Jump to topic:

Rivalslb Party taking power

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:26:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Seriously though, ever notice who has actually done things to improve this site? Me and tvellalott. I honestly don't really even care about the election anymore, as the past presidents have actually done nothing while I've done boatloads of work for the betterment of the site.

Who's started beginner games and followed through with modding 12 games and engaged new members?
Me

Who archived the mafia games so that past moderators could use them and the roles to improve their games and then when an idiot didn't pay the server fee's rearchived the first 4 and is working on the rest?

Me

Who setup the entire fans site and added all functionality that was lacking on this site?
Me and TV

Who's started several forums announcing bugs in this site and pushing for the moderators to do something about it?
Roy

Who coded a lot of the member pages on the last fans site and made hilarious pictures for them?
Panda

Not innomen, not anyone in his party, ever. When it comes down to it we really don't even need the election. The only reason I was doing it was to gauge members approval on my policy, but instead it's turned into some popularity contest with no policy being offered as an alternative and no real differences or complaints with my policy. So since that's the issue, I'm going to start moving forward and enacting my policy.

If anyone has a real issue with any of the policy, votes can be had to determine how to proceed.

So this thread is to announce that my party is taking power regardless of the results of the election. It will recognize those who actually do something and not those who just say they will do something.

I didn't ask people to join my party.

I didn't choose them because they were the most popular people on the site.

I chose them because I believe they will be the most effective at accomplishing my policy.

If you want to do something to better the site and prefer one committee over another PM me with what you want to do. The goals are clearly outlined.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:28:11 PM
At 5/16/2011 5:26:50 PM, Koopin wrote:
You wanna drop out of the elections?

The members of this site can choose to recognize whatever party they wish. As my party exists, it will still be an option for recognition.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:28:36 PM
At 5/16/2011 5:26:00 PM, askbob wrote:
Seriously though, ever notice who has actually done things to improve this site? Me and tvellalott. I honestly don't really even care about the election anymore, as the past presidents have actually done nothing while I've done boatloads of work for the betterment of the site.

Who's started beginner games and followed through with modding 12 games and engaged new members?
Me

Who archived the mafia games so that past moderators could use them and the roles to improve their games and then when an idiot didn't pay the server fee's rearchived the first 4 and is working on the rest?

Me

Who setup the entire fans site and added all functionality that was lacking on this site?
Me and TV

Who's started several forums announcing bugs in this site and pushing for the moderators to do something about it?
Roy

Who coded a lot of the member pages on the last fans site and made hilarious pictures for them?
Panda

Not innomen, not anyone in his party, ever. When it comes down to it we really don't even need the election. The only reason I was doing it was to gauge members approval on my policy, but instead it's turned into some popularity contest with no policy being offered as an alternative and no real differences or complaints with my policy. So since that's the issue, I'm going to start moving forward and enacting my policy.

If anyone has a real issue with any of the policy, votes can be had to determine how to proceed.

So this thread is to announce that my party is taking power regardless of the results of the election. It will recognize those who actually do something and not those who just say they will do something.

I chose them because I believe they will be the most effective at accomplishing my policy.

If you want to do something to better the site and prefer one committee over another PM me with what you want to do. The goals are clearly outlined.

Yeah, I think you may have missed the point of the elections.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:29:35 PM
At 5/16/2011 5:28:36 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

Yeah, I think you may have missed the point of the elections.

This happens every time. But I wasn't expecting it from askbob.
kfc
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:30:19 PM
Me and tvellalott.
I've done boatloads of work
Me
Me
Me and TV
That's the past not the future...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:31:27 PM
Sounds like a fun coup. However, this option, to work independently has always been available. The purpose of the elections is that Juggle is pay MORE attention to the elected leaders, thus allowing for greater changes.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:32:11 PM
At 5/16/2011 5:31:27 PM, OreEle wrote:
Sounds like a fun coup. However, this option, to work independently has always been available. The purpose of the elections is that Juggle is pay MORE attention to the elected leaders, thus allowing for greater changes.

Yes, and for the fun of it.
kfc
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:36:25 PM
The fun of it for me was having different people offer different policies to improve the site. No one has done that except for me. The good that came out of it was additional policies from innomen (tournament feature) and suggestions made by cliff regarding the ELO rating system. At this point nothing new is being offered and no real opposition has been offered to my policy. If there was, an additional benefit could be realizing the flaws in my policy and making a better policy.

As of now it's a dull popularity contest in which people such as joshandr30 by the direction of innomen are attempting to annoy me with stupidity.

The real purpose and fun of the elections in my mind is over.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:38:44 PM
Vote Bob!

sorry innomen :/
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:40:42 PM
Wow. I'm Speechless at the fact that a popularity contest has included mudslinging and someone claiming they are taking power.

But hey
VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:49:37 PM
At 5/16/2011 5:40:42 PM, Cobo wrote:
Wow. I'm Speechless at the fact that a popularity contest has included mudslinging and someone claiming they are taking power.

But hey
VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Thats the fun. If it was played out completely straight I don't think anyone would really care
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 7:17:43 PM
This election is pretty simple.

You can treat it as former elections => like a fun joke.

Or you can treat is as an opportunity to give certain members a platform to improve the site.

Innomen is a great guy and if the election didn't mean anything or was just about "image" (who seems more "presidential"), I'd vote for him.

But, askbob will actually take the president job seriously - as our endorsement of him improving the site.

So is president a real position or just a fun joke. You decide...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 7:19:28 PM
At 5/16/2011 7:17:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
This election is pretty simple.

You can treat it as former elections => like a fun joke.

Or you can treat is as an opportunity to give certain members a platform to improve the site.

Innomen is a great guy and if the election didn't mean anything or was just about "image" (who seems more "presidential"), I'd vote for him.

But, askbob will actually take the president job seriously - as our endorsement of him improving the site.

Juggle has already said that they consider it a "real" position. But if the members of the site want it to be a meaningless joke, Juggle can accomidate and view it as worthless.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 7:26:41 PM

Me

Me

Me and TV

Roy

Panda

Lol at taking power that you can never have.

Lol at the me me me me.

Look, I agree that you have done great things for this site. I truly hope you keep doing the good that you do so very well.

You are a dedicated member of this web site and you deserve respect for that.

This election isn't about policies. Every one knows anyone can pull together and pention juggle for changes. That's common sense.

This election is about people speaking out against your behavior towards other people, especially the new ones. And I think you have finally realized this. This was a way for people to voice their disapproval of what you do here. I think most of the people that do support you don't like what you do, but you get things done.

As I have said, I think it is pretty clear that your behaviour isn't accepted and will longer be tolerated.

Now that this has been made crystal clear I would hope this site can move forward as one.

Honestly askbob, you had this election hands down, but your negative behaviors have jeopardized your winning.

I hope you know that there will always be someone to oppose your behaviors if you choose to continue in this path.

I don't know about innomen, but I can see a possible merger of all parties. One party with DDO as their main purpose and passion. I don't know how to work out the details but hope you take this opportunity to join together with innomen and the rest of DDO (all of it) make this the best damn debate site in the web. But when considering this option I hope you understand there will no room for your terrorism.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 7:33:45 PM
The first order of business is having every member who disagrees with askbob banned from the site...
(Remember discussions with askbob about abortion and Osama's dead...)

*BANNED*
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 7:56:12 PM
Askbob you are clearly a very talented, very self-driven individual and I imagine you will make a lot of money in your life and do a whole lot of productive things. You probably would do more productive things for the site than any other person (speaking in terms of organizing activities and discriminating rules, etc). But DDO isn't all about productivity and there is something to be said about being well-rounded. Your productive qualities are overshadowed by your lack of respect and your indignance. You've had every... EVERY chance to show the population of DDO that you are conscious of your mistakes and you've sided with your pride against us at every turn. People come on DDO to have fun, not to build weapons to help the U.S. defeat the axis of evil... Being productive just isn't enough to warrant your leadership. And the nail in the coffin of your campaign is your lack of concern about drawing in new members, which in my (and most everyone's, I will go out on a limb to assert) opinion is the absolute most important aspect of productivity for DDO. Recruitment is our bottom line, and you are missing that bottom line by a long shot. There's a couple more weeks to the election... Are you going to spend it spitting fire or are you going to use the time to discover humility? Can you even fake being considerate?
kfc
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 8:05:00 PM
At 5/16/2011 7:33:45 PM, tvellalott wrote:
The first order of business is having every member who disagrees with askbob banned from the site...

*BANNED*

I would laugh but I'm not absolutely positive you are joking.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 8:09:14 PM
At 5/16/2011 8:05:00 PM, jharry wrote:
At 5/16/2011 7:33:45 PM, tvellalott wrote:

*BANNED*

I would laugh but I'm not absolutely positive you are joking.

