Jump to topic:

Remnants of Phil

Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 2:31:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I was just going through some of my debates and noticed something odd about this one: http://www.debate.org...

You'll notice that it only has 57 or so comments. This is odd because I distinctly remember it having well over 100. This is because during the course of the debate the instigator reported a comment that Vi_Veri made about how anyone with opinions like his must be performing fellatio upon William O'Rielly's penile appendage on a regular basis. This prompted him to ban Vi from the site for a few weeks.

As the regular members of this site can already guess, this event made many of us extremely angry (so angry that most of the moves for me were cast out of spite) and what proceeded was a large "discussion" about the ridiculousness of the occurrence. This comment section scuffle largely did not violate the site's TOS, but Phil the Overlord chose to delete the entire thing anyways.

All the more reason that we're better in the hands of the new owners than we ever were with Phil.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 2:52:51 AM
At 5/18/2011 2:45:45 AM, FREEDO wrote:
100% agree

Phil was tyranny. There's not a single person here who misses him.

I agree, i just never thought he really gave a crap so that he would pay such close attention to what went on in order to do that.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 11:12:14 AM
I hated phil. He did nothing beneficial and spent his time mainly being a dick.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 11:44:42 AM
At 5/18/2011 11:12:14 AM, askbob wrote:

Hi phil.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 12:35:02 PM
At 5/18/2011 11:44:42 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 5/18/2011 11:12:14 AM, askbob wrote:

Hi phil.

hehe
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...