Jump to topic:

Kind of back

BangBang-Coconut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 12:07:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey Guys, I'm going to be back on DDO; at least for this week. I'm at debate camp right now, and I'm working on deconstructing the camp resolution. We've been given a sample Aff and Neg Case, and just as soon as I'm finished deconstructing and typing them up, I'm going to post them in the Forums and have you guys help me with them.

Anyways, thanks. Bye.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 12:16:02 AM
At 7/11/2011 12:07:16 AM, BangBang-Coconut wrote:
Hey Guys, I'm going to be back on DDO; at least for this week. I'm at debate camp right now, and I'm working on deconstructing the camp resolution. We've been given a sample Aff and Neg Case, and just as soon as I'm finished deconstructing and typing them up, I'm going to post them in the Forums and have you guys help me with them.

Anyways, thanks. Bye.

Good to have you back BBC.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 12:23:09 AM

Anyways, thanks. Bye.

I'll debate you on the resolution. Do you do L-D or P-F or what?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
BangBang-Coconut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 12:35:58 AM
At 7/11/2011 12:16:02 AM, Rockylightning wrote:

Anyways, thanks. Bye.

Good to have you back BBC.

Sorry, it's only temporary D:
BangBang-Coconut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 12:37:40 AM
At 7/11/2011 12:23:09 AM, wjmelements wrote:

Anyways, thanks. Bye.

I'll debate you on the resolution. Do you do L-D or P-F or what?

I don't think I'll have time for an actual debate this week; I just want some help running some mock arguments on these cases.
The style is a hybrid of Policy and PF; the cases have much more content than PF, but it's more in plain english, and matter-of-fact kind of rhetoric.
BangBang-Coconut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 1:22:52 AM
At 7/11/2011 1:21:30 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Why do you keep deactivating your account rather than just not logging on?

I'm not back for good is why; Once camp is over I'm going to delete my account again. If you want I'll give you my Facebook contact info.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 1:30:41 AM
At 7/11/2011 12:16:35 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Debate camp doesn't exist. BoP is on you.

This one time......... at debate camp.................
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 1:49:49 AM
At 7/11/2011 1:22:52 AM, BangBang-Coconut wrote:
At 7/11/2011 1:21:30 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Why do you keep deactivating your account rather than just not logging on?

I'm not back for good is why; Once camp is over I'm going to delete my account again. If you want I'll give you my Facebook contact info.

Would you mind pming me that?
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 2:41:03 AM
At 7/11/2011 1:30:41 AM, jharry wrote:
At 7/11/2011 12:16:35 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Debate camp doesn't exist. BoP is on you.

This one time......... at debate camp.................

Just....dont.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 3:17:45 AM
Debate camp........almost as good as Jesus camp ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 10:34:44 AM
At 7/11/2011 4:28:12 PM, BangBang-Coconut wrote:
"Resolved: The 50 states should adopts a system of choice for primary and secondary public and private schools"

The resolution doesn't specifically say vouchers, so the "system of choice" could involve selecting which public school one attends. People who live in the good school districts typically oppose this because it both ruins the school and the real estate values.

Voucher systems are expanding rapidly. A news item said, if I recall correctly, that 18 states hve adopted voucher systems in the past year or two. Milwaukee has a voucher system, and it will be expanded to Racine. One report cited a number of prominent Democrats who are now supporting vouchers. I suggest searching for supporting quotes from those previously opposed.