The Party Party Endorses Innomen's Party

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 10:54:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
*This statement has been approved by Innomen*

In a recent turn of events it has become clear to the Party Party that winning the election is out of the question. We would like to inform you that our ideals for this site are most closely embodied in Innomen's party. The Party Party FULLY SUPPORRTS Innomen in the upcoming election. Because of our full support for Innomen and his policies, we ask that all Party Party Voters vote for Innomen. As a party we are staying technically independent, but all votes that would go to us in the future should all go to Innomen. So basically, voting for The Party Part is voting for our more respectable, formal, and popular counterpart.

The Party Party will still be functional after the election as a wing of innomen's government. We will deal with all our proposals we made as usual. But for this to happen we need Innomen to win.

Help us stop askbob-vote innomen.

It has also come to our attention the new voting requirements. The rules require at least 100 posts and three debates completed (though askbob wanted rules more strict to basically make the voting only open for DDO veterans). If you are new to the site and would like to vote but don't meet the requirements here is what you can do.

1. If you don't meet the post requirement, there is a thread in the Miscellaneous section of the forums called "Record Attempt At Most Posts" It is basically a spam thread so meet your requirement there.

2. If you are not meeting the debate requirement you can challenge myself, or any other Party Party or Independent (innomen) party member. We will accept the challenge to get you up to the requirements.

While there is justification for these rules, we will make sure that the members we do help to vote will not be vote spammers (in the elections). If a vote-spammer completes three debates and posts 100 times, he isn't much of a spammer now is he?

DDO is a party, and everyone should be invited.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 11:29:43 AM
The biggest issue raised in this election is legitimacy in debates. Askbob's policies address this directly from the top-down: adding more rules, constricting activities, policing members. Innomen provides a bottom-up approach: making the site more attractive to new members who bring differing ideologies.

The only (and I mean only) way of making these debates legitimate is to increase diversity. There's no amount of rules and restrictions that can make a communist vote for a capitalist in a debate, or vice-versa. The only hope we have of succeeding is to bring in new members at the fastest rate possible and keep things fresh and new. Old members are leaving because they are bored. Not because there aren't enough rules for them to follow.
kfc
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 11:39:18 AM
A vote for anyone other than Cosmic Alfonzo is a vote for con-men, cheaters, and FASCISM.

A vote for Cosmic Alfonzo is a vote for good old anarchy. No restrictions, none of this rule BS.

Write me in, as there is clearly a conspiracy by those running the ballot to blot my name out. They don't WANT you to vote for me.

If I am elected, a massive keg will be crane lifted over to the Presidential Love Shack, and there will be a huge swinging party. Everyone is invited.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 12:08:27 PM
At 5/15/2011 11:29:43 AM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
The biggest issue raised in this election is legitimacy in debates. Askbob's policies address this directly from the top-down: adding more rules, constricting activities, policing members. Innomen provides a bottom-up approach: making the site more attractive to new members who bring differing ideologies.

The only (and I mean only) way of making these debates legitimate is to increase diversity. There's no amount of rules and restrictions that can make a communist vote for a capitalist in a debate, or vice-versa. The only hope we have of succeeding is to bring in new members at the fastest rate possible and keep things fresh and new. Old members are leaving because they are bored. Not because there aren't enough rules for them to follow.

Rob, diversity on this site is my number one concern, and always has been. I came from YickYak which is a dead site because they chase away anyone with a different philosophy or personality. I am looking at this not just from the bottom up, as you describe, but also within systemic solution. I have said since i got here, the death knell of any debate site is homgeneity.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 12:10:45 PM
The posting requirement and the number of debates were a requirement when the election was announced, not just at any random time. The purpose was to prevent people from recruiting non-active members of the site into voting for purposes of the election. Spamming will not help you achieve victory.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 12:17:00 PM
Also 3 debates or 200 posts does not make you by any means a "veteran" of this site, it makes you an active member.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 9:22:42 PM
At 5/15/2011 12:17:00 PM, askbob wrote:
Also 3 debates or 200 posts does not make you by any means a "veteran" of this site, it makes you an active member.

Can you read? I said any tighter restrictions would require only vets. I also said there was reason for restriction, but that there are new members who are active who havent reached those requirements.
Phoenix_Reaper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 9:57:07 PM
At 5/15/2011 9:22:42 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

Can you read? I said any tighter restrictions would require only vets. I also said there was reason for restriction, but that there are new members who are active who havent reached those requirements.

Children less hostility.
Phoenix Reaper - To rise from the ashes of defeat and claim your soul.

: At 3/15/2011 4:23:07 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
: Taste is for pussïes. Be a nihilist. Drink vodka.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 9:57:24 PM

Can you read?
I think that question is far more pertinent to someone of your intelligence.

I said any tighter restrictions would require only vets. I also said there was reason for restriction, but that there are new members who are active who havent reached those requirements.

How can you classify them as active if they hadn't reached 200 posts or done 3 debates?
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 10:14:40 PM
At 5/15/2011 9:57:24 PM, askbob wrote:

Can you read?

I said any tighter restrictions would require only vets. I also said there was reason for restriction, but that there are new members who are active who havent reached those requirements.

How can you classify them as active if they hadn't reached 200 posts or done 3 debates?

I dunno, if you reach 200 posts you have been pretty active. And he has 12 debates. I would call that active.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 11:38:27 PM

Can you read?

That's kinda dumb. If Danielle left for 5 years, and came back suddenly to vote on an election, would you still consider that active?

Active can't be measured in arbitrary numbers. Clearly someone that makes the only notable post they make a vote for someone, is not active, but some of the louder more active new members, are obviously active, although they don't meet those requirements. You oporate on false assumptions, like feeding trolls is helping this site.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 11:39:58 PM
At 5/15/2011 11:38:27 PM, lovelife wrote:

Can you read?

That's kinda dumb. If Danielle left for 5 years, and came back suddenly to vote on an election, would you still consider that active?

If you want to make a proposal for restricting members who have become inactive then be my guest.

Active can't be measured in arbitrary numbers.

Yes it can
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 11:44:19 PM
At 5/15/2011 11:39:58 PM, askbob wrote:
At 5/15/2011 11:38:27 PM, lovelife wrote:

Can you read?

If you want to make a proposal for restricting members who have become inactive then be my guest.

Active can't be measured in arbitrary numbers.

Yes it can

what I'm saying is your system means little, if anything at all. It doesn't show whose actually active, give me someone whose made one, well thought out post everyday for 60 days, and did one well argued debate, over someone who spams up 300 posts ina day and does debates on the best sock color every day. it would be pretty easy to get past the system if you didn't have to put any substance into the posts. I would hope most people would be able to aknowledge what is active/inactive without resorting to numbers.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 11:48:32 PM
At 5/15/2011 11:44:19 PM, lovelife wrote:
it would be pretty easy to get past the system if you didn't have to put any substance into the posts.

It would have been pretty easy if the rule didn't go into affect when it was made. When the arbitrary numbers were made, that was when you had to have the number of debates or posts so before the rule, there was no reason to create fake debates or posts because the rule didn't exist. After the rule was created there is still no reason to get around it because it applies at the time it was created.

If you didn't have 200 posts or 3 debates at the time of the rules creation, then you can't vote. Period.