Jump to topic:

DDO feature needed

MilitantAtheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 11:17:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello guys, there is a feature missing that is desperately needed on DDO to fight votebombs.
I propose we have a way of reporting a vote. This way, we do not need the million threads that say, "MY DEBATE WAS VOTEBOMBED" or "POST VOTEBOMBED DEBATES HERE."

In addition, we also need "vote moderators" that will remove suspected votebombs by making everything that person voted for "tie" as well as remove all counter-bombs.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 11:18:22 AM
At 6/6/2011 11:17:18 AM, MilitantAtheist wrote:
Hello guys, there is a feature missing that is desperately needed on DDO to fight votebombs.
I propose we have a way of reporting a vote. This way, we do not need the million threads that say, "MY DEBATE WAS VOTEBOMBED" or "POST VOTEBOMBED DEBATES HERE."

In addition, we also need "vote moderators" that will remove suspected votebombs by making everything that person voted for "tie" as well as remove all counter-bombs.

We only really need 1 thread for it. People just keep making additional ones.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
MilitantAtheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 11:19:00 AM
At 6/6/2011 11:18:22 AM, OreEle wrote:

agree. Also, the moderators should be able to merge all those threads together--right?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 11:19:44 AM
At 6/6/2011 11:19:00 AM, MilitantAtheist wrote:

agree. Also, the moderators should be able to merge all those threads together--right?

Juggle is not going to have active mods, so things like thread merging is probably never going to happen.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
MilitantAtheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 11:21:03 AM
At 6/6/2011 11:19:44 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 6/6/2011 11:19:00 AM, MilitantAtheist wrote:

Juggle is not going to have active mods, so things like thread merging is probably never going to happen.

Yeah. We need better moderation. I am a moderator on numerous websites and am appauled at some of the things I see...although I do like this website (maybe a bit addicted)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 1:47:02 PM

you can report a vote by either reporting the debate the vote bomb happened, or report the profile that vote bombed.
But yes it is annoying that people keep making new threads.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 9:18:52 PM

You can report a vote bomb just report the debate and note it in the comment. You can also simply increase your participation and make the vote bombs a moot point. It is only because debates are usually settled by 1-3 votes that one 7-bomb makes any difference. Note that you are rarely actually disputing the actual seven points anyway and at most are arguing that there are 2-4 excess points attributed. That really is not something to get worked up over.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 10:47:36 PM
A feature thats needed is having juggle appoint member mods who remain anonymous.

I nominate:

Roy Latham
J. Kenyon
Cody Frank
innomen
tvellalott
MilitantAtheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 10:51:01 PM
At 6/6/2011 10:47:36 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
A feature thats needed is having juggle appoint member mods who remain anonymous.

I nominate:

Roy Latham
J. Kenyon
Cody Frank
innomen
tvellalott

I agree 100% with that list. They're all great characters.
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 8:48:41 AM

I nominate:

Roy Latham
J. Kenyon
Cody Frank
innomen
tvellalott

That is pretty amusing considering the public stances of Kenyon, Cody and TV on liberty and state/government.
MilitantAtheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 10:37:03 AM
At 6/7/2011 7:28:55 AM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
Whatever we already have askbob to run around swinging axe on the subject.

Which is why I urge members of debate.org to vote for innomen for president!
BangBang-Coconut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 10:46:58 PM

I nominate:

Roy Latham
J. Kenyon
Cody Frank
innomen
tvellalott

Innomen has actually vote-bombed one of my debates before.
-> http://www.debate.org...
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 11:23:06 PM
At 6/7/2011 11:16:46 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
How is 3 a bomb?

Lol it's not even a 3, it's a two-way 3
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 11:46:35 PM

I nominate:

Roy Latham
J. Kenyon
Cody Frank
innomen
tvellalott

To be honest, I wouldn't think J.Kenyon would be a good moderator. He's a great debater and a respectful member of the website, but he can be a huge d!ck sometimes.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2011 8:03:40 AM
At 6/7/2011 10:46:58 PM, BangBang-Coconut wrote:

I nominate:

Roy Latham
J. Kenyon
Cody Frank
innomen
tvellalott

Innomen has actually vote-bombed one of my debates before.
-> http://www.debate.org...

In no way a vote bomb. You deserved to win the debate, sure, but it wasn't such a domination that all dissenting voters can be described as vote-bombers (Especially as he gave both parties 3 points!)