score is, and you now know the evaluation of the readers who's view you respect enough to critique you.

step 3-b) should you find your sheet of paper is blank because there were no voters you deemed had not votebomed your debate out of their bias for the subject, perhaps you could consider its not honestly not the voters in this situation and you are in denial of some kind, that you really did do bad enough to get the vote you got. ;)
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 9:49:10 PM
that last step was meant as more humorous than serious, I understand lack of voter participation makes it easily possible to get a blank sheet of paper without being in denial.

but if you were in denial, your sheet would likely be blank.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 9:51:28 PM
At 5/6/2011 9:46:35 PM, Marauder wrote:
when you have a debate that many people voted on in a many that you would call 'votebombing' here is a new radical way to fight against it......

step 1) go through votes and on a sheet of paper write down all the voters you felt did not vote bomb your debate (proceeds to step 2 if you do this, if you find you cannot because there are no voters who qualify, proceed to step 3-b)

step 2) tally up the score from just those voters you put on that sheet of paper

step 3-a) finished, you now know what your non-vote bombed score is, and you now know the evaluation of the readers who's view you respect enough to critique you.

step 3-b) should you find your sheet of paper is blank because there were no voters you deemed had not votebomed your debate out of their bias for the subject, perhaps you could consider its not honestly not the voters in this situation and you are in denial of some kind, that you really did do bad enough to get the vote you got. ;)

lmao.

step 4: adjust your self esteem accordingly.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 11:34:23 PM
At 5/6/2011 9:50:15 PM, Koopin wrote:
Marauder, this is embarrassing to say but... but... I THINK I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR MOTHER!

I just wonder what this could possibly mean.....

A Scout is Obedient.