Clody_Franklin

GMDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 4:20:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.debate.org... gone

What's with DDO? seriously! This is a debate site, surely there is gonna be war and disagreement.

I'm very much considering leaving. DDO is losing more value each day.
We're both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you.
GMDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 4:23:19 AM
At 7/7/2011 4:21:56 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
The An-caps are mostly moving on.

true. Anarchists don't know the implications of anarchy anyway. I'm saddened at the great members that has left, specifically cliff!
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 4:24:14 AM
At 7/7/2011 4:23:19 AM, GMDebater wrote:

true. Anarchists don't know the implications of anarchy anyway. I'm saddened at the great members that has left, specifically cliff!

Shut up. We understand it much, much better than you
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 4:25:16 AM
At 7/7/2011 4:24:14 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

They are a huge loss, and were for the most part some of the smartest chaps and best debaters on the site.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 4:25:56 AM

I'm working on cliff.

I'm not happy about them leaving at all. Some i have come to know and call friends; maybe it's short term, and maybe there will be greater balance on the site.
GMDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 4:26:27 AM
At 7/7/2011 4:25:16 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

They are a huge loss, and were for the most part some of the smartest chaps and best debaters on the site.

lol...I'm really not that good cmpared to those that left. Now, all I'm doing is noob sniping. The other members are either trolls or v bombers
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 4:37:02 AM
At 7/7/2011 4:26:27 AM, GMDebater wrote:

lol...I'm really not that good cmpared to those that left. Now, all I'm doing is noob sniping. The other members are either trolls or v bombers

If you want to try and get better, you could debate me on a few anarchic topics.
GMDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 4:40:12 AM
At 7/7/2011 4:37:02 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

If you want to try and get better, you could debate me on a few anarchic topics.

Maybe later, my favourite people to debate with are:
ReformedArsenal
SkepticsAskHere
KeytarHero
Gileandos
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 4:48:30 AM
At 7/7/2011 4:40:12 AM, GMDebater wrote:

ReformedArsenal
SkepticsAskHere
KeytarHero
Gileandos

They are all religious debaters. You might have more luck if you try branching out.
GMDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 4:51:10 AM
At 7/7/2011 4:48:30 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/7/2011 4:40:12 AM, GMDebater wrote:

ReformedArsenal
SkepticsAskHere
KeytarHero
Gileandos

They are all religious debaters. You might have more luck if you try branching out.

true. most of my debates are religios.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 4:58:55 AM
At 7/7/2011 4:57:13 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
What's happening? I smell a conspiracy.

I suppose it was a conspiracy, in that the an-caps discussed the state of the site, and most came to the conclusion it was time to go.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 5:06:29 AM
At 7/7/2011 4:58:55 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

I suppose it was a conspiracy, in that the an-caps discussed the state of the site, and most came to the conclusion it was time to go.

Yep. But still, the motive is a little hazy...
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 5:06:58 AM
At 7/7/2011 5:06:29 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:

What are they trying to prove?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 5:11:22 AM
At 7/7/2011 5:06:58 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
At 7/7/2011 5:06:29 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:

What are they trying to prove?

We are all individuals. We all had different reasons. Some of us aren't leaving.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 7:01:51 AM
I don't really understand why so many people are closing their accounts, it almost seems like trying to make a statement or hoping that their departure causes a reaction. If people don't want to come here anymore they can just stop signing in.

I also think we need to get it in perspective and not panic every time another prominent member leaves. Good people always have and will continue to come and go.

In my time here we have lost countless quality debaters who used to be all over the site. To name but a few: Logical_Master, Kleptin, JBlake, TheSkeptic, Vi_Veri, Tatarize, BrittWaller(RIP), beem0r, Mangani, Alto, sherlockmethod, lexiicaholic, Maikuru, omelet... loads more.

The departure of these valued and distinguished members has in no way destroyed the site and their places have been taken by many other quality debaters including some of those involved in the current exodus.

Most of the people leaving or threatening to leave, such as the prominent an-cap block have only been here about a year and are naive (maybe arrogant) if they think that the quality of the site depends on their continued presence. As far as ideological demographics and variety of discussion goes, we can certainly afford to lose a few an-caps.

Cody is a definite loss, so are askbob, TV, nonentity, Cliff etc. If Grape and Kenyon go they will be significant losses too, but life will go on. As for the guy who is at the heart of trying to make more people leave and/or strike, Sieben is a great debater, but I think overall has a negative impact on the site through his arrogance, insults and persecution of valued members like Cliff.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 8:13:19 AM
But Cody hasn't even completed my thread game?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 9:03:55 AM
At 7/7/2011 7:01:51 AM, feverish wrote:

As for the guy who is at the heart of trying to make more people leave and/or strike,

I haven't really convinced anyone to leave. They've come to me.

