Jump to topic:

Another

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 12:12:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
well this is getting a bit ridiculous. i blame sieben anyway. but i get the deactivating thing. i find this place a fairly immense distraction. i do hope she comes back.
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 12:20:00 PM
At 7/5/2011 12:06:43 PM, innomen wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

I think she's going through some stuff, and may come back. However, when that's the case i don't understand deactivating.

Dangit nonentity, why did you have to go?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 12:29:29 PM
At 7/5/2011 12:23:29 PM, Sieben wrote:
At 7/5/2011 12:12:22 PM, el-badgero wrote:
i blame sieben anyway.

Nonentity and I were friends.

I don't know why el-badgero insists on anatgonizing Sieben. Is it a matter of personal dislike for each other.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 12:32:57 PM
At 7/5/2011 12:29:29 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
i blame sieben anyway.

I don't know why el-badgero insists on anatgonizing Sieben. Is it a matter of personal dislike for each other.

He's pissed off because everything I say about him is right. He's completely worthless. A lot of members find his antics amusing, but he's not a serious participant. He's like that kid with downs syndrome you have to be nice to. Except I don't feel like patronizing him.
Things that are so interesting:

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 12:38:42 PM
Nonentity gone as well now? She was good, I liked her.

By the way, is Lovelife still about? I haven't seen her post anything for a while and she used to be all over this site like a rash.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 12:42:52 PM
At 7/5/2011 12:32:57 PM, Sieben wrote:
i blame sieben anyway.

He's pissed off because everything I say about him is right. He's completely worthless. A lot of members find his antics amusing, but he's not a serious participant. He's like that kid with downs syndrome you have to be nice to. Except I don't feel like patronizing him.

sieben the only thing that pisses me off about you is your actions on this forum in general. i couldn't care less what you've said about me. i'd consider you the root cause of cliff having left with your voting block elitist (highly arrogant) bullsh1t.. i really actually wouldn't rate you or care about you at all besides that.. i'd nearly even go so far as to consider you quite the idiot, or at least severely emotionally damaged, or just something. i don't know.. i don't get you and why you've to be such a wanker the whole time.. and even then i don't usually see you being all that justified in being the wanker. you suffer delusions of grandeur my friend.

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 12:43:52 PM
At 7/5/2011 12:38:42 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Nonentity gone as well now? She was good, I liked her.

By the way, is Lovelife still about? I haven't seen her post anything for a while and she used to be all over this site like a rash.

She weaned herself off. I see her on FB, well until i hit the don't show so much button.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 12:48:45 PM
This site will be down to Freedo and Badger by the end of the year.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 12:50:08 PM
At 7/5/2011 12:42:52 PM, el-badgero wrote:

sieben the only thing that pisses me off about you is your actions on this forum in general. i couldn't care less what you've said about me. i'd consider you the root cause of cliff having left with your voting block elitist (highly arrogant) bullsh1t..

First, Cliff wasn't that smart. He has difficult following simple trains of thought, even his own. The only reason you think he's smart is because he says he knows about physics and stuff. I actually challenged his interpretation of QM once because it was WRONG and he never got back to me.

Cliff is one of those people who will give you a serious answer if he is winning the argument, and will troll or run away if he's losing. There are many of them on this website.

Second, Cliff's departure did not take place around any of our conflicts. Cliff knows that if he just stays out of my way I won't hound him. I am not his problem.

Lastly, I am not arrogant. I know exactly where I stand. Confidence is only called arrogance by the weak and impotent. Don't drag me down with you. I'm not a retard.

i really actually wouldn't rate you or care about you at all besides that.. i'd nearly even go so far as to consider you quite the idiot, or at least severely emotionally damaged, or just something. i don't know.. i don't get you and why you've to be such a wanker the whole time.. and even then i don't usually see you being all that justified in being the wanker. you suffer delusions of grandeur my friend.

People waste my time and piss all over the place with their forum posts and votes. Its ridiculous. I'd waste your time if I thought it would help you understand, but from what I can see, your time is worth less than nothing.

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 12:52:46 PM
At 7/5/2011 12:32:57 PM, Sieben wrote:
i blame sieben anyway.

sieben the only thing that pisses me off about you is your actions on this forum in general. i couldn't care less what you've said about me. i'd consider you the root cause of cliff having left with your voting block elitist (highly arrogant) bullsh1t

True, that was the last straw with him. However, i will defend the reporting bloc.
.. i really actually wouldn't rate you or care about you at all besides that.. i'd nearly even go so far as to consider you quite the idiot, or at least severely emotionally damaged, or just something. i don't know.. i don't get you and why you've to be such a wanker
Also true. Sieben is often a "wanker", at least that's how he comes off. However, i will (and have) defend Sieben for certain unique qualities he brings. However, i do wish he would restrain himself, particularly now.
the whole time.. and even then i don't usually see you being all that justified in being the wanker. you suffer delusions of grandeur my friend.
Also true, he's uncommonly arrogant. However with that he isn't afraid to put forth unpopular or even ridiculous positions and arguments.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 1:18:48 PM
At 7/5/2011 12:50:08 PM, Sieben wrote:

sieben the only thing that pisses me off about you is your actions on this forum in general. i couldn't care less what you've said about me. i'd consider you the root cause of cliff having left with your voting block elitist (highly arrogant) bullsh1t..

