Jump to topic:

The what brain looks like thread is gone

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 9:53:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
And they haven't banned askbob!? They stated that any member that shows another members personal information would get banned. Askbob did that. Nothing happened. I'm starting to wonder if Juggle takes moderation serious or they can't step on the toes of members that are 'well liked'.

At least Phil had the balls to ban members, even if they were unpopular decisions.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 9:55:38 AM
I wouldn't want to see Askbob banned over that. He didn't technically post any of Jacob's info, just said that he had it.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 10:03:26 AM
At 7/6/2011 9:55:38 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
I wouldn't want to see Askbob banned over that. He didn't technically post any of Jacob's info, just said that he had it.

At least probation. Jacob's picture is on his dam profile. If that's not harassment I don't know what is. And its still a form of extortion. Threatening to use force is still a form of force. Just like threatening to use jacob's info is still like using his info.

. Openly encouraging other members to harass another member using personal information such as address, phone number, name etc., will simply not be tolerated on Debate.org.

Many members of this website are minors. Consequently, posting their personal information in a public forum such as Debate.org is not only inappropriate and dangerous; it is a liability for Juggle and the offending member(s) posting the information.

Many members would be upset if askbob was on probation or banned, but that's precisely the point. the mods shouldn't be afraid to take actions just because someone is popular. DDO doesn't have problems banning members everyone dislikes, but they can't ban someone like askbob who has been warned many times for his actions. Do we need to create a cool guy chart to figure out what offenses one can get away with without getting banned from DDO?
Open borders debate:
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 11:37:46 AM
At 7/6/2011 9:53:51 AM, darkkermit wrote:
And they haven't banned askbob!? They stated that any member that shows another members personal information would get banned. Askbob did that. Nothing happened. I'm starting to wonder if Juggle takes moderation serious or they can't step on the toes of members that are 'well liked'.

At least Phil had the balls to ban members, even if they were unpopular decisions.

what is this? The Twilight Zone?
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 11:39:39 AM
At 7/6/2011 11:37:46 AM, Rockylightning wrote:

Well, some of the Juggle folk have granted thread deleting powers to some members on the site, who kind of stay hidden so once in a while they come on and delete things, even if they look like an inactive account.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 11:41:32 AM
At 7/6/2011 11:39:39 AM, ChristianM wrote:

Well, some of the Juggle folk have granted thread deleting powers to some members on the site, who kind of stay hidden so once in a while they come on and delete things, even if they look like an inactive account.

but they don't have banning powers?
Open borders debate:
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 11:43:23 AM
At 7/6/2011 11:41:32 AM, darkkermit wrote:

Correct. Essentially they are forum moderators. But, undistinguished moderators. Its something Phil tried out with a user on here, 2 years ago or so, and never implemented.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 11:45:04 AM
At 7/6/2011 11:43:23 AM, ChristianM wrote:

Correct. Essentially they are forum moderators. But, undistinguished moderators. Its something Phil tried out with a user on here, 2 years ago or so, and never implemented.

how do you even know this. ARE YOU ONE OF THEM!!!
Open borders debate:
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 11:49:46 AM
At 7/6/2011 11:45:04 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 7/6/2011 11:43:23 AM, ChristianM wrote:

how do you even know this. ARE YOU ONE OF THEM!!!

Perhaps, perhaps not.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 12:25:29 PM
At 7/6/2011 12:23:47 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
Askbob's account has been closed guys.

Does that mean he closed it or was it banned?

banned
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 12:27:32 PM
At 7/6/2011 12:25:29 PM, phantom wrote:

banned

uh oh.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 12:30:26 PM

banned

It looks like the mods are doing something but my question is how was akbob popular, everyone I saw hated him. Also, who is Phil did he used to run the site?
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 12:37:29 PM
At 7/6/2011 12:30:26 PM, BennyW wrote:

banned

It looks like the mods are doing something but my question is how was akbob popular, everyone I saw hated him.

A number of people liked him. He didn't do bad in the election. I remember at least one person saying he was one of the coolest members on this site.
Also I think it's going a bit far to say everyone you saw hated him. I think he's pretty cool but he can be a jerk sometimes.

Also, who is Phil did he used to run the site?

Wasn't here when he did but he used to run it. And from what I heard he an askbob were bitter enemies.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 12:40:22 PM
At 7/6/2011 12:19:56 PM, Sieben wrote:
Oh good. They are cracking down on rule violations, but who cares about the actual quality of the website.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 12:53:48 PM
Well scissorhands will come back soon enough!
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 1:18:02 PM
Darkkermit was right...The moderators have decided to ban askbob because of his own campaigns and postings of personal information [picture]. It's good to see that they are at least making efforts to bring about progress on this website.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau