Jump to topic:

Debate Topic

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 3:07:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Kohai and I are participating in my debate tournament, but are having trouble finding a topic that we both have knowledge on and that we disagree on. If people could post topics that they think would be good to debate on, it would be appreciated.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 3:09:39 PM
At 5/18/2011 3:07:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Kohai and I are participating in my debate tournament, but are having trouble finding a topic that we both have knowledge on and that we disagree on. If people could post topics that they think would be good to debate on, it would be appreciated.

I really enjoyed my last debate on hate crime. I don't see it debated much, and I thought it brought out some interesting issues.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 3:11:45 PM
At 5/18/2011 3:09:39 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/18/2011 3:07:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:

I really enjoyed my last debate on hate crime. I don't see it debated much, and I thought it brought out some interesting issues.

Just pro/con on hate crime, or like what constitutes one vs. free speech?

The legitimacy of racial profiling as a police tool is also a good one.

But there's hundreds if you check those 3 links.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)