Jump to topic:

Stop Making Threads in This Forum

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 2:47:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is the official thread in this forum announcing that we should stop making threads in this forum for awhile. It's seen a huge boost in activity recently.

Time to stop talking about the site and start participating in the site.

Start a political, economic, religious or philosophical argument. Something interesting for God's sake.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 2:50:09 AM
Exactly, this is a debate site, not a drama forum. On that note, want to debate anything?
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 2:51:41 AM
At 7/7/2011 2:47:44 AM, FREEDO wrote:
This is the official thread in this forum announcing that we should stop making threads in this forum for awhile. It's seen a huge boost in activity recently.

Start a political, economic, religious or philosophical argument. Something interesting for God's sake.

It's nice that you were able to make this announcement instead of I don't know starting your own economic, political, religious or philosphical argument. I don't do much religious or philosphical arguments but if you start anything economical or political I'll likely post.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 2:53:37 AM
At 7/7/2011 2:51:41 AM, darkkermit wrote:

It's nice that you were able to make this announcement instead of I don't know starting your own economic, political, religious or philosphical argument. I don't do much religious or philosphical arguments but if you start anything economical or political I'll likely post.

Yeah, I will be. I'm just saying we all should.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 2:55:34 AM

So you started your own thread in this forum in order to fight against making threads in this forum...........just saying.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 2:58:52 AM
At 7/7/2011 2:55:34 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

So you started your own thread in this forum in order to fight against making threads in this forum...........just saying.

Yes, thank you for pointing out the irony more specifically than I already did. You know from our debates that I am a fan of contradictions and irony.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 3:00:39 AM
At 7/7/2011 2:58:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/7/2011 2:55:34 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Yes, thank you for pointing out the irony more specifically than I already did. You know from our debates that I am a fan of contradictions and irony.

No probs, I like helping people.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 3:17:17 AM
At 7/7/2011 3:14:15 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Posting a topic in politics forums if anybody cares.

I'll be making one in religion tonight.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2011 11:26:18 PM
I was considering saying this too, Freedo, and of course didn't because of the irony :)

At any rate, this song will explain the entire phenomenon to anyone who is interested in figuring out why the DDO forum is exploding at the cost of the others. Unfortunately, when given a choice, we'll always pick the juicy drama over intellectual productivity.
Rob
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 2:45:23 PM

Forums about appropriate topics are good for the site, but topics and online conversation about how bad the site has gotten is not making things any better. That is what needs to stop.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 3:30:19 PM
way to be part of the "problem" wait does posting here also make me part of the "problem" as well? hmmmmm one of those imponderables
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 3:31:30 PM
At 7/10/2011 3:30:19 PM, headphonegut wrote:
way to be part of the "problem" wait does posting here also make me part of the "problem" as well? hmmmmm one of those imponderables