Jump to topic:

Lionheart's last words...

Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 6:23:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I was a peaceful happy member of this site before askbob came after me with his accusations and threats.

It's unfair that I am now seen as the bad guy for defending this site, it's new members, and battling askbob's dictatorship directly.

It's people like askbob and his minions that are ruining DDO.

If you support them and their actions... Then you are supporting the wrong side.

askbob takes serious actions against everyone he chooses, but nobody takes serious actions against him.

*sheathes his daggers*

One day, you will see that I wasn't the villain.... I was trying to be the hero.

I'm done fighting this battle.

I'm deactivating my account.

*walks away into the light... Never to return*
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 6:25:16 PM

Everyone knows what this is ^, leave it at that.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 6:26:35 PM
At 5/17/2011 6:23:48 PM, Lionheart wrote:
I was a peaceful happy member of this site before askbob came after me with his accusations and threats.

It's unfair that I am now seen as the bad guy for defending this site, it's new members, and battling askbob's dictatorship directly.

If you support them and their actions... Then you are supporting the wrong side.

askbob takes serious actions against everyone he chooses, but nobody takes serious actions against him.

*sheathes his daggers*

One day, you will see that I wasn't the villain.... I was trying to be the hero.

Askbob is actually a puppet account I made to keep people who I don't like in line.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 6:29:04 PM
At 5/17/2011 6:26:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:

*sheathes his daggers*

Askbob is actually a puppet account I made to keep people who I don't like in line.

Why does that not surprise me?
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 6:30:44 PM
At 5/17/2011 6:25:16 PM, OreEle wrote:

Everyone knows what this is ^, leave it at that.

this is going to get ugly
kfc
Justin_Chains
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 7:02:35 PM
So who is this DDO member called askbob?

Almost every time I come onto DDO I hear something about this member.

I would like to hear both sides of the story.

Can someone elaborate from a neutral perspective?
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 7:11:23 PM
Time for the conspiracy theories:

Lionheart was a fake account made by Askbob to give him publicity and support for his coup.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 7:12:56 PM
At 5/17/2011 7:02:35 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:

Askbob is a long time member who has been, shall we say, "over-active" in his pursuit of individuals who make multiple accounts (so they can vote multiple times, and mess with people's debates). Askbob accused Lion Heart of being a multiaccounter (with no hard evidence). Rather than going to the staff, he believed that the staff would simply ignore it (even though it is against the TOS), and so called out the people that he believes are breaking the rules (he has done this many times, not just with Lion). It turns out, that Lion likely wasn't a multiaccounter (though we still have no evidence one way or another, an IP scan by the staff is the only real way to know), and Lion felt he was wronged by Askbob, and began going after Askbob.

Most of the site actually supported Lion at first, but as the days turned to weeks, Lion kept beating a dead horse and wouldn't let the issue drop. Eventually people were just asking him to let it go, drop it, and what not. He took this to mean that everyone was supporting Askbob and what Askbob did (which only motivated him to continue).

That is my view, at least.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 7:18:04 PM
At 5/17/2011 7:12:56 PM, OreEle wrote:

Askbob is a long time member who has been, shall we say, "over-active" in his pursuit of individuals who make multiple accounts (so they can vote multiple times, and mess with people's debates). Askbob accused Lion Heart of being a multiaccounter (with no hard evidence). Rather than going to the staff, he believed that the staff would simply ignore it (even though it is against the TOS), and so called out the people that he believes are breaking the rules (he has done this many times, not just with Lion). It turns out, that Lion likely wasn't a multiaccounter (though we still have no evidence one way or another, an IP scan by the staff is the only real way to know), and Lion felt he was wronged by Askbob, and began going after Askbob.

Plus, this is not the first time Askbob has done similar.

Most of the site actually supported Lion at first, but as the days turned to weeks, Lion kept beating a dead horse and wouldn't let the issue drop. Eventually people were just asking him to let it go, drop it, and what not. He took this to mean that everyone was supporting Askbob and what Askbob did (which only motivated him to continue).

