DDO Users' Union Chapter 1

Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:13:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Solidarity Comrades!

We don't need everyone. If we could get 15 of the core users it would be enough. Basically we'd do what all unions do: refuse to work until our demands are met.

Clarifications?

"Refuse to work": End positive participation in DDO's public community. Continue PMing and continue games, but do not contribute to substantive public discussion. Do not engage in substantive debates. Do not do anything positive for the community.

Right now its 80% troll, 20% maybe-not-troll-maybe-maybe. We'd turn it into 95+% troll. Trolls are bad for juggle because they halt and reverse long term community growth. We'd just be accelerating it.

If you want you can still post just troll really hard.

"Demands are Met:" YEAH WE'RE A UNION WE CAN DEMAND WHATEVER WE WANT!

Obviously we'd demand that mod/admin functions would be upregulated. We don't really care how as long as the results improve the local air quality. We'd be willing to work with juggle to give elected officials banhammer powers and stuff.

This has also been a giant waste of our time, so we demand satisfaction! But dueling is illegal so... in an effort to incentivize people to join the union, we could hold out for $20 paypal transfers to our accounts. That would total $300 to juggle, a measly sum to them (and to some of us), but it would prove a point. Maybe. But it would be cool.

Thoughts here. If enough discussion and enthusiasm is generated I'll make another thread for signups. I don't necessarily want to be the leader. I just have ideas occasionally.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:20:59 PM
I think it would be fun, but I'm not sure it it'll work. If Juggle and the mods never check up on the site anymore, how would they find out that its become a troll-fest in the first place? Also, you could call this place a troll-fest rght now, yet still nothing has happened. What harm does Juggle suffer if the place becomes a bigger troll-fest? Why would they care if site quality diminishes? Do we make money for them?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:25:39 PM
I (of course they just can't spend 20 mins and remove this all caps filter).
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:27:46 PM
At 7/4/2011 7:20:59 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I think it would be fun, but I'm not sure it it'll work. If Juggle and the mods never check up on the site anymore, how would they find out that its become a troll-fest in the first place? Also, you could call this place a troll-fest rght now, yet still nothing has happened. What harm does Juggle suffer if the place becomes a bigger troll-fest? Why would they care if site quality diminishes? Do we make money for them?

This place is a troll fest right now. But there are a few last vestiges of redeeming intelligence. We'd eliminate those.

I don't see any real harm to the Union users because we all already know each other and can continue via PM.

You're right Juggle might not care... which would be kind of weird because they basically acquired this website for no reason.

Maybe juggle just wanted the domain name for their own website. But rather than destroy a healthy user base outright, they decided to sponsor a bunch of trolls to do it and get us to leave. That way they can do whatever they want with the domain without risking any PR blowback from destroying a healthy forum. Maybe.
Things that are so interesting:

jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:36:20 PM
I'm not joining but I was thinking if this very thing, but I dont consider myself a "core" member.

Wouldn't the site still "work" if everyone is still logging in and using forums? Even if it is just using the game threads?

I was thinking little more drastic, like deactivatling accounts for a time. Kinda like a strike. That might really get their attintion.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:40:48 PM
At 7/4/2011 7:36:20 PM, jharry wrote:
I'm not joining but I was thinking if this very thing, but I dont consider myself a "core" member.

Wouldn't the site still "work" if everyone is still logging in and using forums? Even if it is just using the game threads?

I was thinking little more drastic, like deactivatling accounts for a time. Kinda like a strike. That might really get their attintion.

Reminds me of Atlas Shrugged. :P
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:47:45 PM
you're well up the among the most arrogant d1ckheads i've ever had the displeasure of meeting sieben. 80% trolls, seriously? and you figure juggle would crack, get rid of 80% of it's users, for you and a few more pompous arseholes? it sounds like it'd just be you lot leaving to me... only devastatingly to this site you're so looking to improve, well if you did manage to bring a considerable few that is... i'm not saying you shouldn't just go. maybe you might wanna lay off the steroids for a while anyway? they seem to be going to your head..
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:51:08 PM
what's the problem anyway? something about silly debates being shown on the main page? what else? you don't want people posting their favourite movies, making jokes or the like in the forums? what?

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:53:06 PM
Problems with the admin:

I agree with badger. The site isn't 80% trolls. There are problems however.

