Jump to topic:

The "Others"

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 9:30:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just wanting to know from those that list themselves as "other" in political ideaology, why do you list yourselves as that? I list myself as other because "totalitarian" and/or "authoritarian" are not available. I'm just trying to see if there is a common thread to the "others" that if a few new options were supplied, if you might be better represented.

This goes the same for individuals who list themselves as "not saying" or "undecided."

Thanks,
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 11:50:10 AM
At 6/7/2011 9:45:34 AM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
They are servents of the Reptoids.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 5:37:24 PM
At 6/7/2011 12:10:18 PM, Koopin wrote:

that's what i was thinking when i read the title
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 6:23:21 PM
At 6/7/2011 5:49:01 PM, Mirza wrote:
Shari'a Law not available.

Is there something that Shari'a Law fits approximately into, even if not exact?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 6:33:49 PM
At 6/7/2011 6:23:21 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 6/7/2011 5:49:01 PM, Mirza wrote:
Shari'a Law not available.

Is there something that Shari'a Law fits approximately into, even if not exact?
It supports an ideological state rather than a national state. So it is a bit hard to put it into one ideology.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 10:28:02 PM
That's profoundly stupid. Theological would work as a descriptor, as would reactionary. Under present options I guess you sort of could have a claim to conservative too. But "Ideological rather than national" doesn't mean anything with distinguishing power.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 11:19:22 PM
At 6/7/2011 10:28:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
That's profoundly stupid. Theological would work as a descriptor, as would reactionary. Under present options I guess you sort of could have a claim to conservative too. But "Ideological rather than national" doesn't mean anything with distinguishing power.
Conservative for some. Moderate for others. What is that called? It is a mixture. There's no definite single-term for Shari'a as far as the current list is concerned. It deals with one's ideology. What might be forbidden by authority for one group might be free of choice for another. Nothing suits that in the list.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 2:21:42 PM
I am an Other beacuse Mixed Technocrat is not avaliable.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 2:25:57 PM
Usually, I have put Other as my choice. I have done so because I don't have any ideology in any literal sense. For that same reason I have sometimes chosen Apathetic.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2011 4:02:44 PM
At 6/12/2011 2:25:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Usually, I have put Other as my choice. I have done so because I don't have any ideology in any literal sense. For that same reason I have sometimes chosen Apathetic.

For you FREEDO, i think they put "other" as an alternative.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2011 10:41:02 PM
At 10/30/2011 10:35:04 PM, Double_R wrote:
lol! I did not realize this thread was months old, I actually thought Cliff.Stamp was back!

I was seriously bored, and was persuing my favorite activity: Browsing around DDO. None of the current threads had anything interesting so I kept going back as far as I could, commenting only on the non-controversial threads. You should try it sometime. There are some really interesting stories and posts that you can read to unfold the long forgotten mysteries of DDO.
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 9:57:52 AM
At 6/7/2011 9:30:55 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Just wanting to know from those that list themselves as "other" in political ideaology, why do you list yourselves as that? ...
This goes the same for individuals who list themselves as "not saying" or "undecided."

I agree with conservatives on some things, and liberals on others.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:19:02 PM
At 10/31/2011 9:57:52 AM, wiploc wrote:
Just wanting to know from those that list themselves as "other" in political ideaology, why do you list yourselves as that? ...

I agree with conservatives on some things, and liberals on others.

But do you not see yourself fitting in as "moderate" or "libertarian"?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:36:54 PM
I saw the thread title and thought this would be about Lost. I leave disappointed.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 12:43:17 PM
At 10/31/2011 12:36:54 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I saw the thread title and thought this would be about Lost. I leave disappointed.

Hahaha LOST <3
President of DDO
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2011 1:59:47 PM
Just wanting to know from those that list themselves as "other" in political ideaology, why do you list yourselves as that? I list myself as other because "totalitarian" and/or "authoritarian" are not available. I'm just trying to see if there is a common thread to the "others" that if a few new options were supplied, if you might be better represented.

Thanks,

Could there be some way to distinguish between individualist anarchists (anarcho capitalists, market anarchists, etc) and collectivist anarchists (anarcho communists, anarcho syndacalists, etc)?
President of DDO