Ban him, delete his debates

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 9:51:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.debate.org...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 9:52:44 AM
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 9:54:38 AM
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 9:56:05 AM
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 9:56:49 AM
[See: Debates]
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 9:59:27 AM
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 10:00:16 AM
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 10:03:55 AM
At 5/9/2011 9:56:49 AM, askbob wrote:
[See: Debates]

Again, what evidence?

Kirke32 is over 1 year old.
white chapel is just in 1 debate and is likely just a newb that is going to forfiet that debate and never come back.
liljohnny has plenty of debates, not all that great, but some have actually finished.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 10:08:32 AM
some of them are SRW multi-accounts, some just spam debates. All need deleted. The banning is up to the mod based on an IP scan
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 11:25:37 AM
askbob, if you have a moderation issue, just use the moderation feature, that is what it is there for. If you have a problem with the moderation then bring it to the site owners attention. The public forums are not a place for you to make accusations against other members, especially when some of them are debates that you feel do not meet your standards for debates.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 3:34:54 PM
At 5/9/2011 11:25:37 AM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
askbob, if you have a moderation issue, just use the moderation feature, that is what it is there for. If you have a problem with the moderation then bring it to the site owners attention. The public forums are not a place for you to make accusations against other members, especially when some of them are debates that you feel do not meet your standards for debates.

Go crawl in a hole in die cliffstamp
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 3:57:42 PM
At 5/9/2011 3:34:54 PM, askbob wrote:

Don't hate on the cliffster.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 4:53:24 PM
At 5/9/2011 3:34:54 PM, askbob wrote:

Is that the way you want your future president to treat members, including yourself? If not, vote for the party party.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 5:23:34 PM
I don't see why these people are getting accused of multi accounting. For all the trouble it causes to accuse these people, is it really needed? Are they hurting anybody with these debates?

I will admit some of the debates are not very good... But it is gonna happen. Not everyone on this site is an awesome debater. Some people probably just join and don't really know what it's about or just aren't very good at it, such people will inevitable leave a trail of low quality material behind them.

This is just my opinion though...

I hope everyone had a bada$$ weekend!
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 5:33:01 PM
Go crawl in a hole in die cliffstamp This is not the kind of president that this place needs.....
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:00:17 PM
The debates are simply spam which allows members to artificially boost their win ratios. Look through them yourselves before posting something retarded (i.e. lovelife and cliff)

I'm sick of all this bullcrap of "use the reporting feature"

It doesn't work, the moderators apparently only read these forums.

The whole "Third Party Moderation" is mainly a facade. Also this isn't "technically" against the TOS, and I don't think people should be banned for it, just have it countered by deleting the offending debates. I'm merely saying (in the title) that an IP scan should also be done, as the last two seem to have a connection to SRW and some of the others to MonsierChen. Whether both were noob sniping or w/e, there's reason to do an IP scan.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:03:08 PM
Also the president DDO needs is someone who is going to be upfront and actually do things on this site instead of cater to this garbage that is invading and degrading our site. How do you think intelligent members earnestly looking for good debaters feel when these noobs accept their debate and then forfeit out of the debate? They'll leave.

When new HS debaters view debates and the majority are like the ones you see with a few sentences per argument, they'll flee.

Don't support someone who is attempting to be the personification of Barney.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:06:44 PM

Clearly multi's

ban both remove debates
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:07:04 PM
The public forums are not a place for you to make accusations against other members, especially when some of them are debates that you feel do not meet your standards for debates.

Aren't your comments themselves accusations against Bob (accusation of wrongful conduct), as such you now have to rebuke yourself for using a public forum to make an accusation ?

Why does Chewbacca live with little midget ewoks, It doesn't make sense............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:07:28 PM
At 5/9/2011 6:03:08 PM, askbob wrote:
Also the president DDO needs is someone who is going to be upfront and actually do things on this site instead of cater to this garbage that is invading and degrading our site. How do you think intelligent members earnestly looking for good debaters feel when these noobs accept their debate and then forfeit out of the debate? They'll leave.

When new HS debaters view debates and the majority are like the ones you see with a few sentences per argument, they'll flee.

The president of DDO shouldn't be a troll. Your vigilante moderation is really annoying. Who cares whether some people debate themselves? Are they really going to achieve a high percentile that way? Who cares if they do spam debates, as long as nobody is annoyed (most of them are forfeited however) nobody cares. Multiaccounters, votebombers, and the like are not the enemies of the site. Its 'righteous' vigilantes like you who alienate new members by imposing martial law on the forums and debates.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:09:16 PM
Plus these debates are so out of the way that bringing them to attention is almost as bad as creating them. He's debating himself in the corner of the room. So what? He's giving himself satisfaction of winning. Woop de fricken doo.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:09:48 PM
At 5/9/2011 6:07:28 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

The president of DDO shouldn't be a troll. Your vigilante moderation is really annoying. Who cares whether some people debate themselves? Are they really going to achieve a high percentile that way? Who cares if they do spam debates, as long as nobody is annoyed (most of them are forfeited however) nobody cares. Multiaccounters, votebombers, and the like are not the enemies of the site.

Your apathetic uselessness is beyond words. The above post is a great reason for not voting the party party or whatever they're calling themselves
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:11:00 PM
At 5/9/2011 6:07:04 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Aren't your comments themselves accusations against Bob (accusation of wrongful conduct), as such you now have to rebuke yourself for using a public forum to make an accusation ?

Yes and no, care to debate it?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:11:11 PM
At 5/9/2011 6:09:16 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Plus these debates are so out of the way that bringing them to attention is almost as bad as creating them. He's debating himself in the corner of the room. So what? He's giving himself satisfaction of winning. Woop de fricken doo.

Yes why should we care about the general integrity of debates, when someone is browsing debates, who cares if they only see 1 legitimate one out of 30. Who cares when we're browsing the forums if their is only one legit topic per forum on he front page. Who cares if google search results returns a plethora of spam for the site. Your idiocy is astounding.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:11:51 PM
At 5/9/2011 6:09:48 PM, askbob wrote:
At 5/9/2011 6:07:28 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

The president of DDO shouldn't be a troll. Your vigilante moderation is really annoying. Who cares whether some people debate themselves? Are they really going to achieve a high percentile that way? Who cares if they do spam debates, as long as nobody is annoyed (most of them are forfeited however) nobody cares. Multiaccounters, votebombers, and the like are not the enemies of the site.

Your apathetic uselessness is beyond words. The above post is a great reason for not voting the party party or whatever they're calling themselves

You're the one who goes out onto a limb to catch people doing crap nobody cares about except you. Plus you have not answered why you care about these debates and people. These idiots leave within a few days or weeks so their debates will be in forgotten corners of the site only people like you will visit.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:11:52 PM
At 5/9/2011 6:11:00 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:

He'll have to consult his non-existent Canadian legal team LMFAO
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:12:58 PM
At 5/9/2011 6:11:00 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:

Explain what you mean by your answer yes and no, and I will consider it.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:17:04 PM
At 5/9/2011 6:12:58 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Explain what you mean by your answer yes and no, and I will consider it.

Yes to the first part, no to the second.