Total Posts:73|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Izbo10

Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:39:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I cannot understand how dense this member is. I am sorry if I offend you with my behavior, and my comments of this profile, but I believe that this man cannot stop or restrain himself from making such ad hominem statements. You might say that I myself have become as bad as him. However, that is false. I am not as willing to curse at someone, call them an idiot, describe someone as a "lost puppy", give nicknames to others, and so on. I think the best way to really get this guy down is to stop responding to him. After all, three weeks of pressure on him isn't enough! Reformed.Arsenal, Cliff.Stamp, Medic, KeyTarHero, and so on (including myself) have argued with Izbo10, but surely the fool he is fails to recognize this.

I suggest signing a petition to really stop commenting with this guy. He's great stain on this website, and any defense for him might fail to convince me to stop this petition. If anyone would like to defend Izbo10, then feel free to send me a PM or post it here. I'm open to new ideas and would consider what you say in his defense. But, like the rest of the trolls, I suggest that he'd go away, be banned, or at least change his behavior. But after reading and reviewing three-weeks of him, that man, Mr. Bozo (as RA calls him), is surely not going to change.

Here is the petition. There are thirty members.

1. Man-Is-Good
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
0.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.

Please note that my rude comments are usually directed to people whom I extremely dislike. Izbo10 is one of them, unfortunately.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:42:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 4:41:16 PM, interrogator wrote:
Man Is Good. Who gives a crap about your little high school drama here at
DDO. Get a life ! And forget the name stuff. Gee.

Interrogator, I'm not in the mood.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:45:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. Man-Is-Good
2. Contradiction
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
0.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:47:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You're fvcking retarded.

So is anyone who makes a topic like this.

If you are asking for everyone to ignore someone because you think they are a troll, you are still feeding the troll.

The "troll" controversy on these forums has gotten out of hand. You all fail at the internet.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:48:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I advocate freedom of expression, which includes freedom of speech. I must decline.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:51:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 4:47:56 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
You're fvcking retarded.
Thanks.


So is anyone who makes a topic like this.
Thanks again.

If you are asking for everyone to ignore someone because you think they are a troll, you are still feeding the troll.
Izbo10 sure is a troll alright. I suggest reading his comments and see how much he has angered me and everyone else.


The "troll" controversy on these forums has gotten out of hand. You all fail at the internet.
It has. Thank you for pointing that out. Now please, since I am retarded, by default, I guess that you decline. It must be wrong since you said so.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Minuteman
Posts: 238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:52:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Depends, what's he up to? Is he simply making intellectual comments that could be interpreted as hate material or is he making spam out of it?
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:53:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 4:51:38 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:47:56 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
You're fvcking retarded.
Thanks.


So is anyone who makes a topic like this.
Thanks again.
I suggest giving your opinion to different matters.

If you are asking for everyone to ignore someone because you think they are a troll, you are still feeding the troll.
Then how do we stop 'feeding the troll'?
Izbo10 sure is a troll alright. I suggest reading his comments and see how much he has angered me and everyone else.


The "troll" controversy on these forums has gotten out of hand. You all fail at the internet.
Well, I am sorry if I failed to recognize that there are obviously a lot of people who I am going to disagree with. I take it that I am retarded and so probably won't be good at the internet. Alright, great defense for Izbo10.
It has. Thank you for pointing that out. Now please, since I am retarded, by default, I guess that you decline. It must be wrong since you said so.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:55:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 4:52:43 PM, Minuteman wrote:
Depends, what's he up to? Is he simply making intellectual comments that could be interpreted as hate material or is he making spam out of it?

Whatever is his intention, he is obviously up to no good. I can't say that you can describe his comments as intellectual if they consist of insults, poor English, nicknaming, ad hominem attacks, and especially all this misuse of the word 'logic'.

But obviously, I am biased, but I suggest asking him or trying to see how he's like during an online conversation.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Minuteman
Posts: 238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:56:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 4:55:28 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:52:43 PM, Minuteman wrote:
Depends, what's he up to? Is he simply making intellectual comments that could be interpreted as hate material or is he making spam out of it?

Whatever is his intention, he is obviously up to no good. I can't say that you can describe his comments as intellectual if they consist of insults, poor English, nicknaming, ad hominem attacks, and especially all this misuse of the word 'logic'.

But obviously, I am biased, but I suggest asking him or trying to see how he's like during an online conversation.

If it's not intellectual in its build, it has no place on intellectual forums regardless of its content, so what the hell, sign me up.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:57:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 4:48:21 PM, Tiel wrote:
I advocate freedom of expression, which includes freedom of speech. I must decline.

Freedom of expression does have its limits, especially in regard to its content. But your reason is fair, not like someone else who loves to say I'm retarded.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:59:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 4:51:38 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
It must be wrong since you said so.

That's some pretty bad logic there, buddy.

Instead of getting butthurt because I'm speaking casual with you, realize that I am making sense, and you are being a dipsh!t right now. I say so because I loves you(In a completely platonic not get me sent to jail way that isn't gay)

You are taking this guy too seriously. Just block him, ignore him, and move on.

And sure, you could point out how I'm being an idiot for posting in this topic, and perpetuating this stupidity, but then you'd be missing the point. My death will be in vain. You don't want that on your conscience.

*chokes on a stick of deodorant, and then gets ran over by a giant boulder
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:59:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have been ignoring izbo for the most part lately, and I have got to be honest MIG, the way you keep responding to him tends to egg him on.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:59:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. Man-Is-Good
2. Contradiction
3. Minuteman
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
0.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.

Remember, we just ignore him. I don't agree with Cosmic's view. Either way, discussing and arguing with him is also 'feeding the troll'. However, this method doesn't include the chance of us getting exhausted after responding to his comments.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Minuteman
Posts: 238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 4:59:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 4:57:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:48:21 PM, Tiel wrote:
I advocate freedom of expression, which includes freedom of speech. I must decline.

Freedom of expression does have its limits, especially in regard to its content. But your reason is fair, not like someone else who loves to say I'm retarded.

Freedom of expression does not have limits in its exsitence, it simply has constraints that should be put on an intellectual forum. Specifically, it should make sense, whether you disagree or not.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:01:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 4:59:05 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:51:38 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
It must be wrong since you said so.


That's some pretty bad logic there, buddy.
I'm not the best in logic.

Instead of getting butthurt because I'm speaking casual with you, realize that I am making sense, and you are being a dipsh!t right now. I say so because I loves you(In a completely platonic not get me sent to jail way that isn't gay)

You are taking this guy too seriously. Just block him, ignore him, and move on.
I already did. But, let's hope he won't ruin the enjoyment of others.

And sure, you could point out how I'm being an idiot for posting in this topic, and perpetuating this stupidity, but then you'd be missing the point. My death will be in vain. You don't want that on your conscience.
I didn't. And I recognize how. This petition is a way for me to stop commenting with him.

*chokes on a stick of deodorant, and then gets ran over by a giant boulder
What? Where did the stick of deodorant come from? And the giant boulder?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:01:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 4:57:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:48:21 PM, Tiel wrote:
I advocate freedom of expression, which includes freedom of speech. I must decline.

Freedom of expression does have its limits, especially in regard to its content. But your reason is fair, not like someone else who loves to say I'm retarded.

Actually, I think izbo has a right to say what he wants, it just makes him look like a fool.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:02:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 4:59:26 PM, BennyW wrote:
I have been ignoring izbo for the most part lately, and I have got to be honest MIG, the way you keep responding to him tends to egg him on.

And that's why I've decided to stop. This petition is only a way as a promise to stop responding to him, and getting involved.

This is the best way I can think of in responding to Izbo. And I do realize that I did get personal with him, so that might explain his attitude to me.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:03:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 4:57:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:48:21 PM, Tiel wrote:
I advocate freedom of expression, which includes freedom of speech. I must decline.

Freedom of expression does have its limits, especially in regard to its content. But your reason is fair, not like someone else who loves to say I'm retarded.

Thank you for understanding.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:04:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 5:01:40 PM, BennyW wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:57:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:48:21 PM, Tiel wrote:
I advocate freedom of expression, which includes freedom of speech. I must decline.

Freedom of expression does have its limits, especially in regard to its content. But your reason is fair, not like someone else who loves to say I'm retarded.

Actually, I think izbo has a right to say what he wants, it just makes him look like a fool.

He could. But not with so much 'foolishness'.

How about this? I'll recant on one of my previous statements. He can say what he wants. But I won't be around to read it, or even want to respond it. Anyone who wishes to just avoid him and ban him before he starts ruining debates, might sign up. Cosmic, is that better--a bit?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:06:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 5:03:18 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:57:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:48:21 PM, Tiel wrote:
I advocate freedom of expression, which includes freedom of speech. I must decline.

Freedom of expression does have its limits, especially in regard to its content. But your reason is fair, not like someone else who loves to say I'm retarded.

Thank you for understanding.

The petition is merely just a pledge to avoid him, now. If he does something incriminating, such as advertising, or even posting hate content [which he might have], then we have our reason to ban him. Personally, I might have gotten too angry at him lately, so this will be just be a promise to stop Izbo10 from constantly harassing me. Plus, if anyone else wants to ban him, feel free to do so. I wouldn't mind since thinking about Izbo10 is a great pain. It kept me all night after responding to his debate.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Minuteman
Posts: 238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:08:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 5:06:40 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/30/2011 5:03:18 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:57:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:48:21 PM, Tiel wrote:
I advocate freedom of expression, which includes freedom of speech. I must decline.

