Jump to topic:

Where does you user name come from?

BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:01:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have noticed some creative user names and was curious as to what inspired them? Mine is not so creative as it is a variation on my name.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:02:58 AM
Lol mine is stupid. I couldnt find a name so I thought of two things and combined them. A rock, and a bolt of lightning. Rockylightning is born.

No relation to Rocky the boxer.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:04:56 AM
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:11:39 AM
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:28:16 AM
At 6/26/2011 1:02:58 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
Lol mine is stupid. I couldnt find a name so I thought of two things and combined them. A rock, and a bolt of lightning. Rockylightning is born.

For some reason now I have in my mind a Geodude who knows electric type attacks.
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:30:38 AM
At 6/26/2011 1:28:16 AM, BennyW wrote:

For some reason now I have in my mind a Geodude who knows electric type attack

Bad move mister
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:33:32 AM
My initials and then "elements." I learned the periodic table in fifth grade.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:35:42 AM

I was thinking it was some generic version of mountain dew
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:36:49 AM
I use Andromeda because it's the name of the closest galaxy to ours, and I used to be somewhat obsessed with outer space. The _Z is added because Andromeda was already taken (http://www.debate.org...) and I liked the way it looked.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:44:52 AM
At 6/26/2011 1:35:42 AM, askbob wrote:

I was thinking it was some generic version of mountain dew

That's over the line
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:45:02 AM
I miss my old username :( but after making the mods go through the trouble to change it, I didn't want to ask them to change it back. I chose this username because I wanted to be a little enigmatic... then defeated the purpose by adding pictures of myself lol but it's just a little reminder to me that people on the internet (including myself) and their opinions about things are pretty insignificant.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:49:04 AM
At 6/26/2011 1:45:02 AM, nonentity wrote:
I miss my old username :( but after making the mods go through the trouble to change it, I didn't want to ask them to change it back. I chose this username because I wanted to be a little enigmatic... then defeated the purpose by adding pictures of myself lol but it's just a little reminder to me that people on the internet (including myself) and their opinions about things are pretty insignificant.

public opinion changes many things that affect most people.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:56:43 AM
At 6/26/2011 1:49:04 AM, askbob wrote:
At 6/26/2011 1:45:02 AM, nonentity wrote:

public opinion changes many things that affect most people.

In the grand scheme of things, my views have changed minimally since I've been here. I'm not here to change anyone's mind or to convince anyone to agree with me. That's why I get bored of arguments and forget about threads I was participating in, and don't really care to make time for debates. I'm just here to see different perspectives. And from what I've seen, most people stick to their views despite a debate about it.
GMDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 1:58:01 AM
well, GM is a chess term meaning "Grand master." si my username, theoritically means the grand master of debaters.
We're both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 2:00:45 AM
Well I was wondering about askbob's name but since he hasn't given any hints I will take a stab at it. His real name is Robert, hence the Bob. We should ask him because he is very wise like Aslan, who is a lion, askbob looks like a lion apparantly, he also look-a like a man (could resist). Anyway I wonder about the origins of cliff.stamp and why merda would choose his username.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 2:07:54 AM
At 6/26/2011 2:04:05 AM, nonentity wrote:
Askbob, is Bob your real name?

That is a good question and was just thought about that after I posted it. Nonentity sounds like a refutation of Cartesian philosophy.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 2:15:15 AM
At 6/26/2011 2:10:01 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
F*ck. nonentity, I can't actually remember your previous username. Like, I know you, and am totally familiar with you before the change, but totally forgot.

TulleKrazy
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 2:16:20 AM
I had a previous account named freedomaniac. While I had it someone called me Freedo for short(I think it was belle) and I liked the sound of it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 2:20:21 AM
At 6/26/2011 2:16:20 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I had a previous account named freedomaniac. While I had it someone called me Freedo for short(I think it was belle) and I liked the sound of it.

Yeah, I remember that. I thought you were a pretentious, egotistical douche, and you unfriended me because I was a huge fascist. Good times.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 2:20:58 AM
Eh, I thought it sounded cool at the time but now I think its kind of dumb. The two words dont even flow well. I wont change it, but if I could it would be something much more simple, probably one syllable.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 2:21:48 AM
At 6/26/2011 2:19:28 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 6/26/2011 2:15:15 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 6/26/2011 2:10:01 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
F*ck. nonentity, I can't actually remember your previous username. Like, I know you, and am totally familiar with you before the change, but totally forgot.

TulleKrazy

RIGHT.

When I first saw her new username and saw it was her, I thought it was a malfunction with the site.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 2:23:03 AM
At 6/26/2011 2:20:21 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Yeah, I remember that. I thought you were a pretentious, egotistical douche, and you unfriended me because I was a huge fascist. Good times.

Oh yeah, haha. Wow, I've changed a whole a lot. I don't give a sh!t what people's views are anymore.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2011 9:22:04 AM

Same for me. I wish I had just changed it to "Tulle" because that's what everyone called me anyway.