First, Cliff wasn't that smart. He has difficult following simple trains of thought, even his own. The only reason you think he's smart is because he says he knows about physics and stuff. I actually challenged his interpretation of QM once because it was WRONG and he never got back to me.

who said i thought he was smart :P ..though i do very much think so. even geniuses can be wrong. it's a part of learning. but the reason i loved cliff was for his attitude. he was friendly, helpful and funny. the most helpful member of ddo without a doubt. and the greatest loss ddo will ever suffer if he doesn't come back without a doubt.

Cliff is one of those people who will give you a serious answer if he is winning the argument, and will troll or run away if he's losing. There are many of them on this website.

can't say i actually read all that many of his dialogues to really comment. but the thing is.. what's winning? again, it's all just learning. these are forums and nothing all that serious. and i quite enjoyed what i did witness of his trollery. the man was a comic genius.

Second, Cliff's departure did not take place around any of our conflicts. Cliff knows that if he just stays out of my way I won't hound him. I am not his problem.

i'd think he wasn't too happy with everyone having signed up for the voting block. he seems the indiscriminate type, willing to help and converse with all. a legend!

Lastly, I am not arrogant. I know exactly where I stand. Confidence is only called arrogance by the weak and impotent. Don't drag me down with you. I'm not a retard.

not at all, it might be called arrogance in another man by a better man :) i've not found you all that intelligent, and certainly a wanker more deserving than many to be banned from this site.

i really actually wouldn't rate you or care about you at all besides that.. i'd nearly even go so far as to consider you quite the idiot, or at least severely emotionally damaged, or just something. i don't know.. i don't get you and why you've to be such a wanker the whole time.. and even then i don't usually see you being all that justified in being the wanker. you suffer delusions of grandeur my friend.

People waste my time and piss all over the place with their forum posts and votes. Its ridiculous. I'd waste your time if I thought it would help you understand, but from what I can see, your time is worth less than nothing.

yeah yeah, d1ckhead.

BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 1:19:37 PM
At 7/5/2011 12:06:43 PM, innomen wrote:

I think she's going through some stuff, and may come back. However, when that's the case i don't understand deactivating.

I agree, and that is what I don't get, if I got busy I would just not show up for a while. However, on the other hand it is less distracting when you aren't technically active.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 1:23:06 PM
i find him arrogant and a d1ckhead in his quite obvious beliefs that he's better than everyone else.

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 1:27:25 PM
At 7/5/2011 1:23:06 PM, el-badgero wrote:
i find him arrogant and a d1ckhead in his quite obvious beliefs that he's better than everyone else.

and i know i implied myself a better man than him in the post before this.. but there wouldn't be many i'd put below him ;)

OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 1:46:42 PM
Cliff's loss was huge. I have no idea what Sieben is going on about Cliff not being intelligent, or not being that smart, however you put it. The guy has taught college-level physics courses, and there's a page for him on ratemyprofessors.com. I also don't know what you mean by whether if Cliff, or anyone user for the matter, "stays out of my way" - what does that mean? Do you carry this on IRL?

For the record, most of the posts I've seen of el-badgero have been pretty stupid. That said, I have no idea how intelligent he actually is nor have I ever resorted to ad hominem attacks or made my stance public about the quality of a user's posts because I generally find it isn't worth the time and certainly IRL I'm not saying exactly what's on my mind, completely unfiltered.

The forum has taken a big hit with all these departures and I probably won't be on as much after I finish my debate on Objective Beauty. Obviously I wouldn't close my account though.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 1:54:18 PM
for the record, i have an extremely large penis.

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:19:57 PM
on second thought, i'm not really in the mood for jokes.

BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:31:57 PM
At 7/5/2011 1:46:42 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Cliff's loss was huge. I have no idea what Sieben is going on about Cliff not being intelligent, or not being that smart, however you put it. The guy has taught college-level physics courses, and there's a page for him on ratemyprofessors.com. I also don't know what you mean by whether if Cliff, or anyone user for the matter, "stays out of my way" - what does that mean? Do you carry this on IRL?

Not to mention he has a 4.5 out of 5 overall rating on ratemyprofessor.com.
For the record, most of the posts I've seen of el-badgero have been pretty stupid. That said, I have no idea how intelligent he actually is nor have I ever resorted to ad hominem attacks or made my stance public about the quality of a user's posts because I generally find it isn't worth the time and certainly IRL I'm not saying exactly what's on my mind, completely unfiltered.

The forum has taken a big hit with all these departures and I probably won't be on as much after I finish my debate on Objective Beauty. Obviously I wouldn't close my account though.

I think that is the way to do it, take a leave of absence but keep your account active so people know you intend to be around.
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:44:41 PM
At 7/5/2011 1:18:48 PM, el-badgero wrote:

who said i thought he was smart :P ..though i do very much think so. even geniuses can be wrong.

Cliff, who supposedly has a PhD in physics, was wrong about QM. The THEORY of QM. The MEANING of QM.

it's a part of learning. but the reason i loved cliff was for his attitude. he was friendly, helpful and funny. the most helpful member of ddo without a doubt. and the greatest loss ddo will ever suffer if he doesn't come back without a doubt.

I never saw cliff do any of that. At best he was neutral. Like I said, he's one of the people who gives you a serious answer if he's winning, but trolls and runs away if he's losing.

can't say i actually read all that many of his dialogues to really comment. but the thing is.. what's winning? again, it's all just learning. these are forums and nothing all that serious. and i quite enjoyed what i did witness of his trollery. the man was a comic genius.

All I saw was vanilla. Cliff was a very whitebread member.

i'd think he wasn't too happy with everyone having signed up for the voting block. he seems the indiscriminate type, willing to help and converse with all. a legend!

That's his problem. It doesn't have anything to do with me being a douchebag. Lots of people joined the thread. If Cliff doesn't think we should report accounts that bombard us with lovespam, idk what to tell you.

not at all, it might be called arrogance in another man by a better man :) i've not found you all that intelligent, and certainly a wanker more deserving than many to be banned from this site.

Trolololol. You wouldn't know intelligence if it hit you in the face. See you have to be able to follow logic in order to identify it, and you can't.

yeah yeah, d1ckhead.

Trolololololololol. I'm badger and I'm not going to contribute anything to DDO, but when Sieben, a member who actually can debate and defend his opinions with a very deep knowledge base, thinks that people without any of those attributes are unhelpful, then I get upset.

At least when I call names they're true.

BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:50:37 PM
At 7/5/2011 12:50:08 PM, Sieben wrote:

I pretty much agree, the forum is where all the drama is happening, otherwise ti would be left between the few people who it involves. Frankly though the forums remind me of high school.
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:56:13 PM
At 7/5/2011 1:46:42 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Cliff's loss was huge. I have no idea what Sieben is going on about Cliff not being intelligent, or not being that smart, however you put it.

You'd think that a physics professor would understand quantum physics. At least like the methodology and stuff. He doesn't. He thought it was a scientific description of universal laws. In actuality QM is a solution strategy based on probabilistics. That's all.

If you hadn't told me he was a professor, I'd say he had an undergraduate liberal arts degree working in a library.

The guy has taught college-level physics courses, and there's a page for him on ratemyprofessors.com.

I have tutored "college level physics". It is very easy. Once you go to college you will figure out that most professors are braindead.

I also don't know what you mean by whether if Cliff, or anyone user for the matter, "stays out of my way" - what does that mean? Do you carry this on IRL?

For example, Cliff often gives incorrect RFDs and it pisses me off when he does so on my debates. Sometimes his RFDs do not even reflect the issues in the debate. So it would be really nice if he would just take his mental problems somewhere else.

EVERYONE engages in my sort of anti-social hostile behavior in real life. If someone text messaged you, or left notes on your cubicle, or walked alongside you in public, and gave you a bunch of piss-poor reasons why you were wrong, you would tell them to go away. If they persisted, you would get a restraining order against them.

Why is it that people think I have to smile and s­hit on the internet? I'm a person.

baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 2:57:37 PM
At 7/5/2011 2:44:41 PM, Sieben wrote:
Cliff, who supposedly has a PhD in physics, was wrong about QM. The THEORY of QM. The MEANING of QM.

Can you provide the link?
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 3:01:55 PM
At 7/5/2011 2:56:13 PM, Sieben wrote:
EVERYONE engages in my sort of anti-social hostile behavior in real life. If someone text messaged you, or left notes on your cubicle, or walked alongside you in public, and gave you a bunch of piss-poor reasons why you were wrong, you would tell them to go away. If they persisted, you would get a restraining order against them.

Nice description of judges who vote on your debates. No wonder voting is a problem at DDO!
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 3:04:17 PM
At 7/5/2011 2:57:37 PM, baggins wrote:
At 7/5/2011 2:44:41 PM, Sieben wrote:

Can you provide the link?

Replace QM with QP (mechanics/physics).

You should also read the debate and pay attention to the points I brought up in my RFD. Cliff really does bring up crap like Bayes Theorem for no reason. No reason at all. Gosh darn is he smart for knowing about it though.