Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Why's every1 suddenly hating on/leaving DDO?

jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 3:59:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I joined this site a little more than a year ago. While I haven't been the most active member on the site (hence my post count being in the hundreds, not the tens of thousands) I guess it's safe to say that I've frequented the forums and though I haven't engaged in a formal debate in a while I've been in several over the last year and even won a few along the way. I truly hate to be corny as I truly hate corniness, but ever since I joined, I was amazed by the DDO community and the intellectual content it produced and continues to produce on a daily basis. I'm a curious individual, I value intellectual honestly tremendously, and I still have a lot to learn in just about every subject. For almost anything I want to learn more of, DDO pretty much has had the best to offer in terms of the most diverse opinions and best representations of each serious stance. I haven't found this anywhere else on the internet. This place is a collection of some of the most diverse and brilliant individuals I've ever had the chance to communicate with. I think it contains an abundance of information on every topic the intellectual could dream of sinking his teeth into. At my high school, I'm one of the smartest and most well read kids there is. Just the fact that I'm a libertarian makes me unique there, and then the fact that I'm a staunch and relatively well read atheist leads me to own every debate I engage in because most kids haven't given either of those stances much thought and are quite ignorant beyond the status quo. Here, however, I can expect to promptly have my a$$ handed to me on just about every issue, which is awesome, for someone who values challenging opinions to test their truth, or lack thereof. To ask whether someone is familiar with the key concepts of libertarianism, or of atheism, would literally be comical. That would be a joke. Most contributing members here are extremely well read and the smartest in their fields or whatever they contend to be their forte than anyone I've encountered, ever. I can always count on this site and its members to provide the most diverse opinions on every major topic, and it's great to see every side so well represented. Aside from wikipedia, this is my go to place for knowledge of all sorts.

In short, this place is really great for those who want to learn and discover essentially every topic there is to learn and discover. Maybe it's because I still have way more to learn than so many people who have been deprecating the community/who have been so ready to deactivate their accounts, but aside from that I really don't get it. I can safely rely on the content in this place to in effect write my essays for me in just about every subject. Again, maybe it's because I'm just not as educated as the top debaters here who really know their stuff. But long story short, this place is the s*!t, it's as good as an intellectual online community as anyone could ever hope for, so WHY IN THE WORLD is it the latest trend to hate on it and call it quits???????? It's quite beyond me. Thanks.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 4:32:14 AM
Wow, it's like Bizarro-charles. Libertarian, cheerful, but still tl;dr.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 4:42:22 AM
At 7/14/2011 4:32:14 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

The only thing that makes sense to me from that post is the references to charles, but I don't get how that relates to me or my post, and I don't know what tl;dr means...
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 4:46:10 AM
At 7/14/2011 4:42:22 AM, jat93 wrote:

The only thing that makes sense to me from that post is the references to charles, but I don't get how that relates to me or my post, and I don't know what tl;dr means...

Oh.
Gee, thanks.
I'm pretty sure that post would take 60 seconds to read. Jussayin. Kinda assumed that anyone reading that wouldn't have the attention span of a rodent, whatevs.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 5:00:23 AM
At 7/14/2011 4:46:10 AM, jat93 wrote:
At 7/14/2011 4:42:22 AM, jat93 wrote:

Oh.
Gee, thanks.
I'm pretty sure that post would take 60 seconds to read. Jussayin. Kinda assumed that anyone reading that wouldn't have the attention span of a rodent, whatevs.

Dude, don't worry. It wasn't very long. Could have used breaking into one or two more paragraph, but nothing major.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 5:17:52 AM
The irony of course is that I had to read it to know how libertarian and cheerful it was.

Ah well, some people can't take a joke.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 6:54:18 AM
At 7/14/2011 5:17:52 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The irony of course is that I had to read it to know how libertarian and cheerful it was.

Sorry :(
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 7:25:21 AM
At 7/14/2011 5:17:52 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

It speaks!
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 11:10:00 AM
At 7/14/2011 3:59:29 AM, jat93 wrote:
Again, maybe it's because I'm just not as educated as the top debaters here who really know their stuff. But long story short, this place is the s*!t, it's as good as an intellectual online community as anyone could ever hope for, so WHY IN THE WORLD is it the latest trend to hate on it and call it quits???????? It's quite beyond me. Thanks.

As a noob, I'm really starting to wonder if it's worth wading through all the negativity to hang around much longer. I have to admit I had my hopes up and high expectations when I first found the site and started reading the debates of others.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 12:04:28 PM
At 7/14/2011 11:10:00 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
Again, maybe it's because I'm just not as educated as the top debaters here who really know their stuff. But long story short, this place is the s*!t, it's as good as an intellectual online community as anyone could ever hope for, so WHY IN THE WORLD is it the latest trend to hate on it and call it quits???????? It's quite beyond me. Thanks.

As a noob, I'm really starting to wonder if it's worth wading through all the negativity to hang around much longer. I have to admit I had my hopes up and high expectations when I first found the site and started reading the debates of others.

Welcome to DDO. If you are interested in high quality debates, it worth hanging around!
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 12:07:49 PM
At 7/14/2011 12:04:28 PM, baggins wrote:
At 7/14/2011 11:10:00 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:

Welcome to DDO. If you are interested in high quality debates, it worth hanging around!

Thanks Baggins.

To the newbs, we go through this stuff every so often. It's no big deal; it's just a bunch of people indulging in drama.
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 12:23:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome comments.

I've invited some friends and hope that others will join.

-Chuz
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 1:52:14 PM
At 7/14/2011 12:23:30 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:

-Chuz

Definitely worth hanging around. Of course the forums are great for stimulating discussions on any topic, but if you don't want to "sift through the negativity" I suggest checking out some of the actual debates of the most experienced debaters on the site, and you're bound to learn something new about a topic that strikes your fancy.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 7:21:27 PM
At 7/14/2011 12:23:30 PM, Chuz-Life wrote:

-Chuz

Yea, welcome to the forums. Yea, I notice you got into a squabble with sieben. I think he's planning on leaving though, and good riddance to him. Sieben likes to belittle people. He's a complete douche. Don't worry, he's the needle in the haystack. Most members on DDO aren't out to belittle each other, but most members will challenge your perspective though. It's part of the site. Most people get along with each other, even if they have completely opposite perspectives than one another.
Open borders debate: