Jump to topic:

Thank you DDO

Justin_Chains
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 7:29:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would like to thank all the members of DDO that have interacted with me on this website in the forums. My true purpose of being here was to learn and to hear very different opposing perspectives of passion. At times I may have pulled some strings, but it was all in an effort to see what passions lay within.

I am a writer and I am using everything I learned here to help develop the foundation for a book series that I will be writing in the near future. Want a hint as to the contents of the book?

The book is based on the human race 2000 years from now.

P.S. Again, thank you for all of your interactions and differing perspectives. Sorry, if I was a pain in the butt sometimes. Some of it was just me being me, but some of it was in the spirit of writing.

Thank you,

Justin Chains
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 7:41:21 PM
pretty chill bro
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 7:56:07 PM
You should team up with Charleslb and write a communistic new age novel that would be incredibly challenging to read. Then you should offer a cash prize to anyone who could show a sufficient understanding in it, and the books would fly off the shelves but clearly no one would ever claim that reward since a true understanding is basically impossible since understanding = complete confusion.
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 8:00:32 PM
At 6/16/2011 7:56:07 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
You should team up with Charleslb and write a communistic new age novel that would be incredibly challenging to read. Then you should offer a cash prize to anyone who could show a sufficient understanding in it, and the books would fly off the shelves but clearly no one would ever claim that reward since a true understanding is basically impossible since understanding = complete confusion.

It's called the Communist Manifesto
Kfc.
Justin_Chains
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 8:08:01 PM
At 6/16/2011 7:29:31 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:
I would like to thank all the members of DDO that have interacted with me on this website in the forums. My true purpose of being here was to learn and to hear very different opposing perspectives of passion. At times I may have pulled some strings, but it was all in an effort to see what passions lay within.

I am a writer and I am using everything I learned here to help develop the foundation for a book series that I will be writing in the near future. Want a hint as to the contents of the book?

The book is based on the human race 2000 years from now.

P.S. Again, thank you for all of your interactions and differing perspectives. Sorry, if I was a pain in the butt sometimes. Some of it was just me being me, but some of it was in the spirit of writing.

Thank you,

Justin Chains

No, I'm not leaving... But my interactions will seem different from now on. I believe that I have gathered enough information to start building the bones of my book. This will take away from my time on the site, as well as change how I interact with people. Most of the pushiness will be gone from my posts, unless I feel like I can push something in an effort to use the information in my book. Some of the people that I have interacted with on this site will be the inspiration for some of the characters and concepts in the book series.

Here are a few people who are inspirational figures towards character and concept development...

- Cody_Franklin
- Cliff.Stamp
- Askbob
- GeoLaureate8
- DATCMOTO
- Ogan
- charleslb
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 8:15:24 PM
haha freaking sweet
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 8:42:30 PM
At 6/16/2011 8:27:14 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
You're writing a book based on information and people from DDO? That's awesome!

The first chapter consists of people throwing bricks at charleslb
Kfc.
Justin_Chains
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 9:02:00 PM

Yes, people from DDO will be the main inspirational sources for some of the characters. Some of the other characters will be a combination of personality traits and perspectives of a few people blended together.

Example.

One of the main characters in the first book will be the leader of an AnCap based society.

I have drawn inspiration for this character from of a few people....

- Cody-Franklin
- J.Kenyon
- Sieben

There will be other society concepts in the book as well. I have drawn inspiration from many people towards the character and concept development of this book series. I'm sure that I will find continual inspiration for my book from the members of this site.

Thank you again.
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 9:33:02 PM
At 6/16/2011 9:02:00 PM, Justin_Chains wrote:

Yes, people from DDO will be the main inspirational sources for some of the characters. Some of the other characters will be a combination of personality traits and perspectives of a few people blended together.

Example.

One of the main characters in the first book will be the leader of an AnCap based society.

I have drawn inspiration for this character from of a few people....

- Cody-Franklin
- J.Kenyon
- Sieben

There will be other society concepts in the book as well. I have drawn inspiration from many people towards the character and concept development of this book series. I'm sure that I will find continual inspiration for my book from the members of this site.

Thank you again.

Make me a character who randomly shouts racial slurs and has a line consisting of "the game" over and over
Kfc.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 5:08:26 AM
At 6/17/2011 2:04:54 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Pissed that I'm not in it. I won't sheath my daggers until I am!

OK, here's an idea for my character; a sky pirate captain who flies a galleon which has a large sail and two huge hydrogen filled balloons attached. He goes around stealing from people because he's a bit of dick, but he has awesome one liners. He also has a pet kitten.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 5:13:21 AM
I always thought it was interrogator who was collecting information for some sinister purpose!
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 5:40:08 AM
At 6/17/2011 5:08:26 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 6/17/2011 2:04:54 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Pissed that I'm not in it. I won't sheath my daggers until I am!

OK, here's an idea for my character; a sky pirate captain who flies a galleon which has a large sail and two huge hydrogen filled balloons attached. He goes around stealing from people because he's a bit of dick, but he has awesome one liners. He also has a pet kitten.

who can flame on!?
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 5:41:33 AM
At 6/16/2011 7:31:04 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Are you leaving?

it's an apology given through a lie. :)

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 5:54:29 AM
At 6/17/2011 5:41:33 AM, el-badgero wrote:
Are you leaving?

well he seems a genuine donkey to me anyway. i suppose it's not impossible that a donkey might be writing a book...

Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 7:58:45 AM
At 6/17/2011 5:41:33 AM, el-badgero wrote:
Are you leaving?

Just when I was thinking that I was the only one who saw the emperor had no clothes. It must be an Irish thing.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 8:34:38 AM
we're a fine people cliff!

Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 8:57:06 AM
In the words of the mighty and most learned Stephen from Braveheart :

"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 9:04:06 AM
mighty and most learned stephen indeed. you caught the reference?

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 10:24:19 AM
You are all such passionate people.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 10:29:18 AM
At 6/17/2011 10:24:19 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

It is even more apparent with the consumption of mass quanties of Guinness.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 10:36:36 AM
At 6/17/2011 10:29:18 AM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:

well i was on a bit of a session with an american dude there fairly recently and he tells me that guinness tastes fairly horrible over in the states compared to pretty nice over here if you're saying it tastes horrible. you could nearly still make something outa that though lol.

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 10:38:13 AM
At 6/17/2011 10:36:36 AM, el-badgero wrote:
At 6/17/2011 10:29:18 AM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:

well i was on a bit of a session with an american dude there fairly recently and he tells me that guinness tastes fairly horrible over in the states compared to pretty nice over here if you're saying it tastes horrible. you could nearly still make something outa that though lol.

and he's some sorta mega chef fat bastard so i'd say he'd have a fairly fine tuned appreciation.

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 10:42:44 AM
i'd say we've gone sour.

Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 10:43:05 AM
At 6/17/2011 10:36:36 AM, el-badgero wrote:

well i was on a bit of a session with an american dude there fairly recently and he tells me that guinness tastes fairly horrible over in the states compared to pretty nice over here if you're saying it tastes horrible.

I never had it in the states, but I generally would not ask an American to judge the quality of beer.

*draws daggers*