Jump to topic:

Forfeit debates

quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 10:28:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I agree, I suppose one could argue that it takes up space for legitimate debates, but there are only 1 or 2 legitimate debates every day or so. Forfeited debates often go by unvoted resulting in ties for debaters who simply forfeited every round leaving their opponent waiting.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 10:45:04 PM
There should be a process by which forfeited debates are automatically grante to the one who didn't forfeit, yet the win would not be wieghted as heavily as a legitimate debate.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2011 11:55:43 PM
At 5/31/2011 10:45:04 PM, BennyW wrote:
There should be a process by which forfeited debates are automatically grante to the one who didn't forfeit, yet the win would not be wieghted as heavily as a legitimate debate.

At that point, you're penalizing the winner for something out of his control. If I put a lot of effort into making an elaborate case, I shouldn't have it not count as a full win just because it scared my opponent away.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 12:54:56 AM
I agree but meanwhile you can post them here.

http://www.debate.org...
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
codemeister13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2014 3:24:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Eh. I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, as previously mentioned, it would end up taking more room on the front page from legitimate debates that were completed all the way through.

However, on the other hand, it would allow those that tried to complete a full debate to earn the ELO/votes that they deserve from debates that may result in a tie otherwise since it may go unviewed.
A proud member of The DDO Pirate Party.

Employed at Derptasia Productions, a subsidiary of Totally Legit Incorporated.
Streaming daily at twitch.tv/derp_kip

Ain't no brakes on the cake train.