Jump to topic:

Calling out Contradiction.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 10:53:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
That is, Contradiction, the user. I'm not going to claim anything I don't know but I'd like some explaining done concerning some very fishy things I stumbled upon.

Contradictions has won all 18 debates that he has been in.
Here are those 18 debates:
http://www.debate.org...

Here are the problems:
In 12 of those debates, the opponent forfeited.
In 10 of those debates, Kohai, a now deactivated user, either voted on your debate in your favor or was your opponent and forfeited.
In 10 of those debates, your opponent was either deactivated or signed up 2 weeks ago or less.

Also, strangely, 9 of your debates have been about gay marriage, but that's not relevant.

That is all.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Contradiction
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 10:56:40 PM
Most of my debates are instances where I accepted an open debate. Most of those individuals were people with newly created accounts. There is nothing fishy going on. I'm sure you can request the administration to do IP checks if need be.

I'm not really sure why kohai liked to vote on my debates though. I do know that kohai is currently MilitantAtheist, and was Agnostic86 prior to that.

And yes, I debate a lot on gay marriage -- it's my area of interest.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 11:00:41 PM
Fair enough. I trust the mods with an IP check. If their checks don't work than we have bigger problems.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
MilitantAtheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 11:14:37 PM
The reason why I mostly voted in contradiction's favor was because he legitamently won the debate. I will never vote in someone's favor unless they earn it.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 11:17:08 PM
At 6/5/2011 11:14:37 PM, MilitantAtheist wrote:
The reason why I mostly voted in contradiction's favor was because he legitamently won the debate. I will never vote in someone's favor unless they earn it.

Why did you vote on his debates so often?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
MilitantAtheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 11:19:04 PM
At 6/5/2011 11:17:08 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Either because it was a tie or just felt like acknowledging how good he is at debating.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 12:14:12 AM
At 6/5/2011 11:19:04 PM, MilitantAtheist wrote:
At 6/5/2011 11:17:08 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Either because it was a tie or just felt like acknowledging how good he is at being cool and good looking. He is so awesome.

this
BruteApologia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 12:55:19 AM
Sometimes there are cheaters, other times there are epic winners. Contradiction is the latter but I can understand how unbelievable it is, as some will just be suspicious :P His debate skills rival the top debaters on DDO on their own merits, I do not think he needs to play any games by creating accounts to look smart.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:00:07 AM
See, I chalk my loss to contradiction as being a result of me underestimating the stupidity of the people voting.

His argument was so retarded that I didn't think anyone would actually seriously find it convincing.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:00:26 AM
I got cocky, I should have been more thorough.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:05:55 AM
At 6/6/2011 12:55:19 AM, BruteApologia wrote:
Sometimes there are cheaters, other times there are epic winners. Contradiction is the latter but I can understand how unbelievable it is, as some will just be suspicious :P His debate skills rival the top debaters on DDO on their own merits, I do not think he needs to play any games by creating accounts to look smart.

Yeah...no...

Whether or not Contradiction is an honest user, I'm sure most people here would find it obvious that his win ratio does not reflect his ability.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:07:09 AM
At 6/6/2011 1:05:55 AM, FREEDO wrote:

Yeah...no...

Whether or not Contradiction is an honest user, I'm sure most people here would find it obvious that his win ratio does not reflect his ability.

Challenge him then.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:12:54 AM
At 6/6/2011 1:07:09 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 6/6/2011 1:05:55 AM, FREEDO wrote:

Yeah...no...

Challenge him then.

I second that motion, challenge him.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:15:37 AM
Ok guys, I'm gonna have to call voting bloc on this. The evidence is too conclusive.

I didn't realize that Kohai isn't the only won that has been voting for him over and over again.

So has BruteApologia, SkepticsAskHere, quarterexchange and especially Dimmitri.C.

Cliff.Stamp and RoyLanthum as well but I know that they simply do a ridiculous amount of voting.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:18:10 AM
It's no surprise that BruteApologia just posted in this thread with the first post his profile is showing record of which means it could possibly be the first in a month or longer. He's coming to the rescue.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:19:00 AM
At 6/6/2011 1:17:52 AM, ExNihilo wrote:
All of you are pretty moronic, I just have to say that.

You're a nice guy too.
ExNihilo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:19:44 AM
It's no surprise that BruteApologia just posted in this thread with the first post his profile is showing record of which means it could possibly be the first in a month or longer. He's coming to the rescue.

^^^This is a terribly unlettered post. I would consider taking English 101 before attacking others.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:19:58 AM
At 6/6/2011 1:17:52 AM, ExNihilo wrote:
All of you are pretty moronic, I just have to say that.

LOOOOOOOOL. Now you're just being an idiot. Stop posting here with your multies. This is another person who has been voting on your debates frequently but I didn't mention them. This is also their first post.

Jig is up.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
ExNihilo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:22:01 AM
At 6/6/2011 1:20:57 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Askbob is gonna be all over this like a shark.

What was your first language? My first language was English. I listened during class. You?
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:22:51 AM

Challenge Contradiction

Come on, you are making the claim that his win ratio doesn't affect his debating ability, so it's only decent that you debate him yourself.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:24:22 AM
At 6/6/2011 1:19:46 AM, Contradiction wrote:
Brute, myself (And several others) are part of an internet philosophy discussion group. I brought it up in the lobby.

Do you have evidence for this? Witnesses who are not the people I mentioned? What is the "lobby?"
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:26:29 AM
At 6/6/2011 1:22:51 AM, quarterexchange wrote:

Challenge Contradiction

Come on, you are making the claim that his win ratio doesn't affect his debating ability, so it's only decent that you debate him yourself.

I ignored this because it's really quite laughable but if people insist I'm fine with it.

Contradiction, if you're not banned by the time I get back from camp then I would like to debate you.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
BruteApologia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:27:17 AM
Freedo, I only voted on 4 of Contradictions debates... and that counts as a threat? Please. I think you're being unnecessarily paranoid.