Jump to topic:

DDO Party Platform

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 2:18:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Objective: Recruit and retain the best debaters and contributors to the DDO community, and in that, promote a community of excellence in intellect, creativity, integrity, and humor. Protect and promote the individual integrity of divergent thought and character among our members.

- Develop relationships with other debate sites and revive the inter-site debates.

- Work closely with OreEle in recognizing the trends of DDO, and addressing the direction this site may be taking.

- Nurture new members with a designated individual or individuals whose mission would be working with the best of the newbs and recognizing the obvious trolls before they hit the site.

- Work directly and closely with the site owners in developing our best options in the site's functionality and media promotion.

- Protect the site from spammers, vote bombers, and those whose goal it is to frustrate members looking to honestly debate. A specific and objective process of warning and banning would be implemented in cooperation with the site owners.

- Tiered debate tournaments will be established as a set feature and they will be based on expertise. I will work with the site owners in featuring these as part of the site's home page.

- A proposed revision of the TOS that would not only protect the members, but also the debates.

- I would work directly with the owners of this site and develop a relationship that is receptive to the concerns of all DDO members, and be a direct conduit to the owners for DDO.

One of the most difficult and most important goals of my administration is the retention of our best debaters and site contributors. A challenge to DDO is the drain of talent and excellence from our debates and forums. This is something that I would like to accomplish by codifying their relevance to the site, and even give them a greater voice to the direction of the site. Such members would be given an advisory role, and perhaps form a committee of continuity.

By that same token, those members who are new and have demonstrated their ability of meeting our expectations may be on an advisory committee as well. These members will be handpicked and will further promote our ideals, and sense of community.

Another rather obvious problem with DDO is the lack of intellectual, political, and philosophical diversity. Those members who hold such divergent views are the life blood of DDO, although this fact is lost on most. How we maintain and recognize the strong benefit of variance in thought and expression is of critical import to me and those who support me. I stated on this site repeatedly and for a long time that homogeneity is the death knell of a debate site. My proposal is to nurture all promising new members and encourage them regardless of their political stance or personality as long as they carry the integrity that this site requires in voting and debating. We will have a set group of people that will understand it is part of their role to help along new members and to encourage their opinions and independent thought.

My VP Popculturepooka, myself and others who value and understand the necessity of divergent thought will make this particular issue a priority throughout the tenure of my administration, and hopefully beyond. Ultimately it is my goal to establish within our culture, a community that is welcoming and even seeks out those who are able to adeptly discuss and defend their point of view no matter that point of view or the character that carries it.

-innomen
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 2:54:32 PM
The funny thing is, all of this is going to happen anyway under my administration, without any effort from myself.

If these people really cared about DDO, they'd do it without just using it as a means to get votes.

Vote Cosmic Alfonzo, the only honest politician on DDO.

Also, I heard from an informant who wishes to remain anonymous and might possibly be reliable that Innoman was caught exchanging mysterious papers for a wad of cash from a bearded middle-eastern man who may or may not be related to the terrorist organization known as al-Qaeda.

Are you willing to take the chance, voters?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 2:54:48 PM
At 5/15/2011 2:48:07 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
This sounds like a good platform.

There is an election going on?

Yes there is. Welcome.
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 3:50:21 PM
You've my vote, innomen!
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 4:17:08 PM
A completely vague platform that means little to nothing. The only real policy among the midst of flowery text is:

- Develop relationships with other debate sites and revive the inter-site debates. (AKA do advertising on rival debate site to suck members onto this site) - I completely agree with this and have started making profiles.

- Tiered debate tournaments will be established as a set feature and they will be based on expertise - A tournament feature is also an excellent implementation.

- A proposed revision of the TOS - Agree with this as well, Juggle said they would do this on day one but then suddenly stopped talking about it.

I also wonder why you have left a few other important points that Cliff.Stamp brought up which would greatly improve the site. Namely, the ELO rating system would take strides towards fixing some of the problem.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 4:34:02 PM
- Tiered debate tournaments will be established as a set feature and they will be based on expertise. I will work with the site owners in featuring these as part of the site's home page.

I'm really liking this proposal. It seems that it would be more construcivte then searching out individual debates to report. It would encourage a member to perform instead of simply debate. Actually it kills two birds with one stone. It limits the exposure of spam debates and makes the good debates the focus of the site. Great job innomen, constructive instead if destructive.

- A proposed revision of the TOS that would not only protect the members, but also the debates.

This is needed. Since the current administration prefers to work in the shadows no one really knows why certain changes weren't made.

- I would work directly with the owners of this site and develop a relationship that is receptive to the concerns of all DDO members, and be a direct conduit to the owners for DDO.

That seems to be a better path then having to work through a third party. I couldn't imagine electing a president that couldn't restrain himself enough to keep an open line of communication with the owners of this site. This site needs a humble leader that can represent all the members of this site.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 4:54:06 PM
At 5/15/2011 4:42:46 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
The DDO party is an incredible name. Props to whomever came up with it.

hahaha i wonder who that could be thad?
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 4:56:11 PM
At 5/15/2011 4:54:06 PM, askbob wrote:
At 5/15/2011 4:42:46 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
The DDO party is an incredible name. Props to whomever came up with it.

hahaha i wonder who that could be thad?

I have no idea, but I bet he is really good looking.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 7:04:12 PM
At 5/15/2011 2:54:32 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The funny thing is, all of this is going to happen anyway under my administration, without any effort from myself.

Also, I heard from an informant who wishes to remain anonymous and might possibly be reliable that Innoman was caught exchanging mysterious papers for a wad of cash from a bearded middle-eastern man who may or may not be related to the terrorist organization known as al-Qaeda.