Sieben is a great debater, but I think overall has a negative impact on the site through his arrogance,

So I've heard ad nauseam. As far as I can see competence + accurate self image = arrogance to most people. No one's ever shown my self image to be inaccurate, or explained why I should dumb down my self image for them.

insults

People like to cry about my insults, but I've never been challenged on their factual validity. I think they're just latching on to it as a cheap way of discrediting me without facing what I really have to say.

and persecution of valued members like Cliff.

Persecution? Where is my anti-cliff campaign? All my interaction with cliff was initiated by cliff. I never stalked him. If anything, he stalked me even after I made it clear that he should piss off for pissing all over my debates with his nonsensical RFDs

Cliff is another one of those people, like yourself, who interacts just fine as long as they're winning or breaking even on the conversation. But as soon as they start to lose points, they begin shifting the goalposts, dropping arguments, and spamming red herrings in an effort to filibuster through the conversation without losing face, or keep changing the subject till I slip up and then blow it out of proportion so you can feel like you won.

Which is why I call you trolls.

Cliff left because I started a "vigilante" PM where users would use Juggle's own report mechanisms to get rid of lovespammers. The only person I ever asked we vote against is sweetie12, who spammed most of the people in the thread with some generic loveletter. Apparently this pushed Cliff over the edge even though Askbob tracks people down in real life unilaterally and posts their info. Its not my fault if Cliff goes full retard.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 10:19:08 AM
I don't know why they're all closing their accounts. Just don't log in... Problem solved!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 10:22:10 AM
I don't really understand why so many people are closing their accounts, it almost seems like trying to make a statement or hoping that their departure causes a reaction. If people don't want to come here anymore they can just stop signing in.:

My sentiments exactly.

Cody is a definite loss, so are askbob, TV, nonentity, Cliff etc. If Grape and Kenyon go they will be significant losses too, but life will go on. As for the guy who is at the heart of trying to make more people leave and/or strike, Sieben is a great debater, but I think overall has a negative impact on the site through his arrogance, insults and persecution of valued members like Cliff.:

All those people are gone too? Damn site is going to hell in a handbasket.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 10:23:13 AM
I don't really understand why so many people are closing their accounts, it almost seems like trying to make a statement or hoping that their departure causes a reaction. If people don't want to come here anymore they can just stop signing in.

I also think we need to get it in perspective and not panic every time another prominent member leaves. Good people always have and will continue to come and go.

In my time here we have lost countless quality debaters who used to be all over the site. To name but a few: Logical_Master, Kleptin, JBlake, TheSkeptic, Vi_Veri, Tatarize, BrittWaller(RIP), beem0r, Mangani, Alto, sherlockmethod, lexiicaholic, Maikuru, omelet... loads more.

The departure of these valued and distinguished members has in no way destroyed the site and their places have been taken by many other quality debaters including some of those involved in the current exodus.

Most of the people leaving or threatening to leave, such as the prominent an-cap block have only been here about a year and are naive (maybe arrogant) if they think that the quality of the site depends on their continued presence. As far as ideological demographics and variety of discussion goes, we can certainly afford to lose a few an-caps.

Cody is a definite loss, so are askbob, TV, nonentity, Cliff etc. If Grape and Kenyon go they will be significant losses too, but life will go on. As for the guy who is at the heart of trying to make more people leave and/or strike, Sieben is a great debater, but I think overall has a negative impact on the site through his arrogance, insults and persecution of valued members like Cliff.

My sentiments exactly.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 10:36:12 AM
Members who remember the likes of Logical Master, Kleptin, J Blake, The Skeptic, Tatarize, BrittWaller, beem0r, Mangani and Maikuru will agree that their departures greatly impoverished this site.

However, since they left some great new members have joined and filled the void.

Some day some of these debaters may return, although, tragically, BrittWaller's loss is permanent.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 11:03:06 AM
At 7/7/2011 10:36:12 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Members who remember the likes of Logical Master, Kleptin, J Blake, The Skeptic, Tatarize, BrittWaller, beem0r, Mangani and Maikuru will agree that their departures greatly impoverished this site.

However, since they left some great new members have joined and filled the void.

Some day some of these debaters may return, although, tragically, BrittWaller's loss is permanent.

I know nothing of BrittWaller, but that sounds really bad. I saw Tatarize on a debate (not in a debate) a month or so ago, so he's still floating around.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 11:28:40 AM
I've never debated brian. Maybe when everyone else is gone and the site is otherwise empty we can while away the time together (no homo).