1. Not taking care of site bugs (brainmasters old debate challenges remain in the cue for acceptance), pm alert, etc.
2. not removing love-spammers quickly taking days to do a 2 second task
3. Ignoring many easy feature improvements for the site that would make things more enjoyable.
4. 3-4 weeks to remove clear spam debates.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:54:10 PM
also simple coding like making the front page have popular debates has been ignored
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:54:34 PM
Anarchosyndicapitalism?

I don't even...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GMDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:57:03 PM
agree...I have announced that next election, I am running.
I'll make sure an admin feature is installed
I'll ban the trouble makers and remove posts
Fix any bugs
Listen to DDO community
Treat everyone with respect
We're both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:58:29 PM
At 7/4/2011 7:57:03 PM, GMDebater wrote:
Fix any bugs
Listen to DDO community

it's not the DDO president who really is at fault, it's Juggle (site admin) who have a do-nothing-ddo is not a priority attitude
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 7:59:51 PM
introducing the elo rating system as an electronic fixture wouldn't be all that hard either would you think askbob? i figure that'd make the most improvement to this site, in terms of intellectual substance anyway.

GMDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:00:10 PM
At 7/4/2011 7:58:29 PM, askbob wrote:
Fix any bugs
Listen to DDO community

it's not the DDO president who really is at fault, it's Juggle (site admin) who have a do-nothing-ddo is not a priority attitude

Who's the owner? If they dont listen, I'll work on my own debate site!
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:01:14 PM
At 7/4/2011 7:59:51 PM, el-badgero wrote:
introducing the elo rating system as an electronic fixture wouldn't be all that hard either would you think askbob? i figure that'd make the most improvement to this site, in terms of intellectual substance anyway.

i completely agree and have already sent that to the mod as the number one priority in moderate coding projects

However Juggle has told us that this site is "not a priority because it works" and will not code that among plenty of other mutually agreeable changes to the site.
GMDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:01:53 PM
At 7/4/2011 8:01:14 PM, askbob wrote:

i completely agree and have already sent that to the mod as the number one priority in moderate coding projects

However Juggle has told us that this site is "not a priority because it works" and will not code that among plenty of other mutually agreeable changes to the site.

BOYCOTT DDO! o
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:02:50 PM
At 7/4/2011 8:01:14 PM, askbob wrote:

which makes argument for sieben's plan i suppose... he's still a wanker though.

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:03:25 PM
At 7/4/2011 8:00:10 PM, GMDebater wrote:
At 7/4/2011 7:58:29 PM, askbob wrote:
Fix any bugs
Listen to DDO community

Who's the owner? If they dont listen, I'll work on my own debate site!

http://www.juggle.com...
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:08:38 PM
i really don't see the problem with spam debates, short of there being some limit as to how many the site can save or something... and of course in trolls wrecking serious debates, but then that doesn't happen all that often to my knowledge?

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:09:24 PM
we should however still set fire to brainmaster.

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:12:13 PM
At 7/4/2011 8:08:38 PM, el-badgero wrote:
i really don't see the problem with spam debates, short of there being some limit as to how many the site can save or something... and of course in trolls wrecking serious debates, but then that doesn't happen all that often to my knowledge?

the main problem is that they're on the front page and turn away serious debaters who are wondering if this site is a good site to debate on.

They are a secondary problem in that when new members join the site and create serious debates, they get the opponent to accept and then they write a long well thought out argument and then their opponent replies with something like "lol no they suck vote CON"

It turns away those who are trying to debate.

Also when someone searches debate.org and see sample debates in the search results they get things like "You just lost the game LOL"

Most members who say they join the site say they found it via google search.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:12:31 PM
At 7/4/2011 8:09:24 PM, el-badgero wrote:
we should however still set fire to brainmaster.

i already did, he's gone for good.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:19:34 PM
askbob you just like playing the vigilante.

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:20:44 PM
At 7/4/2011 8:19:34 PM, el-badgero wrote:
askbob you just like playing the vigilante.

after he's been banned 3 times and keeps coming back with the same behavior it's either vigilante justice or blocking everyone in the florida area and then suffering when he uses proxies.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:28:32 PM
do you think many more deserve what brain got?

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:31:39 PM
At 7/4/2011 8:28:32 PM, el-badgero wrote:
do you think many more deserve what brain got?

I don't understand, do you mean do I think there are more in need of vigilante justice at this time? Not that I'm currently aware of.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:32:34 PM
I think the lovespammers deserve it, but africa is outside of my reach.