Jump to topic:

Committee Signups

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 12:30:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Let me know in this thread which one you want to join if you have an active interest in helping the website and I'll add you to the pm

Mod Relations

With the huge goal of getting as many of those policies accomplished as possible involving site updates and setting up monthly discussions with members about the priority of those updates. Drafting reports that state the following progress of the mods and what is expected for the future.
[edit] User Relations

This user will focus on things involving troll members, scaring the shitt out of the trolls, and keeping things peaceful. Checking for users who are creating fake debates to get around the voting filter, spying out multi-accounts.
[edit] Social Relations

This user will focus on the mass media project and recruiting members via twitter, facebook, myspace, and by getting the name out on other debating sites
[edit] Site Wiki Head

In charge of helping users create their own pages, collecting past history, getting memes together, making it hilarious.
[edit] Mafia Wiki Head

In charge of archiving mafia games and getting the current mods to archive theirs
[edit] Mafia Head

In charge of the list and modding games where the mods fail to continue their games. Also in charge of making sure games are moving along at a good pace and in charge of keeping a list of the most replaced players for mods to use.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 12:32:24 AM
At 5/17/2011 12:30:22 AM, askbob wrote:
In charge of archiving mafia games and getting the current mods to archive theirs
[edit] Mafia Head

if you let BS do this You'll have lost my vote!!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 12:37:24 AM
At 5/17/2011 12:32:24 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 5/17/2011 12:30:22 AM, askbob wrote:
[edit] Mafia Head

if you let BS do this You'll have lost my vote!!

You can join the committee and have an equal say
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 12:42:37 AM
Id love to be a part of mafia head if possible
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 12:44:40 AM
At 5/17/2011 12:42:37 AM, headphonegut wrote:
Id love to be a part of mafia head if possible

kk will add you
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 12:48:22 AM
I will add everyone both in this forum and those that pm'd me to the committee PM's by noonish tomorrow or tomorrow night. This way I don't have to make tons of pms as new people want to join. By that time most people will have seen this and made their requests if they desire to join.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 12:57:22 AM
At 5/17/2011 12:55:41 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Either mafia or mafia wiki sounds interesting, depends on what you need more people for.

depends on how much work you want to do. mafia should be pretty easy except when a mod screws up on a game. You'll also have more decision making to do with how you're going to do the moderator list. I have my own suggestions but there is a lot more room for improvement.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 12:59:44 AM
with the mafia wiki it's a lot of archiving (going back reading past threads, coding the wiki. You can look at the games already done to see the formatting and the type of work it will be. So far I'm the only one doing that so it's the most needed area out of all the commitee's currently besides the User portion of the wiki. The user portion will be much more exciting and more hilarious to do because you are basically writing biographies of users that have wiggle room to be as hilarious as you want to be while still being factual.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 1:04:10 AM
At 5/17/2011 12:59:44 AM, askbob wrote:
with the mafia wiki it's a lot of archiving (going back reading past threads, coding the wiki. You can look at the games already done to see the formatting and the type of work it will be. So far I'm the only one doing that so it's the most needed area out of all the commitee's currently besides the User portion of the wiki. The user portion will be much more exciting and more hilarious to do because you are basically writing biographies of users that have wiggle room to be as hilarious as you want to be while still being factual.

I think I'll help with the wiki, then. I took a look at it and it doesn't seem too bad. Like you said, it's reading and coding. The DDO wiki uses the same coding as wikipedia, right?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 1:05:36 AM
At 5/17/2011 1:04:10 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I think I'll help with the wiki, then. I took a look at it and it doesn't seem too bad. Like you said, it's reading and coding. The DDO wiki uses the same coding as wikipedia, right?

That's correct
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 1:06:55 AM
At 5/17/2011 1:05:36 AM, askbob wrote:
At 5/17/2011 1:04:10 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

That's correct

Good, I'm already somewhat familiar with that coding.
Brian314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 8:34:45 AM
I do realize that I'm relatively new to the site and haven't participated much in the forums, am I eligible to help? If so, I would be interested in being a part of User Relations.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 1:42:07 PM
At 5/17/2011 8:34:45 AM, Brian314 wrote:
I do realize that I'm relatively new to the site and haven't participated much in the forums, am I eligible to help? If so, I would be interested in being a part of User Relations.

You are definitely eligible. Everybody is welcome to join a committee. Be aware though if you are inactive in the pms and aren't contributing you will be removed/warned
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 2:53:40 PM
Adolf Hitler = Nazi

askbob = Cyber Nazi

Adolf Hitler = Nazi Dictatorship, then suicide.

askbob = Cyber Nazi Dictatorship, then suicide?

askbob is motivated by darkness. Don't follow him. You will regret it.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 3:14:31 PM
At 5/17/2011 2:53:40 PM, Lionheart wrote:
askbob is motivated by darkness. Don't follow him. You will regret it.

sigging this
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 4:09:39 PM
Askbob and his minion's "votebomb".

http://www.debate.org...

- Lionheart -
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 4:12:53 PM
At 5/17/2011 4:09:39 PM, Lionheart wrote:
Askbob and his minion's "votebomb".

http://www.debate.org...

This isn't really the thread for this, but it has now been balanced out (as far as the votebombs are concerned), 3 to 3.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 4:19:06 PM
The funny part is that askbob does it and everyone is just like... oh ok ok just fix it. But if someone else does it then they either get accused of multi accounting or actions are taken against them towards getting them banned???

askbob does all the things that nobody should be doing on this site and he get's support for it.

That's my point. IF askbob does it it's ok, but if anyone else does it it's not???

WTF.

- Lionheart -
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 4:24:39 PM
At 5/17/2011 4:19:06 PM, Lionheart wrote:
The funny part is that askbob does it and everyone is just like... oh ok ok just fix it. But if someone else does it then they either get accused of multi accounting or actions are taken against them towards getting them banned???

askbob does all the things that nobody should be doing on this site and he get's support for it.

That's my point. IF askbob does it it's ok, but if anyone else does it it's not???

WTF.

First, you've already stated that you feel it is a right, so you really can't complain (actually you can, but it only makes you a hypocrite). Second, no one said that it is okay for him to do it, you are just whinning.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 4:28:57 PM
What...you don't like someone going after your precious askbob? Too bad.

He deserves it.

He was banned for his behavior once... He should be banned for his behavior again.

- Lionheart -
Brian314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 7:12:26 PM
At 5/17/2011 1:42:07 PM, askbob wrote:
At 5/17/2011 8:34:45 AM, Brian314 wrote:

You are definitely eligible. Everybody is welcome to join a committee. Be aware though if you are inactive in the pms and aren't contributing you will be removed/warned

All right, I'll do my best to be active in the pms, then. Thank you, askbob.