Jump to topic:

Improvements for forums categories

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 5:56:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Does anyone here, member or guest, think that dividing the Miscellaneous category into different branches would be beneficial? I understand that this is a trivial matter, but it does seem that a few of the other categories as well--art, DDO, society, and so on, can be divided even further. Art could be divided into topics such as paintings, media (films, in particular), and so on, as an illustration.

Does anyone agree with my proposal?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 6:06:06 PM
At 7/10/2011 6:05:17 PM, headphonegut wrote:
no

You mind explaining why, headphonegut?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 6:30:30 PM
At 7/10/2011 6:06:06 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 7/10/2011 6:05:17 PM, headphonegut wrote:
no

You mind explaining why, headphonegut?

Most certainly I do very much mind, but I'll explain nonetheless.

While I find the OP a bit ambiguous wether it be only the Misc section or several others sections as well that should be divided. The main concern of mine is that while many froums have sections that are divided it seems that is too often the case clicking at a forum for example DDO then being taken to another page where there are as many options on where to go as posts in those options, even then there are divided sections in the sections that are divided. How do you exactly divide the misc section by the way? It would be a bit arbitrary I would imagine.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 6:47:24 PM
At 7/10/2011 5:56:14 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Does anyone here, member or guest, think that dividing the Miscellaneous category into different branches would be beneficial? I understand that this is a trivial matter, but it does seem that a few of the other categories as well--art, DDO, society, and so on, can be divided even further. Art could be divided into topics such as paintings, media (films, in particular), and so on, as an illustration.

Does anyone agree with my proposal?

No.

I've been to sites like that. I don't think there's much reason too have it.

Also the arts forum is hardly used much. There's no need to divide it. The only forum that gets enough attention to even consider it, is the ddo forum. And that's only atm because of recent events. It's already dying down and in a few days I probably wouldn't be able to say this. Also there's the question, what the the sub categories be?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 10:48:16 PM
When Juggle first came they asked us what improvement we would like to the forums and it was updated then. They added the Economics, Games and Personal forums.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord