Jump to topic:

IP address blocks

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2011 11:40:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The IP addresses of Morocco are blocked from Debate.org. Was trying to recruit one who is a muslim on the facebook group i invaded but he said they block him at registration.

I was wondering we can do to lift these blocks that are preventing legitimate members from joining. I understand the point is to block spammers but we need more activity and when new people want to join this website and are shut down it kills us.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 12:00:48 AM
At 6/3/2011 11:40:55 PM, askbob wrote:
The IP addresses of Morocco are blocked from Debate.org. Was trying to recruit one who is a muslim on the facebook group i invaded but he said they block him at registration.

I was wondering we can do to lift these blocks that are preventing legitimate members from joining. I understand the point is to block spammers but we need more activity and when new people want to join this website and are shut down it kills us.

I agree 100% and had the same issue with a friend of mine in UAE. I told him to email t support here, but he never answered if he had, or if it was helpful a all. I thnk the next step is to request members to ask for ease of IP restrictions.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 1:14:45 AM
I mean its a delicate balance I suppose between having the site infected with spam and IP blocks...

My plan

1. Code in anti-spam measures
2. Appoint two user mods with the ability to silence members (prevent posting and debates) that can ease the pain until they are reported and a decision made by the moderators. Has to be unanimous agreement between the user-mods.
3. Lift all IP blocks for a month and reassess situation.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 1:58:05 AM
At 6/4/2011 1:57:04 AM, Awed wrote:
When I was on vacation in Shanghai last year the IP was also blocked.

Chinese internet is heavily censored anyway though.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 1:54:33 PM
Happened to me in Bosnia last year. I used a proxy site to enter DDO.

I think the IP address bans should be uplifted. It is as easy as possible to enter the site through proxy sites regardless.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 12:31:37 PM
At 6/4/2011 1:14:45 AM, askbob wrote:
I mean its a delicate balance I suppose between having the site infected with spam and IP blocks...

What is the relation between Spam and these countries? Spam can come from US or India also...
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 6:00:44 PM
At 6/6/2011 12:31:37 PM, baggins wrote:
At 6/4/2011 1:14:45 AM, askbob wrote:

What is the relation between Spam and these countries? Spam can come from US or India also...

Clearly there are a much larger volume of spam emanating from countries where regulation and government is weak.
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 9:59:17 AM
Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies. Proxies.
Kfc.