That is my view, at least.

I agree. Lionheart took little things as huge criticisms. He has created a bit of a thorn in the side for Askbob, however. And Askbob's reaction to the elections and his attitude in general has caused a large rift. On one hand, he's friendly and supportive of DDO; on the other, he's self-inflated, and often harasses and threatens others. His intentions are good (making the site better) but his means are controversial (breaking TOS and blasting Mod-intervention).
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 8:24:03 PM
*sheathes his daggers*

That has to be a troll. >.<
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 8:36:33 PM

Lion, YOU'RE BACK!!!!
kfc
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 8:38:15 PM
Askbob is the site vigilante.

As to Lionheart, he's probably reading this thread. Because this sudden change in his approach to the site wasn't provoked by a recent event, I think he's just after attention.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 8:39:48 PM
At 5/17/2011 8:36:33 PM, Koopin wrote:

Lion, YOU'RE BACK!!!!

Note to Justin_Chains: Koopin isn't serious.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Justin_Chains
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 8:58:25 PM
It's all just kind of confusing I guess.... I think it's probably better for me to just stay out of it. Seems like their is a lot of strong emotions on the subject and I have no place to judge.

I think I'll focus mainly on the religion and philosophy forums for now.... LOL!

Leave the DDO politics up to the people who have been here for awhile....
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 8:59:18 PM
At 5/17/2011 8:58:25 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:

You've gotta be in it to win it!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
frenchmoosetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 9:52:02 PM
At 5/17/2011 8:58:25 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
It's all just kind of confusing I guess.... I think it's probably better for me to just stay out of it. Seems like their is a lot of strong emotions on the subject and I have no place to judge.

I think I'll focus mainly on the religion and philosophy forums for now.... LOL!

You have to understand that this site... is as srs bsns as it gets..
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 9:56:51 PM
Lol @ every comment about askbob from the past few weeks.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 11:02:06 PM
At 5/17/2011 10:57:27 PM, rogue wrote:
Wow he's an idiot. He totally reinforced askbob. Now askbob can brag about driving ANOTHER player off the site.

He did it with another member as well. He came back though...
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 11:03:16 PM
At 5/17/2011 11:02:06 PM, phantom wrote:
Wow he's an idiot. He totally reinforced askbob. Now askbob can brag about driving ANOTHER player off the site.

Never mind lol. Didn't see that.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 11:13:16 PM
At 5/17/2011 11:02:06 PM, phantom wrote:

He used to do it all the time (well, I don't know about "all the time", but at least one specific instance I can remember), just without the accusations and revealing personal information. He'd just have flame wars with people until they left.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 11:14:15 PM
I think that this actually hurt Askbob overall. If we're going to talk conspiracies, it would be more likely that Lionheart is a puppet of someone who hates Askbob and was trying to make him look bad. However, I'm certain he was just some idiot from the internet. I won't really miss him because he was kind of annoying.

If things don't turn fast, innomen will have the election locked. I would have been fairly torn between them a month ago but recent events have moved me in the innomen direction. Askbob his helpful and has good ideas but you have to consider what the image of the president is to both new members and long time members, which is a legitimate part of what the president's actual role is.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 11:23:46 PM
At 5/17/2011 11:14:10 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
@lionheart:

http://www.youtube.com...

ROFL
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 11:42:59 PM
At 5/17/2011 7:12:56 PM, OreEle wrote:
Askbob accused Lion Heart of being a multiaccounter (with no hard evidence).

No I didn't. I sent him one message asking why shrek65 voted on his debate with the reasoning of "asdof" via PM. Not a post in the forum, i didn't call him out or threaten him. Just asked him why.

Moments later I received 3 or 4 pms which were so ridiculous I felt the need to copy and paste the pms in the forum to show how much of an idiot he was.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 12:59:32 AM
Drama is for poosies.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp