Jump to topic:

Group Debates?

Contradiction
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2011 5:39:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but what do you all think of the idea of group debates? I haven't worked out the specifics, but it would be a normal debate with the exception that each side would have more than one member. They could either take turns at posting arguments or each post an argument per round. Time limits would be the same for each person. The character count could be reduced or divided to take into account the extra person.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2011 5:42:20 PM
At 6/2/2011 5:39:09 PM, Contradiction wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but what do you all think of the idea of group debates? I haven't worked out the specifics, but it would be a normal debate with the exception that each side would have more than one member. They could either take turns at posting arguments or each post an argument per round. Time limits would be the same for each person. The character count could be reduced or divided to take into account the extra person.

The best way to do it would be for each side to have a "team leader" who is participating in the debate, and everyone else is in a PM together so that they come up with a group argument.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Contradiction
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2011 5:45:21 PM
Well, that would work for now, but why couldn't the system be such that it could handle more than one person on each team? I think that would be better.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2011 5:48:13 PM
At 6/2/2011 5:45:21 PM, Contradiction wrote:
Well, that would work for now, but why couldn't the system be such that it could handle more than one person on each team? I think that would be better.

I'm not sure how difficult that would be for Juggle to code into the system. Maybe if there was enough support from the members, they could be convinced. Though I imgine that it will be stuck on a back burner until the voting drought passes.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2011 5:51:43 PM
It has been suggested a long time ago. I want my team debates! >:(
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2011 6:58:20 PM
i think cliff is doing something like this in his tournamentj
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2011 7:08:54 PM
this sounds really interesting, I would definitely be in on it. I just got to make sure I don't fall into my IRL group roll of slacking off and trolling the other members.