Freedom of expression does have its limits, especially in regard to its content. But your reason is fair, not like someone else who loves to say I'm retarded.

Thank you for understanding.

The petition is merely just a pledge to avoid him, now. If he does something incriminating, such as advertising, or even posting hate content [which he might have], then we have our reason to ban him. Personally, I might have gotten too angry at him lately, so this will be just be a promise to stop Izbo10 from constantly harassing me. Plus, if anyone else wants to ban him, feel free to do so. I wouldn't mind since thinking about Izbo10 is a great pain. It kept me all night after responding to his debate.

Depends on what you call hate content. Racism does not equal hate content if it's legitimately argued.
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:12:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 5:04:12 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

But I won't be around to read it, or even want to respond it.

Just report his behavior. If the mods agree they will take action, if they don't then they feel it his actions are ok, since your opinion differs just ignore him. He wants you to insult him, note how he completely ignored me when it became obvious I wasn't upset and in fact was amused. He doesn't want to make people happy, he wants to make them upset. Trolls are not complicated, ignore them and they will ramp up behavior to get your attention and then burn themselves out.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:12:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 5:08:41 PM, Minuteman wrote:
At 6/30/2011 5:06:40 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/30/2011 5:03:18 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:57:35 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 6/30/2011 4:48:21 PM, Tiel wrote:
I advocate freedom of expression, which includes freedom of speech. I must decline.

Freedom of expression does have its limits, especially in regard to its content. But your reason is fair, not like someone else who loves to say I'm retarded.

Thank you for understanding.

The petition is merely just a pledge to avoid him, now. If he does something incriminating, such as advertising, or even posting hate content [which he might have], then we have our reason to ban him. Personally, I might have gotten too angry at him lately, so this will be just be a promise to stop Izbo10 from constantly harassing me. Plus, if anyone else wants to ban him, feel free to do so. I wouldn't mind since thinking about Izbo10 is a great pain. It kept me all night after responding to his debate.

Depends on what you call hate content. Racism does not equal hate content if it's legitimately argued.

Here's an example from Izbo10's comment. Judge it for yourself.
"see man is good, if you are reading this, this is a concession, religion here is doing something good, it is keeping a compassion-less unethical man like reformed from being completely careless about anyone else, you know from using the very evolutionary trait that has helped all of us live, human compassion and working together. I mean seriously our education,communication and working together has been our best survival trait. Unfortunately people like reformed have not evolved past needing sky daddies to keep an eye on them." (http://www.debate.org...)

And here's more, from Mr. izbo: from same link
"wow taking all those courses and have never heard any rebuttals to pascals long debunked wager, are you sure you even graduated high school?" To Reformed Arsenal

""I really am done with you. I don't know why I continue to hope that you will grow up and learn some maturity and respect. For an adult, your behavior is atrocious." Says the guy who has several imaginary friends name yahweh, jesus, and the holy spirit. lol"

This isn't hate content, but this does show his character. I'm having trouble finding where he actually disses religion and God. I'll get back to you later.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:15:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 5:12:18 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/30/2011 5:04:12 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

But I won't be around to read it, or even want to respond it.

Just report his behavior.
I already reported his behavior in a debate, "God is guilty of collusion" for hate content and insulting other members.
If the mods agree they will take action, if they don't then they feel it his actions are ok, since your opinion differs just ignore him. He wants you to insult him, note how he completely ignored me when it became obvious I wasn't upset and in fact was amused. He doesn't want to make people happy, he wants to make them upset.
I agree.
Trolls are not complicated, ignore them and they will ramp up behavior to get your attention and then burn themselves out.
Cliff, I changed the purpose of the petition. Let's just hope that the rest of the community realizes that ignoring this man will be good. I'm no longer going to try banning him or using some ruthless manner to stop him. Instead, it's better just to ignore him, as Cosmic said. So this petition is just for that.

Everyone is entitled to free speech, despite its limits.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:16:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 5:12:18 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/30/2011 5:04:12 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

But I won't be around to read it, or even want to respond it.

He wants you to insult him, note how he completely ignored me when it became obvious I wasn't upset and in fact was amused.
So, would it better if I just started acting amused and ridiculing him? I guess that would be a good alternative, and it would give me a couple of laughs...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:17:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Welcome to the internets.

You are going to find a lot of people like this.

Personally though, I'd rather give people the freedom. It forces people to grow up instead of waiting for the big cosmic internet daddy to come in and lay down some arbitrary law.

Karma works fine. If someone is a d!ck, no one will like them, and no one will take them seriously. Have some faith, we don't need to unintentionally bring ourselves into some DDO fascist regime. The current anarchy situation is optimal if you ask me, which you didn't.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 5:18:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/30/2011 5:15:33 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Everyone is entitled to free speech, despite its limits.

Cody might contest that as would Grape, it would make for an interesting debate.