Urgent message to all DDO members.

Innomen was involved in a double cross deep under cover espionage assignment for the CIA.

He was valiantly in pursuit of a suspected Al-Qaeda operative who had taken up residence at DDO.

There is a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 dollar reward for his death. We don't want him alive.

http://i55.tinypic.com...
Phoenix_Reaper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 7:34:33 PM
Thus far very good opening. Though a question-air by OreEle would be my deciding factor.
Phoenix Reaper - To rise from the ashes of defeat and claim your soul.

: At 3/15/2011 4:23:07 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
: Taste is for pussïes. Be a nihilist. Drink vodka.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 7:36:27 PM
At 5/15/2011 7:04:12 PM, jharry wrote:
At 5/15/2011 2:54:32 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Urgent message to all DDO members.

Innomen was involved in a double cross deep under cover espionage assignment for the CIA.

He was valiantly in pursuit of a suspected Al-Qaeda operative who had taken up residence at DDO.

There is a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 dollar reward for his death. We don't want him alive.

http://i55.tinypic.com...

lmao
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 7:56:29 PM
At 5/15/2011 7:42:59 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
So, what do you bring to the table that askbob doesn't? And what does he offer that you either A) don't offer, or B) disagree with?

I don't think innomen is on right now, probably in the morning.

But you seriously can't see the differences?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 7:59:32 PM
At 5/15/2011 7:56:29 PM, jharry wrote:
So, what do you bring to the table that askbob doesn't? And what does he offer that you either A) don't offer, or B) disagree with?

I want to hear it from him. :P
Phoenix_Reaper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 9:09:27 PM
At 5/15/2011 7:59:32 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 5/15/2011 7:56:29 PM, jharry wrote:

I want to hear it from him. :P

You may read a nice written response in comparison.
Phoenix Reaper - To rise from the ashes of defeat and claim your soul.

: At 3/15/2011 4:23:07 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
: Taste is for pussïes. Be a nihilist. Drink vodka.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 9:43:35 AM

What do i bring to the table?

There are a couple major differences between the two of us which would impact the overall performance of the presidency. Effectiveness and Tone are probably the obvious differences between us. In the area of effectiveness, I don't deny that Askbob has some great ideas for this site, and I would like to ask for his help in implementing them should I be elected. However, many of them would require the cooperation of Juggle. For the last 24 years I have worked in client relations, and now I am specifically tasked with building working relationships with C-Level members of major corporate entities. At the moment I am coordinating an implementation of a third party punch out ordering platform for the state universities of New Hampshire. These experiences and skills that I have acquired over the years have provided me the necessary tools in building a direct working relationship with Juggle in implementing the changes we seek, and have an interaction with Juggle where they will be responsive to our concerns. My opponent and I differ in this respect. I question his ability in establishing a working relationship with Juggle in his presidency, and believe he will be frustrated in trying to implement the excellent ideas that he has.

There is little need to point out the difference in tone of who we are, but Rob did point out that I have a certain bottom up approach versus Askbob's top down approach. I suppose that's a fairly accurate assessment of our strategy for the site. It has been my experience that nurturing those who are willing to participate constructively will yield greater benefit than castigating those who don't fit the mold. I have in my life mentored, trained and generally helped along people who are looking to improve themselves and be of greater worth to themselves and others.

Lastly I would point to my experience with a site that I was very much involved with before I became active on DDO, and has been suffering a long staggering death. Along the way I knew the symptoms and causes that were killing that site and tried to work with those involved to make some changes, but I was frustrated by an individual who was committed to a site that would make him most comfortable. It is first and foremost my dedication to a site that will value and respect divergent thought and personality that I bring to the table. I have been saying this for many many months as we slide toward a site dominated by a single ideology.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 3:08:12 PM
While previously supporting askbob, I think I will be supporting innomen now.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 3:14:51 PM
OreEle will be handling the interactions with the mod for my party.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 3:21:08 PM
At 5/16/2011 3:14:51 PM, askbob wrote:

What hapens if OreEle leaves the site for some reason?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 3:30:48 PM
At 5/16/2011 3:21:08 PM, jharry wrote:

What happens if OreEle leaves the site for some reason?

Then I'll select the next competent person probably cliffstamp or innomen
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 3:31:22 PM
PoeJoe also is another candidate depending on his available time and willingness
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 3:35:56 PM
FYI, when asked about this back in April (the 25th). I said, "As of now, I can't accept anything until after the elections are over. If you wish to find someone else, I understand."

To which another member in the PM said, "Personalyl OreEle I think your role as a neutral ovetrseer of the elections is pretty invaluable. Maybe you should keep that role and forego political allegiance?"

And I followed with, "I likely am. Though really, once the election is over, I pretty much focus on admin relations anyway, regardless of the party."
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 3:37:32 PM
At 5/16/2011 3:35:56 PM, OreEle wrote:
FYI, when asked about this back in April (the 25th). I said, "As of now, I can't accept anything until after the elections are over. If you wish to find someone else, I understand."

To which another member in the PM said, "Personalyl OreEle I think your role as a neutral ovetrseer of the elections is pretty invaluable. Maybe you should keep that role and forego political allegiance?"

And I followed with, "I likely am. Though really, once the election is over, I pretty much focus on admin relations anyway, regardless of the party."

Was just about to clarify the same thing. OreEle is not part of the party, and I agree it's best to have him be a neutral overseer. After the elections I'll be using him to interface with the mod. He will be recognized by my party for his efforts but will not be officially part of the party.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 3:42:18 PM

No such intermediary would be necessary with me. I have already reached out to Julia and have Eric Castelli on my Gmail instant message.

I am extremely experienced in working in such situations directly with all parties involved.