Jump to topic:

Need a debate topic

tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 1:45:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm bored and have thusfar only been involved in 5 debates, and most of them were forfeited. The problem is I'm having a hard time coming up with a resolution for a topic that I know stuff about or am interested in. I'm agnostic and I enjoy hunting and shooting firearms and a bow. There's probably other stuff that I can't think of (it's 1:43 in the morning) so if anybody has a topic to debate throw it out here and I'll see if it's something I already know about or am willing to learn.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 1:51:07 AM
Things I would be willing to debate with you specifically.

Resolved: That the death penalty is a justified form of punishment.- Con

Resolved: That abortion is immoral.- Con

Resolved: That there should be no restrictions on the right to burn an American flag.- Pro
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 1:56:47 AM
Unfortunately we agree on two and I'm mixed on cap. punishment.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 2:14:36 AM
Your profile says your against abortion and flag burning. I am for both of those.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 3:53:26 AM
You could do a silly one. One of my first debates was 'we should go back in time and kill Hitler'. If you're interested in firearms, I'm sure you could come up with something interesting to do with that.
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 11:04:22 AM
At 7/2/2011 2:14:36 AM, Tim_Spin wrote:
Your profile says your against abortion and flag burning. I am for both of those.

I haven't updated my profile in a while.
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 11:08:04 AM
At 7/2/2011 3:53:26 AM, Kinesis wrote:
You could do a silly one. One of my first debates was 'we should go back in time and kill Hitler'. If you're interested in firearms, I'm sure you could come up with something interesting to do with that.

Yeah it'd be easy to do a firearms debate but there are few firearms related debates that haven't been done a million times. If I do one that I've seen multiple times it kind of takes away the fun of trying to compose my own arguments. I'd just be repeating what someone else said.