Excellent. >:)

Muh threads
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 8:09:31 PM
lol This if fun. A coup by Commander Askbob.

Next come the restrictions of free speech, the genocides, the controlled press, the cult of personality.

This is pretty cool.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 8:10:28 PM

Innomen does not think the election is a joke, nor do the members of the party. You want to debate that, send me a challenge.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 8:10:41 PM
At 5/16/2011 8:09:31 PM, M.Torres wrote:

Next come the restrictions of free speech, the genoci... *shot in the face*

Fix'd.

Muh threads
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 8:14:15 PM
At 5/16/2011 8:10:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Fix'd.

That was funny.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 8:15:00 PM
At 5/16/2011 8:10:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Fix'd.

roflol

Can we expect a resistance movement from Geo?

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 8:16:25 PM
At 5/16/2011 8:10:28 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:

Innomen does not think the election is a joke, nor do the members of the party. You want to debate that, send me a challenge.
I don't understand - what should he debate your over? It makes no sense.

Now regarding this whole election, I would like to make it clear that it is not supposed to be a run for fame, but run for improvement of the site. I think the elections are fun, but as I said last year, if the elected members get to have an important say in many issues, and are well connected to the moderators, then I think there are merits in the election. If we can improve the site together and welcome new people, then that would be good. I don't see how that is happening with "look at what I accomplished!" It is not about what you do. It is about what you make others do. If you make others leave this site for no good reasons, then your accomplishments mean nothing. All achievements for this site should be collective, for the most part.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 8:44:38 PM
Askbob, this has nothing to do with the things you have done for this site, it has to do with who will be the voice from this community to juggle, and who will be responsible for maintaining an environment worth debating in.
Which means that controversy should be high, trolls should be minimal, and the respectful debate should be the top priority. I don't believe anyone has been trying to minimize the time you put into building up the wiki, fans site, n00b games, etc, but many people can see that your troll feeding, harassment, blatant disregard for the rules, etc are not want this site wants to identify with when it looks for a leader.
I personally think that if you would spend your time building a relationship with julia and taking concerns with her privately, you could be a wonderful leader, but your childishness is destroying your reputation. The Party Party, and the DDO Party merged in order to ensure that you don't represent us. Not because of a popularity contest, but because no one really wants to be associated with those behaviors, which range from telling other members to "go die" calling them "mentally retarded", posting private messages with them, putting up their personal information, etc etc.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 8:46:50 PM
At 5/16/2011 8:44:38 PM, lovelife wrote:
askbob is mean and I like kitties, so nur nur.

Muh threads
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 8:49:45 PM
At 5/16/2011 8:44:38 PM, lovelife wrote:
Askbob, this has nothing to do with the things you have done for this site, it has to do with who will be the voice from this community to juggle, and who will be responsible for maintaining an environment worth debating in.
Which means that controversy should be high, trolls should be minimal, and the respectful debate should be the top priority. I don't believe anyone has been trying to minimize the time you put into building up the wiki, fans site, n00b games, etc, but many people can see that your troll feeding, harassment, blatant disregard for the rules, etc are not want this site wants to identify with when it looks for a leader.
I personally think that if you would spend your time building a relationship with julia and taking concerns with her privately, you could be a wonderful leader, but your childishness is destroying your reputation. The Party Party, and the DDO Party merged in order to ensure that you don't represent us. Not because of a popularity contest, but because no one really wants to be associated with those behaviors, which range from telling other members to "go die" calling them "mentally retarded", posting private messages with them, putting up their personal information, etc etc.

I agree reasonably with this. Besides, Askbob, it's not like anyone OPPOSED your off-shoot websites. But to be honest, I know I'm not interested in them. And they're big, but I find them insignificant and not tantamount to this site. The Twitter site is a definite plus, but a Mafia wiki? I don't see the practicality in that. Never look at it.

Plus, you do have a rather bad reputation as far as handling other people. I understand your concern with efficiency and getting the job done. But I keep thinking back to that first incident with Rogue. And apparently she didn't even do anything wrong.

I can't say I support Askbob, but I'm not sure I support anyone else either. And Askbob's tenacity to hunt down and abuse others' personal information to gain leverage over others cannot be considered a public interest for the site. Not to its users anyways.

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 12:15:11 AM
At 5/16/2011 7:56:12 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
Recruitment is our bottom line, and you are missing that bottom line by a long shot.

You aren't a part of the pms, if you want, i can make you a part.