Jump to topic:

Goodbye, DDO

Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 9:53:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
In the spirit of all the DDOers leaving, I wanted to make a thread just in case Brainmaster decides his time has come.

Brainmaster, I don't want you to have to worry about the trouble of starting a good-bye thread if someday you have to make that painful decision, so here it is.

From everyone here at DDO, we'll all miss you (when you go).
kfc
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 9:58:31 AM
At 6/29/2011 9:53:31 AM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
In the spirit of all the DDOers leaving, I wanted to make a thread just in case Brainmaster decides his time has come.

Brainmaster, I don't want you to have to worry about the trouble of starting a good-bye thread if someday you have to make that painful decision, so here it is.

You're leaving?
Kfc.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 9:58:36 AM

9/10
The last part is blatantly false.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 10:00:06 AM
I haven't been around much... What information am I missing?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 10:00:56 AM
At 6/29/2011 10:00:06 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Brain isn't the most popular chap.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 10:06:36 AM
At 6/29/2011 10:00:56 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

Brain isn't the most popular chap.:

Ah... Well, may he take these parting words to heart.

"Never sh*t where you eat."
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 10:07:58 AM
At 6/29/2011 10:06:36 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Unfortunately, he isn't actually going yet =(
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 10:13:03 AM
At 6/29/2011 10:07:58 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

But when he does, it'll be a day of celebration and joy for the rest of us online.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 10:16:07 AM
At 6/29/2011 10:13:03 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/29/2011 10:07:58 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

But when he does, it'll be a day of celebration and joy for the rest of us online.
Kfc.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 10:16:15 AM
that day will be called VD Day= Victory for Debate.org Day!!! We will celebrate all over the site!!!
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 10:21:17 AM
If Brainmaster doesn't decide now, then I guess it's time for us to "convince" him that it so.

Judging from Brainmaster's own personality, I guess a "good-bye thread" would be too mushy for him. Perhaps, a forum where we can post rap musics saying 'Goodbye, you dawg!', would be more appropriate for him. I don't know.

Oh my, what a lie! Instead of missing, we'll be celebrating!

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 10:22:13 AM
At 6/29/2011 10:16:15 AM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
that day will be called VD Day= Victory for Debate.org Day!!! We will celebrate all over the site!!!

Great suggesting. To top it all of, we'll have a couple of glasses of wine plus a fun activity: throwing darts at pictures of trolls. One troll is down, a few more to go.

Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 10:24:16 AM
At 6/29/2011 10:22:13 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/29/2011 10:16:15 AM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:

Great suggesting. To top it all of, we'll have a couple of glasses of wine plus a fun activity: throwing darts at pictures of trolls. One troll is down, a few more to go.

I drove away Koopin, all other trolls can suck mine.
Kfc.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 11:40:49 AM
At 6/29/2011 11:07:06 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Holy sh1t I was scared for a second that Rob1_billion was leaving. My heart stopped for a couple of seconds.

this
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 1:18:44 PM
At 6/29/2011 10:24:16 AM, Brainmaster wrote:

Even before you made the claim, I figured as much... How long is Koopin going to stick around and listen to n****r jokes? I doubt any single one of them truly offended him, but, being black, that had to have started to wear on him. Being one of the few blacks on here, it's kind of impossible for him not to bear the burden of them, if you think about it. Unfortunately, he knew that feeding the troll wasn't an option (he's not the type to defend/lash out in the first place anyway), which means he really has nothing to do but leave. I reported your racist posts and nothing was done, not that, I guess, anything really can be done. Oh well.
kfc
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 1:30:22 PM
At 6/29/2011 1:24:13 PM, Mirza wrote:
I scared away Koopin, I said I'm from Mars.
Not true. I heard martians have brains.

The implication is that Brainmaster doesn't have brains. Kind of ironic if you consider his username.

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 2:40:34 PM
At 6/29/2011 1:18:44 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

Even before you made the claim, I figured as much... How long is Koopin going to stick around and listen to n****r jokes? I doubt any single one of them truly offended him, but, being black, that had to have started to wear on him. Being one of the few blacks on here, it's kind of impossible for him not to bear the burden of them, if you think about it. Unfortunately, he knew that feeding the troll wasn't an option (he's not the type to defend/lash out in the first place anyway), which means he really has nothing to do but leave. I reported your racist posts and nothing was done, not that, I guess, anything really can be done. Oh well.

Posts on threads can be deleted. I've seen it before.

The question is how has he not been banned yet?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 2:41:26 PM
At 6/29/2011 2:40:34 PM, phantom wrote:
At 6/29/2011 1:18:44 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

Posts on threads can be deleted. I've seen it before.

The question is how has he not been banned yet?

I had Innomen defend me in exchange for some suggestions he could give to the mods
Kfc.
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 4:54:48 PM

Well, I think I'm leaving, at least for now.

With Koopin gone, there's really no reason to stick around.

I may return for an UTW or Tv's tourney , but until then, cheers!

To members:

Koopin- KFC!

Innomen- You really are gay is every sense.

Can't think of much more. I'm leaving it at that.
Kfc.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 5:02:50 PM
I apologize to the members of this site for having defended Brain to juggle and kept him as a member. Although it appears that he has left voluntarily, I contacted Zack, and he would have been banned tomorrow morning anyway.

I would also like to say that i made every effort to bring him on board and become a productive member, and he refused.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 5:12:18 PM

10/10
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 5:13:49 PM
At 6/29/2011 5:02:50 PM, innomen wrote:
I apologize to the members of this site for having defended Brain to juggle and kept him as a member. Although it appears that he has left voluntarily, I contacted Zack, and he would have been banned tomorrow morning anyway.

I would also like to say that i made every effort to bring him on board and become a productive member, and he refused.

Unproductive members should always be mentored before we jump into banning them. You did the right thing and he's gone now anyway.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 5:14:35 PM
haha thegodhand will only come back unfortunately. I've pursued him relentlessly but let up this time because he wasn't spamming.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 5:22:53 PM
At 6/29/2011 5:14:35 PM, askbob wrote:
haha thegodhand will only come back unfortunately. I've pursued him relentlessly but let up this time because he wasn't spamming.

Not spamming?????

Anyway, innomen took care of it. Too bad innomen couldn't help him, but he tried.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 5:24:09 PM
At 6/29/2011 5:22:53 PM, jharry wrote:
At 6/29/2011 5:14:35 PM, askbob wrote:

Not spamming?????

haha not the degree or severity he was when he was thegodhand