Jump to topic:

Givemeliberty

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 1:19:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
There's a new bozo in town; any member, besides myself, who have been in contact with this guy (and in a conversation), may vent and start a flame war with this guy.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 1:39:01 AM
I'm starting to think that you and Izbo are the same person and you're just arguing with yourself.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 1:44:43 AM
At 7/13/2011 1:39:01 AM, tornshoe92 wrote:
I'm starting to think that you and Izbo are the same person and you're just arguing with yourself.

Thanks for the suspicions. Please ask some of my friends, ReformedArsenal, Medic, Freeman, and consider whether I am Izbo or not. Izbo is an atheist, but does not tolerate religion, especially Christianity. I have defended Christianity against him, and tried to show him the fallacy of his ways. I am only fourteen; he's thirty (big age difference, there.) I'm still in high school; he has already obtained his doctorate. Izbo does not capitalize his sentences, and is clearly even more insulting than I am. If you look at my debating styles, I try to separate my debates into contentions...Izbo...does nothing. I have been kind with ReformedArsenal and have actually tried to support him while he is arguing with Izbo.

I ask you this. How could I have logged into different accounts and argued with myself in a few minutes? Is it worth it?

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 1:46:22 AM

I have only one account, with only one e-mail address associated with that account. I think Juggle would have closed my accounts by now, if I and "Izbo are the same person".

And in regards with givemeliberty, I found his behavior rather lacking, especially in his discussions on pro-life/abortion/natural laws.

tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 1:56:06 AM
Meaningless joke was meaningless.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 1:59:13 AM

I do get aggressive, but please note that many of the comments between me and Izbo have occurred in the space of a second, or a few more. It is a little probable for me (assuming that I am Izbo) to log into my account as MIG, post a comment, than log out and re-log in as Izbo and post a comment to my comment.

I hope that I haven't been too aggressive, but I am very different from bozo. It is a little weird to have one person to argue with himself, insult himself (as idiot, moron, and use curse words), and even insult and argue with the same friends--while helping them at the same time. And I have gotten along with the same people that Izbo has been cursing and insulting, so it would seem like a dual polarity for a guy to do two contradictory things.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 2:00:42 AM
At 7/13/2011 1:56:06 AM, tornshoe92 wrote:
Meaningless joke was meaningless.

That was a joke? Oops. You see, jokes can get past me very quickly. And please ignore that PM that I sent after reading your "meaningless joke"...I do apologize. I get very angry when someone tries to compare me with Izbo...The thought of me being similar to him is a bit unnerving.

tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 2:09:30 AM
lol it's all good. One thing that you should probably work on (and one of the most important things my dad has taught me) is recognizing a "waste of time" argument. For example, your back and forth with Izbo is a giant waste of your time because he is so convinced of his correctness that you won't be able to change his mind, and there really isn't much that you can learn from arguing with him, other than how not to debate I suppose. Essentially, you might as well be slamming your head on your desk.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 2:13:18 AM
At 7/13/2011 2:09:30 AM, tornshoe92 wrote:
lol it's all good. One thing that you should probably work on (and one of the most important things my dad has taught me) is recognizing a "waste of time" argument.
That lesson would be very important, especially with the little spare time that I have left, between SAT prep and SAT homework time, and SAT essay time.
For example, your back and forth with Izbo is a giant waste of your time because he is so convinced of his correctness that you won't be able to change his mind, and there really isn't much that you can learn from arguing with him, other than how not to debate I suppose.
That's probably the same with givemeliberty as well...so full of himself to the point of asking me to resign. Arguing with him is truly like slamming my head on the desk and wasting hours of sleep just to read his responses.
Essentially, you might as well be slamming your head on your desk.
Now my head hurts, especially if I just spend word and time with mr. Izbo.