Jump to topic:

The Other DDO Union

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 5:06:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So the quality of the site went down a little at the same time that someone left and it caused everybody to flip-out and go into a domino effect.

Now that the quality of the site has been sufficiently eroded, several members have signed on to an effort to stop all productive activity in the hopes that it will do the opposite.

I could try to make a case for why this wouldn't work...but if I really had to do that, the emotional fire-storm must have already taken too deep of a toll to stop it.

Here's a different idea. How about we increase our productivity to make up for what we have lost? If you're lazy and don't feel like DOING SOMETHING instead of stopping what you are doing(cause that's a lot easier), how about we stop attacking people? How about we stop spamming the site with complaints about how bad things are and how bad a job juggle is doing? Hey, guess what. Juggle doesn't care. Phil didn't care. Do you know why? Because there BUSINESS people. Not intellectuals, not debaters, not our friends and not our personal servants. There is one thing and one thing only that has made this site prosper and that is the quality of the community. Our fate is in our own hands.

What do you say? Lets take back DDO.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 5:23:59 PM
Its the "let's all go back to work at decreased pay and working conditions" union?

I'm interested to hear how you think we can make this a better site by participating more. The trolls make debates a joke because their votes carry as much weight as ours. The trolls derail threads and create many of their own.

We can't win a screaming match with them.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 5:29:44 PM
At 7/5/2011 5:23:59 PM, Sieben wrote:
Its the "let's all go back to work at decreased pay and working conditions" union?

I'm interested to hear how you think we can make this a better site by participating more. The trolls make debates a joke because their votes carry as much weight as ours. The trolls derail threads and create many of their own.

You say "the trolls" as if they are an organized mafia. I do think we out number them and I do think we can tone them out if we put an effort into it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 5:31:57 PM
Happy 5th order of magnitude Freedo.

I think that if the core members increased the quality of their own contributions that it would drag up the quality of the rest of the site.
kfc
MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 5:49:00 PM

Why not just counter there votes that are unreasonable with votes that equal it out to the way it was before they voted. Ignore any troll thread and anything that they post on threads. Problem solved.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 5:51:56 PM
At 7/5/2011 5:49:00 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

Why not just counter there votes that are unreasonable with votes that equal it out to the way it was before they voted. Ignore any troll thread and anything that they post on threads. Problem solved.

Yes, we shall have to be much more organized in not replying to troll threads.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 6:38:57 PM
At 7/5/2011 5:51:56 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/5/2011 5:49:00 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

Yes, we shall have to be much more organized in not replying to troll threads.

this
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2011 7:20:49 PM
At 7/5/2011 5:06:15 PM, FREEDO wrote:
So the quality of the site went down a little at the same time that someone left and it caused everybody to flip-out and go into a domino effect.

Now that the quality of the site has been sufficiently eroded, several members have signed on to an effort to stop all productive activity in the hopes that it will do the opposite.

I could try to make a case for why this wouldn't work...but if I really had to do that, the emotional fire-storm must have already taken too deep of a toll to stop it.

Here's a different idea. How about we increase our productivity to make up for what we have lost? If you're lazy and don't feel like DOING SOMETHING instead of stopping what you are doing(cause that's a lot easier), how about we stop attacking people? How about we stop spamming the site with complaints about how bad things are and how bad a job juggle is doing? Hey, guess what. Juggle doesn't care. Phil didn't care. Do you know why? Because there BUSINESS people. Not intellectuals, not debaters, not our friends and not our personal servants. There is one thing and one thing only that has made this site prosper and that is the quality of the community. Our fate is in our own hands.

What do you say? Lets take back DDO.

While I do respect your sentiments, I do not think you know anything about unions. What makes any union strong is unity. If one union strikes, while other union works double hard - no one will notice a thing. Your efforts are ill timed.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.